Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Don't match me with this player again option

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CaptBeers's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    I think this would work better as an option for reporting a player rather than an outright ban.Adding an "Uncooperative player" report option would probably do mroe to weed out trolls than just being able to block people at will.

New Member Cupidhead RubberDuckie420's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Most Veteran players DO NOT educate people. yes there are the few that help, but most people just say some ignorant comment and then call them noobs.
    I have asked this question before and it's always mixed with people that want to block players and people who don't. I would love it if you could block players from being matched with you,but i can also see how it could be abused. I just hope that eventually they find some way to implement it without it being a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBeers View Post
    I think this would work better as an option for reporting a player rather than an outright ban.Adding an "Uncooperative player" report option would probably do mroe to weed out trolls than just being able to block people at will.
    Does reporting even do anything ???

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie420 View Post
    Most Veteran players DO NOT educate people. yes there are the few that help, but most people just say some ignorant comment and then call them noobs.
    I have asked this question before and it's always mixed with people that want to block players and people who don't. I would love it if you could block players from being matched with you,but i can also see how it could be abused. I just hope that eventually they find some way to implement it without it being a problem.
    Honestly, even though the veteran players don't educate, the people who they don't educate wouldn't listen anyways.

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flareb00t View Post
    Honestly, even though the veteran players don't educate, the people who they don't educate wouldn't listen anyways.
    That logic make absolutely no sense at all. you can't say that they wouldn't listen when you don't even try

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    That logic make absolutely no sense at all.
    Naw, it actually makes sense. I can imagine that the 'let me play how and whatever I want' responses are common. Hell, I wanna' get better, but even I tell that to close buddies of mine on bad days, just to realize later that they were giving the right hints.

But what can one do? A few one liner advice will not be enough. Getting a stranger to watch a few hours of gameplay videos sounds like an achievement in itself. I'm not sure how much that helps. It didn't do much good in my case for example.

It took me 20 levels until I got a team with some experience and voice coordination. They were kind enough to tell me what are they expecting from me, how should I do it, what will they do and how could I done better. It took me a few games with them until I got their point. I still admire their patience. I wouldn't expect such from strangers in a video-game.

Thus the best advice I can give to someone that plays even worse than me is to go find a clan that can tolerate you.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CaptBeers's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Does reporting even do anything ???
    I hope so lol.

Could be the reasons we have don't always fit. Intentional Feeding and Harassment don't always fit the description. Anyone reviewing those reports will look at the match details and if the guy didn't die 12-15 times or have any hateful messages they aren't going to dig into the match any further. Just my guess anyway, I'm sure they get tons of reports so they can't deeply investigate all of them.

If a player receives X number of Uncooperative Player flags they can receive a warning if they keep receiving them then maybe they can take action on the player.

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyG View Post
    It wont happen.

People would start using it to block people they lose games with and in the end with so many people doing it matchmaking would get really messed up/difficult.
    This is 100% why this will never be added to the game. Remember that 1 person can also not be included with the 4 other people that are being placed on your team. Add 20-30-40 people to that list and you will literally be sitting in queue for hours while making it worse for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Evanitis View Post
    Naw, it actually makes sense. I can imagine that the 'let me play how and whatever I want' responses are common. Hell, I wanna' get better, but even I tell that to close buddies of mine on bad days, just to realize later that they were giving the right hints.

But what can one do? A few one liner advice will not be enough. Getting a stranger to watch a few hours of gameplay videos sounds like an achievement in itself. I'm not sure how much that helps. It didn't do much good in my case for example.

It took me 20 levels until I got a team with some experience and voice coordination. They were kind enough to tell me what are they expecting from me, how should I do it, what will they do and how could I done better. It took me a few games with them until I got their point. I still admire their patience. I wouldn't expect such from strangers in a video-game.

Thus the best advice I can give to someone that plays even worse than me is to go find a clan that can tolerate you.
    Well my experience is different. I am in games everyday where players will ask for help because they are new or don't know how to build only for someone to respond with " Your a fking noob go uninstall" or some other ignorant comment.
    yes there are the " let me play how i want" people, but that doesn't mean be a dick to the people who do want help.
    Last edited by RubberDuckie420; 02-24-2015 at 03:59 PM.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think it's a great idea if taken 1 step further. Base the matchmaking algorithm off of the amount of blocks a player gets in a certain time period. That way, bad players would just get pinned with bad players and good/better players would get more appropriate matchmaking too. This might seem logically ineffective but it can be quite the opposite. In fact I think the logic is flawed behind the algorithm of putting veterans/good players with bad players so they can learn, since this system barely works IRL education system too, since it is rare to find veterans willing to help as the example above from @Evanitis.

Players who play for the lolz and don't want to listen/communicate will remain behind, while players who want to learn and get motivated will start carrying games against weak/bad people, get a boost in confidence and motivation, and will rise up from the hole they got in, learn from their mistakes, gain experience and climb up into better matchmaking. As time passes and that person has less blocks per time period, his matchmaking will improve. It would kinda of be like an Elo for better matchmaking in Normals I suppose. To add on, the better a person thinks they are getting, the more time they will invest in Smite and possibly start throwing money at it, rather than matching really bad people with good, frustrating the players more likely to invest (me being one of them).

PS: I don't think the Report system does anything. I think it's a completely automated system as I can't see anyone hiring a person to specifically go through reports and make decisions. Perhaps at a certain number of Reports some form of human intervention happens, but I doubt that too, as I think it would be easier to have something like 'If(reports >= 20){ban()};'. The only noticeable thing that happens from reports is that your "Goodwill" goes down. That is all. Hardly a punishment to go learn to play better.
    Last edited by IFlip92; 02-24-2015 at 04:54 PM.