Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Supports are under appreciated.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead boundedcrib's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfortress View Post
    I love getting her up to this point. It's fun to watch a foolish Loki or Nhe Za ult her..then when they are done its like..you can metaphorically turn to them and say..are you done now? And slam their teeth in as they barely scratch you much.
    Yeah XD that moment is the best! At the end of the game when my two teammates had to return to base I just hung out and trolled the enemy team as they tried in avail to kill me. lol
    I don't have a cool signature.

New Member Cupidhead Dabluechimp's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I often get yelled at (by my adc)(only in randoms) for all my deaths, even tho they have no or few deaths cause I body block all the stuff
    I will literly run in and stop the opponents from moving by hugging their faces

Junior Member Cupidhead JagaZFox's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    It's the way it is. People just expect the support to do his job and only notice it when he performs badly. Now imagine a support complaining that nobody takes advantage of his setups because the adc is sleeping on the job.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Again one of those whiny posts of respect supports. I want to see a post of RESPECT SOLO LANERS. We are the second frontline, we control half of the map, we shut down and contain a threat for the team, yet no one say. GG 'solo laner' without you shutting down hercules/he bo/osiris we would have been fucked mid-game.

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Good players respect support. On curse I'm constantly getting thanked for peels, engages, and overall support. Granted, it varies fr game to game but the higher I seem to climb, the more its appreciated.

Also, support is significantly less passive now. For some it's more fun for others it's less. But support honestly makes or breaks games now since snowballing is so hard currently. Being aggressive and denying farm helps.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    Again one of those whiny posts of respect supports. I want to see a post of RESPECT SOLO LANERS. We are the second frontline, we control half of the map, we shut down and contain a threat for the team, yet no one say. GG 'solo laner' without you shutting down hercules/he bo/osiris we would have been fucked mid-game.
    Well nothing was stopping you for making a respect solo laners thread... And yeah I really do respect the solo laners a lot. But at least solo laners still get kills and gets some glory.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    I always see those "Thank your support" posts even on 9gag. I think we need some buttons to show our appreciation to other players, because for now we can only block or report them. And I'm not gonna befriend some random, only because he was good. I'm not a big LoL player, but I think I saw there badges like "good teammate", "friendly" or something like that. Maybe that would improve the community. But in other hand LoL players would say Smite is copying their game :P
    You're the cat's pajamas

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    As an ex support main, I effing love you guys. Most players don't see what you do based off stats, but support role (imo) is the hardest role to play. Keep on supporting!
    Super SMITE Brothers: Melee!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CaptBeers's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabluechimp View Post
    I often get yelled at (by my adc)(only in randoms) for all my deaths, even tho they have no or few deaths cause I body block all the stuff
    I will literly run in and stop the opponents from moving by hugging their faces
    I personally look at a supports numbers backwards, A/D/K. If your support goes 2/8/17 they were doing exactly what they were supposed to do. I mean it's great if they get more kills but they should be setting up kills to help feed their ADC or set up ganks to feed the jungler.

Achievements:
    Today I had an awesome Ymir support in Joust (I really enjoy joust because it's action packed, fast, and shorter than conquest but requires more thought than Arena.) I didn't do terrible as He Bo but if it wasn't for Ymir we would have lost. Ymir set up SO many kills. He'd blink in, freeze an unlucky person, then I would come over and CC the victim with my 3. While this is going on Arachne is murdering our poor victim. Playing as a support has made me a appreciate them more when they make great plays. I can see when things would have gone differently without Ymir. Even though Arachne got most of the kills (and I'd still say you rock to her) I always felt I should congratulate Ymir because he set Arachne up so hard it was awesome.