Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Tribes & Global Agenda

  1. #1
    Member Follower Godkillersatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Man Cave
    Posts
    135
    5
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0

    Tribes & Global Agenda

    To start off i'm a huge fan of both and what i have been reading so far is that the dev's of hirez abandoned them... is this really true? I started playing both and got into them quite fast even willing to put money into but then i find out that there's 0 updates for it and it's really make me sick to my stomach..

  2. #2
    Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,815
    22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Rep Power
    19
    I wouldn't say Hirez completely abandoned them, since they still pay for the servers. I would say they just stopped updating them after they realized how much money they were losing. GA2 is just over the horizon though, hoping to hear some new news soon. You can check this thread out for some spoils
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

    Goodbye Smite forums <3

  3. #3
    Member Follower Godkillersatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Man Cave
    Posts
    135
    5
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    I wouldn't say Hirez completely abandoned them, since they still pay for the servers. I would say they just stopped updating them after they realized how much money they were losing. GA2 is just over the horizon though, hoping to hear some new news soon. You can check this thread out for some spoils
    Amazing.. Thanks for the information.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    I wouldn't say Hirez completely abandoned them, since they still pay for the servers. I would say they just stopped updating them after they realized how much money they were losing. GA2 is just over the horizon though, hoping to hear some new news soon. You can check this thread out for some spoils
    The lack of updates IS abandonment.

    God damn, I loved Tribes so much. I got so good at it. After an unjust ban and the lack of updates, it just got bad.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,815
    22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    The lack of updates IS abandonment.

    God damn, I loved Tribes so much. I got so good at it. After an unjust ban and the lack of updates, it just got bad.
    I have no comment on what they did to tribes. Mainly because they went back on a lot of things they said, which is just bad business.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

    Goodbye Smite forums <3

  6. #6
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    I have no comment on what they did to tribes. Mainly because they went back on a lot of things they said, which is just bad business.
    I don't know how GA did, I heard it just died out. I played it in early stages but went to Eden Eternal.

    Tribes, however, was killed because of HiRez ignoring it. There was a 6 month period between the GOTY release (also the final patch) and HiRez announcing they wouldn't update Tribes. That's just a bad move.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  7. #7
    Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,979
    28
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Rep Power
    50
    they took an open source game and made it closed source. nuff said.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

  8. #8
    Member Follower Godkillersatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Man Cave
    Posts
    135
    5
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    I don't know how GA did, I heard it just died out. I played it in early stages but went to Eden Eternal.

    Tribes, however, was killed because of HiRez ignoring it. There was a 6 month period between the GOTY release (also the final patch) and HiRez announcing they wouldn't update Tribes. That's just a bad move.
    It's indeed a shame because i really enjoyed Tribe...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,815
    22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    I don't know how GA did, I heard it just died out. I played it in early stages but went to Eden Eternal.
    Yea, GA pretty much just died out. A group of us still log in every Saturday to do challenge matches (started up when Erez started spoiling info). Now everyone is just waiting for some GAss news.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

    Goodbye Smite forums <3

  10. #10
    Member Follower Godkillersatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Man Cave
    Posts
    135
    5
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    Yea, GA pretty much just died out. A group of us still log in every Saturday to do challenge matches (started up when Erez started spoiling info). Now everyone is just waiting for some GAss news.
    Well.. hopefully some info comes in? : /

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •