Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Smite is a joke now and would no longer recommend it to my friends.

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Someone was mad and actually has very little idea of how Smite works or goes, how much skill and knowledge is involved in every little detail and tense moment.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Senior Member Honoured Mindblower77's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    YIKES another rage quitting thread.... I should make a drinking game for these stupid posts
    He literally just made a forum account to whine about smite copying lol,and btw lol is a dota clone so your argument is invalid
    Still waiting for Xbalanque's Bro Hunahpu to Be Added

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 7 days registered
    Son, do you even Rift?

Also I wouldn't consider the prevalence of skillshots to automatically make the game a high skill game. Look at how few skillshots DOTA 2 has, and DOTA 2 is widely considered harder to play than LoL which until Smite was released, was considered to have way too freaking many skillshots.
    I'd argue that skillshots can go both ways. Having more skillshots in a game means your opponent is more likely to screw up, giving you more opportunities to exploit openings or escape. In this sense the game is easier. IMO DotA2 is not hard because of its mechanics like denying and turning speed of heroes, but simply because there's less room for errors.
    Last edited by SethCypher; 02-23-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
    Son, do you even Rift?

I'd argue that skillshots can go both ways. Having more skillshots in a game means your opponent is more likely to screw up, giving you more opportunities to exploit openings or escape. In this sense the game is easier. IMO DotA2 is not hard because of its mechanics like denying and turning speed of heroes, but simply because there's less room for errors.
    Personally I'd rank Smite as being one of the easier MOBA's despite the skillshot focus. Of the MOBA's I actually got into, only Strife is significantly easier, and that's because the game was literally made for casual players. LoL is about the same as Smite but I'd argue LoL is slightly harder due to Smite's simplified item system making it far easier to learn builds, as well as LoL's character gameplay variety giving you some odd mechanic characters like Azir and Riven who have much stricter timing requirements than any Smite character. LoL also has a much more unforgiving jungle position... Which I'm not fond of.

The most difficult MOBA I've played is SMNC, which is currently deader than disco. You know your game has a ridiculous skill floor when a team of average players can run into a player who can literally 1 v 5 the whole team as a character whose name is literally "Support". Might have led to the game's downfall as there was simply no way to make a proper matchmaking system when there is THAT much variation in skill level. The bad community was probably a bigger factor.

I'd argue that DOTA 2 is a whole league of difficulty above both LoL and Smite... Which kind of turned me off from the game. It's unforgiving as hell, and very easy to screw your team over by making even minor mistakes. That's not even getting into the fact that this is the game with characters such as Meepo.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

New Member Cupidhead Outer Coolb0ys2's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Nah smite doesn't take skill you just run around press RT and press A,B,Y,and X. Fighting games like street fighter and the old call of duty games take skills tbh

Senior Member Prestigious Charmander787's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Coolb0ys2 View Post
    Nah smite doesn't take skill you just run around press RT and press A,B,Y,and X. Fighting games like street fighter and the old call of duty games take skills tbh
    ha amen my brutha!

Why do you need 60 FPS? The human eye can only see 64 megabytes of RAM.

New Member Cupidhead Outer Coolb0ys2's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    I'm really good at smite so before you say oh you're a rager too, no it's just way to easy that my 5 year old baby brother plays it and we'll too.

In Hel, where I want, right next to Her <3 (but really, I live in Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Coolb0ys2 View Post
    Fuck off for necroing this thread.

Like, what the fuck is this shit, more than 1 years old thread revived just because...?

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Closing due to necro
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*