Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Smite Elo Stats

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Smite Elo Stats

-Sorry if in the wrong section (please move to correct if needed)
    -Sorry if this was posted already

So since I started playing smite again everyone is hyped about this ELO thing, which overall shows your skill or how good you are
    in ranked matches.

Why is it that I lose 20+ elo when lose a game and get +10 when i win ?
    how am i ment to get my elo up so people stop calling me a noob or think of me as a burden to the team.
    I find it unfair that people just qualifying get to play 10 matches which they might do VERY bad in but get carried by the other 4 players and get their elo higher and advance to gold or plat withing 10 games.

If ELO is official, then please re think on how it should be calculated.
    If i play a game and do 30/0 but the other 4 players do 0/30 why should my elo go down ?

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    depends on who you're facing. If the overall elo of the enemy is way lower than your teams, you lose a crapton of elo. If you're way higher than them, the reward isn't that great either.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

German Forum Moderator Worshipper Haze's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmaPL View Post
    If i play a game and do 30/0 but the other 4 players do 0/30 why should my elo go down ?
    It's a team game. You win as a team, or lose as a team.

Just think about all the people who main support; their elo won't rise with your idea.
    [ACID] Haze
    Clanleader: Trainwreck
    My plays.tv - Profile (replays)

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teonanacatl View Post
    It's a team game. You win as a team, or lose as a team.

Just think about all the people who main support; their elo won't rise with your idea.
    I agree but if i get a bad team why should my stats suffer for it as well. Isnt it ment to be rated on the player skill not team skill

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmaPL View Post
    I agree but if i get a bad team why should my stats suffer for it as well. Isnt it ment to be rated on the player skill not team skill
    It is, but HiRez shorthanded Elo so that it's based off wins and losses only.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Achievements:
    also another thing i want to point out is that the qualifying matches are unfair, last season i did pretty bad in my league conquest ended up with 800 or so elo. now thats fine but why does a new qualifier qet 1,5k elo and gets promoted to platinum if they will all games, so i have to go throuth all the ladder to get to master but they take a short cut.

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You dont have to win all games.
    I won 6 out auf 10 games and got promoted directly to Platinum 4.
    [ACID] Haze

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    You dont have to win all games.
    I won 6 out auf 10 games and got promoted directly to Platinum 4.
    Because you won the first game in qualification , the first game is the most important
    I lost my first game in joust league but won 7/10 games total , they put me into bronze 2

Achievements:
    Yep. Thats exactly how i feel. Got a 4-0 win streak the first matches - >2k Elo.

The first games matter the most.

And yes, just wanted to make clear you don't have to win all games to get placed in to Platinum.
    [ACID] Haze

Achievements:
    Yep. Thats exactly how i feel. Got a 4-0 win streak the first matches - >2k Elo.

The first games matter the most.

And yes, just wanted to make clear you don't have to win all games to get placed in to Platinum.
    okay i was just giving an example, but still its not fair that if someone new wins that 1st game they get promoted higher than me even tho they are bad. now im not sayin i should be in master i want to earn my way up there, but i just find it so unfair that new players get promoted to gold/plat straight away. maybe im a little buthurt but the system shouldnt work that way