Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why I think conquest is the worst gamemode! (why I think)

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFast View Post
    I cringe when I see people pick Ne Zha, a huge percent of the time they'll just ult and hope for luck to kick in. When you tell them to use the wraps first you get BM'd.
    people don't think about things lol they just want to do them XD
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    Nah smite is fun.

If games with leavers or x amount of reports (maybe someone fed or did something against his own team) would not count towards stats of the loser team, we could have nicer things.

Think for a second that you have a leaver in the team, but it wont go to your stats. Wouldn't people just have fun trying to win anyways??

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    Conquest, is simply the most popular, although it is sometimes, the worst, often though siege is REALLY bad for ragequiters.
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    To show how fun it is, I am going to play it right now

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    meh things happen and well you got move past them and accept them as they are. Things are going to happen. Is it okay for them to happen no but they happen its life so got learn put past you
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Even though I have no interest in conquest myself it does have some good points, the main one being the entire game is balanced around it.

I can understand why some would hate it if you play solo though, there's a massive amount of players that can't even seem to grasp the basics of arena which is arguably one of the simplest modes let alone conquest.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KFire View Post
    To show how fun it is, I am going to play it right now
    It was not that fun :/.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezereal View Post
    Conquest, is simply the most popular, although it is sometimes, the worst, often though siege is REALLY bad for ragequiters.
    Assault is actually the most popular if I recall correctly.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Junior Member Cupidhead ImNewAndISuck's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I guess I don't really have much of a voice since I'm new and am only level 13 but...

I am playing this game right now because of arena, I find it extremely fun.

The matchmaking is terrible and it's usually stomps either way (I'm at 57% win rate and when I go on streaks I tend to face ranked level 30s and lose).

As for conquest, after playing other mobas so much I can't be bothered to even try it. I think this game is doing it right by trying to break the moba norm of 3 lanes and a jungle. I tried to get some friends to join me in leveling up but they think it's just conquest and don't want to be bothered by another moba. I really really enjoy arena though, and I've heard that 50%+ of the overall games played in this game is arena, and I can see why, it would be nice if there was a ranked arena (if matchmaking was better).

Oh and assault, forgot about that, it's pretty fun too but from the 20 or so games that I've played it, healers seem to be absolutely insane and isn't as... tactical? as arena.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Here's my theory about it:
    The most fun things almost ALWAYS are silly things stuck into a serious situation. If it's a silly thing stuck in a silly situation, it isn't nearly as funny. So playing conquest, many people are going for the win and not for the fun, and therefore it creates a far more serious situation. Trying to stick something silly, like raging people or trolling, will be much more fun than in, for example siege.

Siege is very much a gamemode more likely played by people who want fun over winning. I have had many siege games where I lose but had tons of fun (i normally play Odin, his ult is so much fun, just trap people, jump out, and run). I don't care if I die and throw the game if I can have an absolutely priceless moment within that. It's much more silly and less serious- trying to troll people under those circumstances is not only more difficult but also much less satisfying, and therefore less common.