Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluestone Pendant... For Mages?

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points

Bluestone Pendant... For Mages?

Why isn't there a Bluestone Pendant for mages? It enhanced the viability of so many low tier physical gods, why shouldn't mana hungry magical gods (like Bacchus or He Bo) have the same option to mitigate their mana restrictions?

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    because that would be extremely over powered lmao.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    More so than Bluestone Pendant you mean? I don't follow, why is early reliable mana regeneration more overpowered on magical classes than on physical classes?

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    More so than Bluestone Pendant you mean? I don't follow, why is early reliable mana regeneration more overpowered on magical classes than on physical classes?
    Mages already have a lot of mana compared to physical, and less mana consumption.
    If there was a magical BSP, then Anubis could build Bancroft's and stay in mid lane for the rest of the game.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    If they already typically have less mana issues, then wouldn't a mage bsp be inherently less powerful and only serve to boost struggling gods like those mentioned in the op? The problem with trying to sustain infinitely is that you get very little for your efforts; you’re bound to end up almost dead every once in a while and be forced home anyways and, even if you’re not, your build becomes outdated and you’re forced back to update it, making mana regen on characters that already have excellent mana sustain rather mediocre.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    If they already typically have less mana issues, then wouldn't a mage bsp be inherently less powerful and only serve to boost struggling gods like those mentioned in the op? The problem with trying to sustain infinitely is that you get very little for your efforts; you’re bound to end up almost dead every once in a while and be forced home anyways and, even if you’re not, your build becomes outdated and you’re forced back to update it, making mana regen on characters that already have excellent mana sustain rather mediocre.
    It would remove their mana limitations.
    The only reason Bacchus is now a crappy support (but not a god in general) is his mana issues, because even if he does end up with a mana-less ADC, he can't take the blue buff because there is no blue buff.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Achievements:
    His early game isn’t great, even with full mana, because he's not that tanky yet and his abilities still take a while to get off (being made up for later game by their large AoEs and utility, giving him phenomenal team fight presence). Obviously he’s awful now, because on top of having a weak early game, he also is terribly mana hungry.
    You likely wouldn’t see bsp on mana-efficient mages any more than you do on mana-efficient physicals. The reasons are the same and there’s nothing special about mages that forces them to have full mana at all times if they’re just as efficient as a physical counterpart.

Achievements:
    Magicals don't have the same rate of mana consumption as physicals. BSP Is only meant for ADCs or soloers, very rarely should a jungler pick it up.
    End of story.

Achievements:
    What does that have to do with anything? The point is, if you don't have mana problems, you won't pick bsp up because it doesn't solve a problem you have. If you do have significant mana problems, you are not currently viable and could use the boost, just like physical gods with mana problems needed the boost. Given that mages are, as a whole, rather underpowered in Smite, it doesn't make sense to buff physicals with the same problem, but not buff mages unless you can demonstrate that it will cause problems with specific gods using it.
    Your example so far has been Anubis, who has no problems at this time with lane sustain, meaning your sole example is using a god that likely won’t even use it, let alone be even remotely unfair with it.

Achievements:
    Mages... Underpowered...
    Yeah, this conversation has gone on too long.