Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bluestone Pendant... For Mages?

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    I can explain why magical classes are inherently underpowered in Smite if you’d like, but that feels like a tangent. The only reason to give physical classes a boost and not give magical classes a boost is if magical classes are overpowered and physical classes need a buff to be on their level. Is that your position and, if not, what justifies buffing physical gods and not buffing mages with an equivocal item?

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    I can explain why magical classes are inherently underpowered in Smite if you’d like, but that feels like a tangent. The only reason to give physical classes a boost and not give magical classes a boost is if magical classes are overpowered and physical classes need a buff to be on their level. Is that your position and, if not, what justifies buffing physical gods and not buffing mages with an equivocal item?
    Magicals are the gods who generally have the higher burst damage, and who are harder to counter. They also consist of Guardians, a class who is so innately tanky that I can build full damage Bacchus and still be second only to the support in tankyness, and mages, who can have just as much CC as guardians but a higher damage potential.
    Mages are also the gods that are the easiest to dominate with, considering their penchant for a whopping 3 damage skills (ult included) while some gods only have 2. Their flexibility in this game, their possible item builds, and their generally stronger passives make them extremely strong in the lategame, and while hunters can 4shot you, or assassins can 3shot you, mages can practically oneshot you if built properly. THATS why they don't need their early game buffed.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    So, in order to be perfectly clear, you consider mages to have been overpowered prior to the addition of Bluestone Pendant?

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    So, in order to be perfectly clear, you consider mages to be overpowered prior to the addition of Bluestone Pendant?
    No.
    You have to think, I'm one of the few people who build Thanatos AA.
    If I ult a squishy mage, 100% health or not, that mage is dead.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    So if they weren’t overpowered to begin with and everyone else got a buff, shouldn’t they also get a buff? Like I said, Anubis isn’t a good example of a character that will be “overpowered” with Bluestone, so who would be?

Achievements:
    So if they weren’t overpowered to begin with and everyone else got a buff, shouldn’t they also get a buff? Like I said, Anubis isn’t a good example of a character that will be “overpowered” with Bluestone, so who would be?
    Just because one god gets a buff doesnt mean all should.
    Bacchus would be overpowered with BSP
    HeBo would be OP with BSP.
    All mages with mana constraints would be OP with BSP.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Why isn't there a Bluestone Pendant for mages? It enhanced the viability of so many low tier physical gods, why shouldn't mana hungry magical gods (like Bacchus or He Bo) have the same option to mitigate their mana restrictions?
    Book of thoth is your best friend.

Achievements:
    BoT isn't a starter item, so you still end up with a lousy laning phase, destroying any potential for Bacchus, He Bo, Cabrakan and other mana hungry gods to be viable. If no one else is disturbed by Mr. T's conviction that these gods would be overpowered with Bluestone, clearly I've got a very different perception of the game from the community.

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    now imagine hel with this, go on just wait a second, yes yes now you're getting it!

hel would lose her mana problems and be able to heal and sustain in lane forever! now let's think of chang'e, ra, Aphrodite.

it would be fun for mana hungry gods yeah but healers would kinda abuse the crap out of this one, especially aphro who gives her mana regen to whoever she's with

Achievements:
    Hel already has good sustain due to her light stance, Ra already has very low mana costs, Chang'e can already sustain in lane forever and Aphrodite (in the solo lane) doesn't have anyone to link up with until she's already got better mana regen items online. If it makes Aphrodite support or mid more viable, then that's awesome and something I certainly wouldn't mind encouraging.
    Characters with good sustain don't buy sustain items, because their kit already provides it to them. Ra still has low damage outside of his ultimate (which is hard to confirm), Hel still can’t confirm her damage due to a lack of cc, Chang’e still has extremely poor burst, healing and crowd control and Aphrodite still only heals one person and takes half her kit to do so, as well as lacking the burst you’d expect off a mage. BSP wouldn’t impact their strengths and weaknesses in any way, while only marginally improving the laning phase of Aphrodite outside of the solo lane (where she's already got blue buff).