Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Kali even good as an assassin?

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter

Is Kali even good as an assassin?

I've been playing her and notice I do very little damage, rely entirely on someone else being there because I can't ever kill someone alone unless they're stupid and try to 1v1 me in melee range while they're squishy, and also my ganks really rely on me being able to hit 3 because I just can't do crazy damage like Serqet and pick people off without relying on someone else being there to lock the person down or secure the kill.

I mean am I just playing her wrong or what? Because I don't really see why I would want to pick her over someone else, unless of course, I have god-like communication with my team and we're a pre-made, that I could see wanting to pick her, but that seems like a bit much to actually want to use a certain god.

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Have you tried building Qin's Sais?

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRaven View Post
    Have you tried building Qin's Sais?
    No, I always felt the item was way too expensive so I just looked for something cheaper, but is it actually good on her and makes a difference or what?

Achievements:
    Building Qin's Sais as your second item on Kali nearly doubles her damage output, it's a fantastic item on a god with such a fast swing chain.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    With Qin Sais and her ultimate online, she can solo a full enemy team, even in high level play, provided she focuses her target. Her early game is pretty mediocre and you want to spend it farming as efficiently and safely as possible to get to that monstrous late game, but Kali defines hyper carry in Smite.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Just play kali in solo. He is safe, have mage-level clear and not many bad match-ups. And her poke is also great. And she also can deal a lot of dmg early game stun->blades->autos remove 200-250 HP of a life bar

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time. Qin's is a core item on Kali due to her attack speed and progression. Keep in mind though she is, unfortunately, weak early to mid game and really comes online later. Once she gets her items though she is extremely deadly compared to most assassins.
    Super SMITE Brothers: Melee!

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Kali is a Late Game Hyper Carry and VERY team reliant until she is about level 9-12 when you have Qin's online.

She doesn't snowball as much as she used to in S1, but she is still a machine come mid-late game, or if fed.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead recentteen14's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Qins Sais are an ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT for Kali! If you aren't building them then you're gimping yourself. The problem is, with the recent nerfs, not only are they hard to get, they're almost starting to become not worth it. Hirez, as good as Qins are, there are very few gods that consistently build them, and by nerfing them like this Kali has become less usable and almost not worth picking anymore. Qins needs a rebuff or a price decrease to mirror the nerf, because that 10% attack speed and that 1% damage HURT Kali a lot more then you may realize- coming from a Kali main. Don't get me wrong- if you get her to lategame and manage to farm up, she can still be a hypercarry, but with the nerfs on Qins it's getting to be nigh impossible to do that unless you're already ahead.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.
    Aw, shucks. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.