Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Aphro support not as good now?

New Member Cupidhead evergreen183's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Is Aphro support not as good now?

I've been hearing that with the recent changes that support took a beating recently. Still kinda unclear on how, but for the last couple of matches I've noticed that the person that goes to support fall down on levels late game. I used to play aphro every now and then, so I decided to try again. During the match I was a good amount behind in levels late and just kept getting melted. And as aphro isn't a guardian if she was behind in levels and gets focused, she goes down fairly quickly. So I'm wondering. Is it a good idea to go support aphro, or should she stick to solo lane.

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Supports are usually between 2-4 levels below mid because they lose time moving rotating in the jungle and leave the last hits for their adcs. So being on lower level than the enemy is not uncommon, as is having less gold, but try to keep up at least with the enemy supp. As for Aphro, she isn't usually picked as a support god because her early game is very weak and can't really help the adc; instead, she is usually played as a solo character, that way she can feed herself quicker and become a strong support for the whole team when the teamfight part comes.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by evergreen183 View Post
    I've been hearing that with the recent changes that support took a beating recently. Still kinda unclear on how, but for the last couple of matches I've noticed that the person that goes to support fall down on levels late game. I used to play aphro every now and then, so I decided to try again. During the match I was a good amount behind in levels late and just kept getting melted. And as aphro isn't a guardian if she was behind in levels and gets focused, she goes down fairly quickly. So I'm wondering. Is it a good idea to go support aphro, or should she stick to solo lane.
    IMHO, Aphro and other support mages don't have the natural tankiness that the other support will have, which means the support mage can't go in, CC, soak up damage, and get out, where a normal support could. I'm not saying it can't or doesn't work, but you'll need tankiness somewhere else in your team.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    -Harlan Ellison
    Ne Zha Skins:
    SMITE Burger
    Cabin Boy (Image)
    Hockey (Image)

Delete Acid Spray

Junior Member Cupidhead Yarzahn's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    As for Aphro, she isn't usually picked as a support god because her early game is very weak and can't really help the adc; instead, she is usually played as a solo character, that way she can feed herself quicker and become a strong support for the whole team
    This sums it up. Aphro is really bad earl game when she has major mana issues especially as support, where she cant advantage of vampiric shroud or blue buff. Lategame, though, she's the best support you could want, with a stun, a dispel+immunity, a knockback and an indirect steroid to your carry.
    Aphro is a really bad supporter. Like most other healers (ra, hel, even chang'e)
    As for the whole experience/ falling behind issue: It happens every time. The only time it doesnt happen if if your lane is winning hard and you hardly return or leave (infinite farming/ killing).
    Last edited by Yarzahn; 02-22-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    With Lotus Crown Aphrodite is in the best spot in the support role she's ever been, slightly above the worst support Guardians and Warriors.

Don't run Mage supports.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Aphro support is a lot better now thanks to Lotus Crown and the indirect nerfs to other supports. Might actually be viable in some instances... Probably better than assassin supports at the moment. But not as good as some of the better warrior or guardian supports.

Also, you might win your lane... But your team is still short a tank in teamfights unless you got a tank elsewhere. So, there's that.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    i'd still rather go Fenrir than Aphrodite as support, not building magical power on a healer mage with 90% scaling on her heal just doesn't make sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I think the main problem with aphro support now is the duo lane is to much damage, and theres no more blue, so she cant heal as much. as others said probably best to stick with a guardian/warrior/ fenrir
    My ign is Airth and I am in a free to join clan called LuxofWar, feel free to join if ya want.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    supports are always behind for a couple reasons

1) They don't stay in lane and farm. If they do, then it's detrimental to your ADC

2) they try not to take kills, in order to feed the ADC. Sometimes a strategy will call to feed the support, but it's rare to see.

3) Most supports don't build damage, they build tank. So it's fine if they're below a few levels. The idea is disruption when you're a support, not killing.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    While she is a fun character to play, and very well done; there is just no real place easily in the current meta of Conquest for mage support.