Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanatos - the heavy weight on scales of Victory.

New Member Cupidhead Psichologas's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Exclamation Thanatos - the heavy weight on scales of Victory.

Hello fellow Smite players.

I had a break from Smite for few months, when I came back I was surprised with all changes introduced to game. Some of them I liked, some of them I did not, but what I hate the most about MOBA games is lack of balance as balance is neccessary to enjoy the game to the fullest.

Thanatos on the other hand is something that is exact opposite of balance. Now and then Thanatos was very strong, his current win rate is over 67% which is by far too much, Bacchus is at first place with 71% win rate. While Bacchus is rarely picked, Thanatos is in about 80% of games I played, free week of his may be one of the reasons but he was as much popular months ago. I lost each and every game agains him, I won only 2/8 games as in 1 our Thanatos was better player and in other there was no Thanatos.

What do you think guys?

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Thanatos is a very hit-or-miss god. Either he and his lanes snowball hard or they fall behind hard.

He's also extremely early game oriented. In mid and late game he falls off hard, the only real thing he has going for him is his silence and ult in these stages.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Junior Member Cupidhead DeMeNtEdizzle's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    I went 26-4 with Thanatos the other day in Assault, with 4 triple kills and 2 quadra kills. Then I got him again last night in another Assault and went 5-8 because the team I was going against was much more suited to take care of me than the team I faced when I went 26-4.

Gods are only "overpowered" if you don't have the right counter god(s) to shut them down.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Thanatos is a very hit-or-miss god. Either he and his lanes snowball hard or they fall behind hard.

He's also extremely early game oriented. In mid and late game he falls off hard, the only real thing he has going for him is his silence and ult in these stages.
    He is the same as Bastet, but a little more difficult to start the snowball forming process.

Bastet just needs to Razor Whip, and Ult and ur 90% going to get a Kill.

Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by White2abbit View Post
    He is the same as Bastet, but a little more difficult to start the snowball forming process.

Bastet just needs to Razor Whip, and Ult and ur 90% going to get a Kill.
    IMO Thanatos' 1 gets him snowballing a hell of a lot easier.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Junior Member Cupidhead DeMeNtEdizzle's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    IMO Thanatos' 1 gets him snowballing a hell of a lot easier.
    Without a doubt, it hits extremely hard early game AND heals him. Get a player who doesn't miss those 1's and you'll soon be dealing with a fed Thanatos, which is another way to say "just press F6".

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMeNtEdizzle View Post
    Without a doubt, it hits extremely hard early game AND heals him. Get a player who doesn't miss those 1's and you'll soon be dealing with a fed Thanatos, which is another way to say "just press F6".
    bruh jst f6 allredy scrubz

New Member Cupidhead Psichologas's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I understand what you say guys, but 67% win rate says it all, I am not saying that complete newbie can wipe out entire team with Thanatos, NO. But if you are at least average player you will get fed with him and carry whole game, as it is way too easy to do so, he is just too strong. I have nothing against people who are skilled and can do the same with any other god. I saw many people who can have no more than average skill level and wipe out people in 1vs2 or 1vs3.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Psichologas View Post
    I understand what you say guys, but 67% win rate says it all, I am not saying that complete newbie can wipe out entire team with Thanatos, NO. But if you are at least average player you will get fed with him and carry whole game, as it is way too easy to do so, he is just too strong. I have nothing against people who are skilled and can do the same with any other god. I saw many people who can have no more than average skill level and wipe out people in 1vs2 or 1vs3.
    It's not the player that's good.

It's the opponents that are bad.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CaptBeers's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    I'm pretty sure a 67% win rate means almost nothing. He isn't easy to play so the peopel that do play him are probably just a bit better than the average player. As previously mentioned, he is pretty good early on but once you get to mid or late game he really falls off. As long you ward your lanes and avoid giving him easy ganks to prevent snowballing you can really keep a lid on him.