Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What would make the diamond skins more appealing?

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFast View Post
    Wot, I was saying they looked like blocks of diamond. The best diamonds by far are: Isis, Chronos, and Thanatos.

Edit: Janus is probably one of the better diamonds, aswell.
    Because gods like Chronos, Thanatos and Janus have metal as skin so it transitions well into diamond. I also like diamond Nox, cause she's mostly covered by that smooth dark texture and has glowy dots on her dress. But the rest looks rather weird, I think the gold skin looks much better than diamond. Gold is smooth, adds better shading, makes the gods look "perfect" (especially NuWa's underboob xd), Diamond looks like broken glass and you can barelly see god's face under this texture.
    You're the cat's pajamas

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramey View Post
    Because gods like Chronos, Thanatos and Janus have metal as skin so it transitions well into diamond. I also like diamond Nox, cause she's mostly covered by that smooth dark texture and has glowy dots on her dress. But the rest looks rather weird, I think the gold skin looks much better than diamond. Gold is smooth, adds better shading, makes the gods look "perfect" (especially NuWa's underboob xd), Diamond looks like broken glass and you can barelly see god's face under this texture.
    Yeah, maybe it's just the texture in general, because personally I'm going to buy only legendary skins and not diamond ones, unless it's for Nox, diamond looks gorgeous on her, but gold is just so smooth and rich and the black along with it suits nicely.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Astraous's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Yeah I would really like the blue to be replaced with black :x. The blue is ugly on a lot of gods.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Unless I decide to get Nox to mastery rank 10 (unlikely)... I'm probably not going to bother with diamond, legendary, or even gold skins for any god, and that's assuming Nox doesn't get a better looking skin before then.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Corrade's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Maybe instead of texturing the entire model with the specified material, only sections of it were to be covered? For example, perhaps replacing the blue/black colours with the gem material and changing the rest to the default skin would work. Or just applying the texture with a level of transparency so that the God's actual features would still be distinct.

Though, I agree that the mastery skins (not just diamond I find) look mostly distasteful.

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    Being made out of diamond doesnt suit every god.
    In my opinion, it would be better if armour, weapons and abilities had a diamond texture rather then the gods themselves.
    Some skins are just...ugh.

But you know...taking each skin individually and improving it would take too much time and effort and since you can buy them with favor they're not really worth the effort. So I wouldn't expect any changes on them.

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrade View Post
    Maybe instead of texturing the entire model with the specified material, only sections of it were to be covered? For example, perhaps replacing the blue/black colours with the gem material and changing the rest to the default skin would work. Or just applying the texture with a level of transparency so that the God's actual features would still be distinct.

Though, I agree that the mastery skins (not just diamond I find) look mostly distasteful.
    Even the gold with black? That looks really nice on a lot of characters, especially Isis, who does look great in diamond as well.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Corrade's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSolanaceae View Post
    Even the gold with black? That looks really nice on a lot of characters, especially Isis, who does look great in diamond as well.
    Yes, in some cases it looks fine but in general it'll have to be a no from me.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guide
    I'd use them if the clothing was what was gold and diamond, rather than their skin.
    You're the cat's pajamas~
    ▶That's no way to talk to a hero◀
    What is broken can be reforged

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...

Junior Member Cupidhead x3khaleesi's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't think the diamond skins look 'cheap' ... but I would more than LOVE it if they replaced the blue with black. I have said this since I started the game xD It would look so much better. Diamond with the black would make for a better contrast.