Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    http://smite.guru/match/137070369

That's a LEAGUE match...

I've seen lop sided games before.
    I've lots before...

But there should never be a game that claims it has matchmaking and you can have a 38-1 game.

Wanna know how we got the 2nd kill?
    The titan killed one person as my mid did a kamikaze kraken as they were on the titan.

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopxX View Post

That's a LEAGUE match...

I've lots before...

But there should never be a game that claims it has matchmaking and you can have a 38-1 game.

The titan killed one person as my mid did a kamikaze kraken as they were on the titan.
    Or have a Neith DC and never come back, and almost win a 4v5 ^_^
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopxX View Post

That's a LEAGUE match...

I've lots before...

Bronze and low silver.

There's your answer.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Honoured FreezingVoid's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Think the biggest issue is that not enough people play leagues.
    And personally I don't blaim em.

I forget the exact number, but only like 24,000 players actually play ranked games between EU and US.
    Lets assume their is even distribution between the two realms. That drops the number down to 12,000.

The average wait time for a league match last I played was 10-15 minutes.
    Again lets assume that their is an even distribution during every part of the day. If one runs the match it works out to about 80-125 people for league matches at a given time. That means 8-12.5 given matches qeueing at a given time.

Of course to even get that number one has to assume quite a few things. The actual number of actual potential matches waiting for queue is probably quite a bit lower, if not significantly so.

(My math may be wrong. A bit out of it and tired, not thinking straight.)

That is a huge strain for the match making system to deal with. If more plat or higher players make up that distribution? Well someones going to get a bad game. If more low elo players make up that distribution? Well someones going to get a bad game.

Throw in duo queues, and you have a recipe for disaster.

To fix elo disparity in matches, they essentially need to promote more people to play ranked. Which im not entirely sure how they can do that.

Even back when they offered free gem rewards for playing ranked games during their free gem give aways, it did nothing to boost the actual number of players playing ranked. All everyone expected during those events was to be carried by pro's for free gems, versus other teams expecting to be carried by pro's for free gems. Once they got their gems they left.

Im not saying the match making system is working as it should, even in casual with tons more players the match maker seems to still be bad at times. Throwing 5 beta tester players with over a 1000 wins each versus 1 person playing since launch with only 100 or so wins and 4 players who it is one their first matches played.

Personally I don't play leagues, because it is too depressing that often times whether you win or lose seems to be based on the luck of the draw, which team gets worse feeders and trolls.
    Not that I have many games played, but quite literally, one match I would silver+ team mates versus full bronze players with one silver. The next I would be on the bronze team.
    Qualifying for silver 5 was a huge hassle in and of itself. Win one match in a landslide, qualify for promotion, get bad team lose promotion in a land slie, win the next match, lose the promotion again, over and over until I lucked out.
    That made me quit playing league.

With the addition of duo queues, I have no interest.
    Besides, I was a support main, but since the changes it is way too frustrating to play support. No thanks, ill do it in casuals where there are no points on the line.
    Last edited by FreezingVoid; 02-25-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Senior Member Honoured Ginrikuzuma's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezingVoid View Post

I forget the exact number, but only like 24,000 players actually play ranked games between EU and US.
    Lets assume their is even distribution between the two realms. That drops the number down to 12,000.

Again lets assume that their is an even distribution during every part of the day. If one runs the match it works out to about 80-125 people for league matches at a given time. That means 8-12.5 given matches qeueing at a given time.

(My math may be wrong.)

That is a huge strain for the match making system to deal with. If more plat or higher players make up that distribution? Well someones going to get a bad game. If more low elo players make up that distribution? Well someones going to get a bad game.

To fix elo disparity in matches, they essentially need to promote more people to play ranked. Which im not entirely sure how they can do that.

Even back when they offered free gem rewards for playing ranked games during their free gem give aways, it did nothing to boost the actual number of players playing ranked. All everyone expected during those events was to be carried by pro's for free gems, versus other teams expecting to be carried by pro's for free gems. Once they got their gems they left.

Im not saying the match making system is working as it should, even in casual with tons more players the match maker seems to still be bad at times. Throwing 5 beta tester players with over a 1000 wins each versus 1 person playing since launch with only 100 or so wins and 4 players who it is one their first matches played.

Personally I don't play leagues, because it is too depressing that often times whether you win or lose seems to be based on the luck of the draw, which team gets worse feeders and trolls.
    Not that I have many games played, but quite literally, one match I would silver+ team mates versus full bronze players with one silver. The next I would be on the bronze team.
    Qualifying for silver 5 was a huge hassle in and of itself. Win one match, qualify for promotion, get bad team lose promotion, win the next match, lose the promotion again, over and over until I lucked out.

With the addition of duo queues, I have no interest.
    Besides, I was a support main, but since the changes it is way too frustrating to play support. No thanks, ill do it in casuals where there are no points on the line.
    when they decide to make matchmaking match with and against your peers instead of a collective score I will join ranked for now most games you will have that one person who is pretty good or pretty bad and not necessarily in the role they are best at.
    We need Centeotl, Aztec God of Maize.
    For those threads you need popcorn...
    I still stand behind this Janus concept instead of the silly one we have with portals...

With the Scylla skin done now I can hope for Ne Zha's

The crusher is such a bullshit item, lets remodel Nu Wa due to complaints of backdooring and now instead give physicals like Loki and Apollo an item to aid in backdooring.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,087
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    The problem i had was the way it divided the teams. And i had a post where i went in detail and the games to show how it worked but the TLDR version is it picks out 10 people, the range of their rating depends on how many people are in the Que. The highest ELO is 1, the lowest is 10.
    TEAM A: 1,7,8,9,10
    TEAM B: 2,3,4,5,6
    This is how it worked and still works a compared to just the last game i played. The problem is that im around 1900, but because im the highest, i get can (and have) gotten players around 1400. Where the other team all sat around 1700. Now they said they fixed it. I will believe Hirez, however, look at my last game and looking every player up this is how it worked in my latest game. And yes I lost because my bottom player picked Hou Yi and built him as a tank.

#Salty
    No you shouldn't take games seriously, however if you aren't taking you team seriously then why are you playing multiplayer?
    IGN Redscyte if you need me for ingame assistance.

Junior Member Cupidhead Snakethepoets's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I recently just got back into smite, after playing LoL for a couple months and realizing that the game wasn't fun to me like smite was before, I returned to it a bit ago, and after seeing what leagues is like I would say it's fair. With the including of curse anyone that knows how to make good calls and can coordinate with a team, will win. If you are not talking with your team in curse the game will be harder, but in that case you may still type things out in chat or use the commands. I have seen a lot of people talk about how the teams are just luck based, you will either get stomped or stomp them, it doesn't work like that. This game is not based on kills, and once people realize that I assume they will win a lot more games. In lol, if someone is fed, you will probably lose, that person can 1v5 and destroy you. In smite, it doesn't work like that. This game is 10x more objective based and even a fed person will easily be stopped by a team that is willing to coordinate and win the game. If you are losing team fights, call for split pushing. If you deicide the team, be the one to say lets hop on fg. The game is a matter of whether you are 5 fingers, or you are a hand. And the hand will win the game.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakethepoets View Post
    The game is a matter of whether you are 5 fingers, or you are a hand. And the hand will win the game.
    Not to mention a hand can spank some ass harder than 5 fingers can.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Gryffyn's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezingVoid View Post

Of course to even get that number one has to assume quite a few things. The actual number of actual potential matches waiting for queue is probably quite a bit lower, if not significantly so.

(My math may be wrong. A bit out of it and tired, not thinking straight.)

Qualifying for silver 5 was a huge hassle in and of itself. Win one match in a landslide, qualify for promotion, get bad team lose promotion in a land slie, win the next match, lose the promotion again, over and over until I lucked out.
    I had the intention of playing in leagues when I reached lvl 30. After reading forum threads like this one I am convinced that it would be a bad idea. I like the game alot, I always have curse up hoping someone else will connect, I listen to the team and try to learn the different gods but it seems like people who play league want instant and absolute perfection. I am probably a mediocre player. Your comments about the que, matchmaking and higher level players having a "bad game" is echoed throughout the forums. I guess I will stay casual in normal.
    Mute those who rage, they will only bring you down.

Support: Sylvanus / Ymir / Bacchus
    Mid: Pos / Ra / Kulkukan
    Solo: Ra / Odin
    ADC: Hou Yi / Neith
    Jungler: Bastet / Thor

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    The problem of MM comes when you do a great performance and your team dont. It doesnt care what the elo of your teammates was, just say match making and you will have and excuse...