Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to Hel?

Senior Member Chosen Killgunner10's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyStorm View Post
    Thank you kindly for all your replies!

I think, for the most part, I have trouble figuring out when to go in and burst and when to hang back, but I'll take KingScuba's advice and try that.

Why is Doom Orb bad for Hel?
    Well, she is the squishest goddess in the game and she will die a lot since the enemy will focus the healer losing your stacks quickly.
    Ao Kuang is love, Ao Kuang is life.

A Pirate's Life For Me!

Legendary OOTT member Of The Official Off-topic Section

1000th Reply : Killgunner10

Never Forget What Was Lost. Remember The Old Official Off-topic thread!

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgunner10 View Post
    Well, she is the squishest goddess in the game and she will die a lot since the enemy will focus the healer losing your stacks quickly.
    Often, I find myself building partially defensive and I still seem to get ripped apart pretty quickly...

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rod of Asclepius is great on her. Increases her sustain as well as everyone else's around, her power and her survivability. She is easily countered though, Divine Ruin/Beatstick + Weakening Curse (in which case you should get Heavenly Agility) and you are more or less dead. Crit builds really hurt her (Played Freya v Hel in MoTD 1v1 Joust. She had upper hand on two kills on me until I built Deathbringer, so perhaps Celestial Legion Helm might be good on her?). Up side is, the enemy has to use many slots to counter you fully, so just make it as difficult as possible for them to counter you.

Senior Member Honoured GroundStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    For her dark side 2 , then 1 then 3 while 2 is active when trying to burst. She actually has real nice base magic damage but goes down to physical types very quickly, I would avoid going head to head with physical types without help , or unless they are weak or you can catch them by surprise/from behind. Her cooldowns are real low so I think building MP5 and CDR over basic attacks is the way to go

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptBeers View Post
    Hel has a lot of hard counters. Ares is nightmare to deal with (really any god with lots of CC). She has no escapes and is extremely vulnerable to CC. Beads are your friend. The short range on her abilities doesn't help either.
    I'm not really sure why Ares would be any sort of problem for Hel. He only has his Ult, and if you use Cleanse pre-emptively it won't even pull her. In fact I've used Cleanse to counter a LOT of CC heavy gods like Thor by dropping it on my own feet in anticipation of an incoming stun. It tends to totally throw them off.

Senior Member Chosen GodlySparta's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    Timing is really key for Hel. Being Support is also. Try to stay back in fights. Change stances periodically for the unexpected. Really help when you need to help finish off a kill or keep an enemy from finishing one. Know her skills by heart and that would really help as well. All you need to do is don't get hit. She is very squishy but her heals are very good. Try to keep with the tank. She can really turn the tide on a battle but she must be present to do that. (Hint: Don't die) With Hel, I manage over 200 assists per week. (That's only if I play her a lot that week) Remember that timing your heals, your cleanses, and your slows really brings favor to your team. (Literally)
    If you see this signature it either means, 1. I've been here and said something random about your thread. 2. I've replies to your post 3. This is my thread or 4. You've ranted something about Ares and I don't like it.

Newest God/Goddess Concept:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...kness-(rework)

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    There is only one way to play Hel. Being aggressive as possible in all stages of the game. I am convinced that Hel is the strongest Hyper-carry in this game but few ever get their because they play too defensive with her. They get locked into the "I am support mentality" and realize they aren't contributing enough to their team and then say "this god sucks".

The misconceptions that follow Hel are amusing to say the least. Hel takes awhile to master because you need to have a full understanding of how far you can push her without being killed and knowledge of every god and their CC in the game. You also have to understand the quality of play that you can expect from your opponents.

If people want to master Hel, take her into 1v1 joust and learn her potential. Then take her into arena and start exercising your jukes. She is all about how you move. You move in a straight line, you die. You move in circles around your enemy while utilizing your insane damage and heals, you can solo 1v5.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 325
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Freya? Crits? Deathbringer?

I play Hel with Book of Thoth because she is sooooo hungry. If you have physical opponents you could get the Breastplate for CD and more mana witch synergies with the passive of Book of Thoth. This is when you play aggressive and feel confident with her.

Otherwise get Sash witch gives you more survive ability cause of more health. Then you can get Chronos Pendant and if needed that new heal item....don't know it's name right now