Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Gods, Heroes, and Monsters did they get right?

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Scylla wasn't made up, they just took a different story for her.

"Various Greek myths account for Scylla's origins and fate. According to some, she was one of the children of Phorcys and Ceto. Other sources, including Stesichorus, cite her parents as Triton and Lamia. According to John Tzetzes[2] and Servius' commentary on the Aeneid,[3] Scylla was a beautiful naiad who was claimed by Poseidon, but the jealous Amphitrite turned her into a monster by poisoning the water of the spring where Scylla would bathe."

Source: Wikipedia

Senior Member Honoured Knuffiba's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Most Hindu gods are done well, as there are always alot of different images, people have of them. (Kumbha is nice btw)
    Most Chinese gods are pretty accurate. (Ne Zha ftw)
    Most norse gods are kinda correct as there are only a few older image sources.
    Many greek gods aren't totally accurate as the ancient greeks imagined all of them looking pretty much the same
    They were all young, pretty and mostly naked. Only differences were their weapons, armor or other signs that have often been pictured with them. (special fruits, animals, etc.)

Many older images of gods are not even close to the badass warriors we expect them to be.
    Example, ancient Loki with a fishernet:

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    they got em all right in my opinion. I enjoy everything about smite
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I hate how Hercules has a club, I wish he had a massive sword. But then again, I grew up with that old Disney Hercules PC game which rocked! Thor seems unable to take a beating which is weird... For a fire God, it seems weird for Agni to shoot Meteorites, Loki is so old, etc. etc. So yeah, there are some clear inconsistencies with how the Gods work, but I suppose you got to give them credit for the creative interpretations they're spinning on them and how they manage to balance all these Gods out even though each and every one of them is so unique and feels like they actually have character.
    Last edited by IFlip92; 02-24-2015 at 02:37 PM.