Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why is Anubis listed as very hard?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead boundedcrib's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSolanaceae View Post
    You mean 3 and 4?

His 2 is the stun.
    Ah sorry. It's been a while since I played Anubis.
    I don't have a cool signature.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 678
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by boundedcrib View Post
    Ah sorry. It's been a while since I played Anubis.
    It's his 1 and 4 actually. His 3 is grasping hands. But as people have stated, Anubis biggest weakness is the results of his raw power. He has the abilities to hit you so hard that if you don't die, you are definitely going back to base. The downside is when he does his big attack, he stands completely still. And if you're up against a team who pays attention, the instant you do any of those attacks 2, 3, or even 4 members of the opposite side descend upon you and you dead in seconds. That's why he's listed as hard. If you attack and fail to land a kill, chances are you're dead.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
    some of the Gods are improperly tagged based on difficulty in my opinion.
    This is pretty much the thoughts of a lot of people on this board.
    No matter what planet...
    No matter what galaxy...
    They always look up in wonder.
    Some fall to their knees in worship.
    Others hide behind walls and towers.
    But the thing they do best... is beg for mercy.
    It's just... adorable.

Abandon hope all ye who reply to me!

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Because it's very hard for some people to understand they need HP items and Pythagorem, not Bancroft's trash.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    That's completely outside of his kit.
    So? A god's mechanics, strengths and weaknesses don't need to be in the kit.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sareer's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    He has no mobility and is prone to CC as well as ganks.
    Several gods fit that category. How good a god is at avoiding ganks and/or self peeling and how difficult a god is are different subjects.

Difficulty comes from skillshots in the kit, how difficult the skillshots are to hit based on width/cast time/projectile speed and more importantly how reliant the god is on landing the skillshot. In Anubis's case he is incredibly reliant on hitting mummify, he will live or die based on whether or not he hits it. Mummify gives him great turnaround potential if he lands it. An anubis that misses a majority of his mummifys will will fail miserably while on the other hand an anubis that lands most of his mummifys will be very effective.

The skill itself is a very difficult skillshot, it is similar to Ullr's axe throw and Thanatos's Death Scythe in that the projectile comes out shortly after the skill is activated and not immediately afterwards (Anhur's impale comes out immediately (almost)). Secondly, The trajectory of the projectile cannot be altered during the short cast time (Comparison: Zeus's chain lightning's trajectory can be changed during the cast time). Thirdly the projectile has a fairly slow projectile speed (compare to Impale).

Notice that Thanatos is also categorized as "Very Hard" because in his case too his effectiveness or ineffectiveness is determined by whether or not he is able to hit Death Scythe a majority of the time.

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    So? A god's mechanics, strengths and weaknesses don't need to be in the kit.
    We're talking about difficulty to use a god here, not what you listed.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareer View Post
    Several gods fit that category. How good a god is at avoiding ganks and/or self peeling and how difficult a god is are different subjects.

Difficulty comes from skillshots in the kit, how difficult the skillshots are to hit based on width/cast time/projectile speed and more importantly how reliant the god is on landing the skillshot. In Anubis's case he is incredibly reliant on hitting mummify, he will live or die based on whether or not he hits it. Mummify gives him great turnaround potential if he lands it. An anubis that misses a majority of his mummifys will will fail miserably while on the other hand an anubis that lands most of his mummifys will be very effective.

The skill itself is a very difficult skillshot, it is similar to Ullr's axe throw and Thanatos's Death Scythe in that the projectile comes out shortly after the skill is activated and not immediately afterwards (Anhur's impale comes out immediately (almost)). Secondly, The trajectory of the projectile cannot be altered during the short cast time (Comparison: Zeus's chain lightning's trajectory can be changed during the cast time). Thirdly the projectile has a fairly slow projectile speed (compare to Impale).

Notice that Thanatos is also categorized as "Very Hard" because in his case too his effectiveness or ineffectiveness is determined by whether or not he is able to hit Death Scythe a majority of the time.
    If you want to talk kits, then...

Anubis requires he stands still for 2 of his 4 skills. Therefore, positioning is important, and since Anubis is a mid god, that's incredibly difficult.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm confused, like what's in his kit that's hard, the only thing I can think of is 2 and 4 can be hard to land, but that doesn't seem like something deserving of the title 'very hard,' when his other abilities don't take much skill to use.
    It took me 44 matches with Anubis to get decent. Decent is defined as 50% win loss ratio.
    I used to play He bo, then they nerfed He bo. What now?

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If you want to talk kits, then...

Anubis requires he stands still for 2 of his 4 skills. Therefore, positioning is important, and since Anubis is a mid god, that's incredibly difficult.
    That's why I think he is listed as hard, due to having to stand still to channel abilities which can be interrupted or get him destroyed. (minus ult CC immunity)

I do think the listing of God difficulty is a tad off for some.