Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellona Feedback - 2/19

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Disarm is long because it's a very soft CC. It's basically a reverse silence. However characters can still use their escape and damage skills. Almost completely useless on most mages. 3 seconds is enough.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    So 14 sec ult with 55 sec cooldown without cd reduction (at max rank ofc). Pls no reduce the duration to 10s at least and increase the cooldown. Reduce the heal on her 3 (or keep the heal amount and make it every 5th basic attack). I like the disarm, as someone said already, it was needed. Also reduce the damage on her 2 (her damage reminds me more of assassins than warriors).

New Member Cupidhead Soldier1stclas's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    The damage on her 2 is fine, hitting only one god with it its not going to really burst anyone down but mages with a single god hit, and even then its only going to be late game. It doesn't reach far enough to clear wave safely and it the aoe swing never does enough damage to clear wave unless your grouping up the wave to double tap the dunk. Its also very slow so characters with hard cc can instantly stop her from the second attack

I think her passive needs a small nerf Maybe just the protections, I like the movement speed idea. Also her Ult is like the weakest part of her kit. its not like a big aoe damage and its only going to help a few of your teammates out with damage.

I think its really just her 3 that makes her completely uncounterable, The heal either needs reduced base or reduced by making it take take more hits to proc. Her 3 outclasses the 1 so hard that theres no reason to ever be in the 1 stance

I don't think there's anything wrong with the disarm. It makes her a good counterpick, Nerfing it makes it lose its impact. I think she needs VERY slight changes to her passive and the heal on her 3 anything major and because of her lack of hard CC she will drop from SS to B tier very easially

New Member Cupidhead SharkGnome's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Personally, I feel that Bellona is a step in the right direction for Smite. She has a very interesting/ unique kit, and I think disarms will add a lot to the game as it is applied to more gods. In regards to her balance, I feel that her passive is too strong, and that the best manner of adjustment would be to lessen the amount of protections and movement speed gained per stack, and maybe add more stacks as well so that it was a little more difficult to build up. Her 1 is extremely interesting and feels pretty balanced, as does her two. In regards to her 3, I feel that the most unbalanced portion of it is that the heal can proc off of basics on towers, as it can allow her to basically stand under a tower and maintain her health. Her ult is very good, as it is a strong form off CC, and its buffs are a nice ult mechanic. I feel that its cooldown should likely be lengthened however.

Overall, I feel people are complaining too much about her being op. In all honesty, I find her needing some minor adjustments, but overall her kit as a whole and her base stats being quite balanced, as well as most of her abilities. Yes, she is extremely strong against Auto Attack gods, but that is kind of the point of her. This being said, she can also be hard countered by mages and enemies with strong forms of CC. Scylla is the best example of this. I cannot wait to play her in every game mode once the client goes live. I already played her in custom conquest and jugnle practice, and so far she is one of my favorite gods as far as her playstyle. Super excited to see what Hi-Rez has in store in the next couple weeks.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I've tested Bellona's current state in the PTS quite a bit and I have to say, she is a very well done character overall in not only design, but mechanics as well. It's easy to see that a ton of work went into the making of her and the kit is excellently put together as well. You'd think making a character that has four different weapons and various mini buffs/debuffs in one kit would make to be very clunky and not enjoyable but Bellona from what I have tested is the exact opposite. Now to go onto my opinions on her balancing, as that part is a bit.... shaky.

Master of War (Passive): I am not a fan of this passive's balancing. This passive is basically a better Sobek passive that not only gives more, but also gives her an extra stat buff and lasts longer. Now while she is a Warrior and Sobek is a Guardian and they both have their different playstyles, I find this to be a miss-judgement by the balance teams part. The passive itself is a bit bloated as well; 25 Protections, 30% Movement Speed for 5 seconds is pretty strong, and thats only her passive.

Shield Bash: I find this move very strong. In its current state it is bugged as Bellona is receiving a stack of block from hitting minions when it is only supposed to work that way on gods. The Block that she has feels like a bit much; she becomes immune to a basic attack(s), reflects damage, and can recover her Block from just attacking. I find it a bit much for an extra passive on an already overall decent move.

Bludgeon: This move has its pros and cons however it feels too strong. To start off this move already has potent damage to not only gods, but as well as great waveclear not just from the damage, but her basic attacks as well. If used in a team fight and it manages to hit at least 3 gods on the first impact it will do massive damage on the second. The aoe arc of basic attacks doing full dmage is a bit much. This move just flat out does too much damage.

Scourge: Not to be frank, but this move is absolutely broken. Not only does this completely shutdown certain gods from just the disarm; but this move is just ridiculous. The attack chain of this move is absurd, the Disarm is absurd, how fast the move activates is a bit much, but thats not even the worst part of it. Her healing is completely overpowered from this ability and needs to be re-balanced before the next phase of her testing (which I would presume would be for the weekend). Her Disarm lasts too long and is currently buggy. Disarm from my testing counts as "Hard CC" as I have seen it activate Magi's Blessing and Spirit Robe however using Purification Beads to cleanse this effect sometimes will fail to work and you will not use basic attacks despite being cleansed of negative cc effects. Introducing new mechanics to the game is very exciting however this move is FAR too powerful.

Eagle's Rally: This is a fantastic move for a team based game, and even in a 1v1 situation this is a very powerful move. However while excellent, it has one flaw. i find it very strange that such a big ult focused on a team only provides Physical Power and provides no Magical Power. With that said, this move could be considered overpowered, but not as bad as Scourge. I will be quick with this one; It has too short of a cooldown for the impact this move can have on a fight or even taking objectives or structures, it should not lower its cooldown from leveling it for the same reason above, it should not last 14 seconds at Rank 5 for again the same reasons above. For such a powerful ult, it is up too much and lasts too long.

All in all, I am very pleased with Bellona. I was hoping for a true female warrior and I got it. In terms of balancing her kit is far too bloated for a single character to posses at once. Providing not only large single target damage, strong defensive spells, powerful cc abilities, a move that can fully sustain herself in any role, a large team fight ultimate with a high duration, Bellona is an extremely strong god that needs multiple balance adjustments to be considered balance. In her current state she is easily overpowered and considered broken by some.
    Last edited by Goobis; 02-19-2015 at 03:22 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead UmakiYuu's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    1st thing to write off:My grammar is bad.I am sorry about that(But you will mostly understand what i mean.Sooooo, whatever right?)

Now.I played bellona on all modes.AND I FELL IN LOVE :3

Her kit is nice and original!I love switching weapons.

Problem is her passive.I can clear lane rly good.I can dash out INSANE dmg and i will be tanky as hell.

Her passive is the main reason of this-Mix her passive + her 1st spell=Op warrior?

2nd spell seems to be good-Ppl bash about dmg being too big.I say its good(Its big.But not that big for rebalancing whole spell)

3rd spell is kinda abit op.Yes i get her kit is mainly AGAINTS punching gods(R.I.P loki XD )But the debuff is damn long(Even with beads its very hard to counter her)+ you can heal from ANYTHING(Instead of warrior.I see her as assasin ALOT MORE)I think you should remove healing when you hit towers.

4th spell:Now, i think this is decently balanced(You get stun which all b*tch about like a little kids.Its 1 second 1 SECOND.I guess she could have reduced remaining of flag and buffs of flag though)

But overall.Bellona fits jungle ALOT MORE than solo lane.Another nemesis fail incoming?
    Last edited by UmakiYuu; 02-19-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    I feel she should be built AA, due to her lack of scaling (quite like Thanatos, but everybody thinks building nothing but power is the way to go, then they complain when he falls off in lategame -.-) and high base damage.
    That being said, she does need a pretty big nerf. 3s Disarm is practically a 3s stun for most physicals, and Nox ain't got no damn 3s silence, and she's total crap. Bellona isn't.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Junior Member Cupidhead HuxenBolt's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

I'll say it once, shes broken.

Its hard to describe with words, but let me accidentally brake something then i can show you my opinion. Trust me they are both similar in many ways, more like just he broken part.

Junior Member Cupidhead UmakiYuu's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    I've tested Bellona's current state in the PTS quite a bit and I have to say, she is a very well done character overall in not only design, but mechanics as well. It's easy to see that a ton of work went into the making of her and the kit is excellently put together as well. You'd think making a character that has four different weapons and various mini buffs/debuffs in one kit would make to be very clunky and not enjoyable but Bellona from what I have tested is the exact opposite. Now to go onto my opinions on her balancing, as that part is a bit.... shaky.

Master of War (Passive): I am not a fan of this passive's balancing. This passive is basically a better Sobek passive that not only gives more, but also gives her an extra stat buff and lasts longer. Now while she is a Warrior and Sobek is a Guardian and they both have their different playstyles, I find this to be a miss-judgement by the balance teams part. The passive itself is a bit bloated as well; 25 Protections, 30% Movement Speed for 5 seconds is pretty strong, and thats only her passive.

Shield Bash: I find this move very strong. In its current state it is bugged as Bellona is receiving a stack of block from hitting minions when it is only supposed to work that way on gods. The Block that she has feels like a bit much; she becomes immune to a basic attack(s), reflects damage, and can recover her Block from just attacking. I find it a bit much for an extra passive on an already overall decent move.

Bludgeon: This move has its pros and cons however it feels too strong. To start off this move already has potent damage to not only gods, but as well as great waveclear not just from the damage, but her basic attacks as well. If used in a team fight and it manages to hit at least 3 gods on the first impact it will do massive damage on the second. The aoe arc of basic attacks doing full dmage is a bit much. This move just flat out does too much damage.

Scourge: Not to be frank, but this move is absolutely broken. Not only does this completely shutdown certain gods from just the disarm; but this move is just ridiculous. The attack chain of this move is absurd, the Disarm is absurd, how fast the move activates is a bit much, but thats not even the worst part of it. Her healing is completely overpowered from this ability and needs to be re-balanced before the next phase of her testing (which I would presume would be for the weekend). Her Disarm lasts too long and is currently buggy. Disarm from my testing counts as "Hard CC" as I have seen it activate Magi's Blessing and Spirit Robe however using Purification Beads to cleanse this effect sometimes will fail to work and you will not use basic attacks despite being cleansed of negative cc effects. Introducing new mechanics to the game is very exciting however this move is FAR too powerful.

Eagle's Rally: This is a fantastic move for a team based game, and even in a 1v1 situation this is a very powerful move. However while excellent, it has one flaw. i find it very strange that such a big ult focused on a team only provides Physical Power and provides no Magical Power. With that said, this move could be considered overpowered, but not as bad as Scourge. I will be quick with this one; It has too short of a cooldown for the impact this move can have on a fight or even taking objectives or structures, it should not lower its cooldown from leveling it for the same reason above, it should not last 14 seconds at Rank 5 for again the same reasons above. For such a powerful ult, it is up too much and lasts too long.

All in all, I am very pleased with Bellona. I was hoping for a true female warrior and I got it. In terms of balancing her kit is far too bloated for a single character to posses at once. Providing not only large single target damage, strong defensive spells, powerful cc abilities, a move that can fully sustain herself in any role, a large team fight ultimate with a high duration, Bellona is an extremely strong god that needs multiple balance adjustments to be considered balance. In her current state she is easily overpowered and considered broken by some.
    Master of War (Passive): Agree with that.

Shield Bash: Once again i agree with that.

Bludgeon: It will maybe need some reduced power.But i dont think its that op.

Scourge: Now u are wrong sir.This is SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT(She is supposed to be counter of punching gods.)
    Idk about beads.Gonna try it now.But magi blessing thing is real.While this move is op againts punching gods.ITS VERY WEAK AGAINTS MAGES(You stopped mage from punching.OMG TOTALY SCARY RIGHT? xD )But to be frank with healing.You should be able to heal only from gods and maybe creeps.But not towers -.- (I wonder who had idea to have healing from tower)And the healing its actually cca about same as herc using his 3rd ability(Bellona can heal abit more i guess?But i dont see it that problematic)

Eagle's Rally:I dont find the dmg rly that big.But i must agree with the rest of it.
    Last edited by UmakiYuu; 02-19-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UmakiYuu View Post
    Master of War (Passive): Agree with that.

Shield Bash: Once again i agree with that.

Bludgeon: It will maybe need some reduced power.But i dont think its that op.

Scourge: Now u are wrong sir.This is SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT(She is supposed to be counter of punching gods.)
    Idk about beads.Gonna try it now.But magi blessing thing is real.While this move is op againts punching gods.ITS VERY WEAK AGAINTS MAGES(You stopped mage from punching.OMG TOTALY SCARY RIGHT? xD )But to be frank with healing.You should be able to heal only from gods and maybe creeps.But not towers -.- (I wonder who had idea to have healing from tower)And the healing its actually cca about same as herc using his 3rd ability(Bellona can heal abit more i guess?But i dont see it that problematic)

Eagle's Rally:I dont find the dmg rly that big.But i must agree with the rest of it.
    Scourge is OP because, while it only does counter a few gods, that disarm lasts FOR 3 FUCKING SECONDS. Some steroids don't even last that long. And, it would be fine if it was, say, a 50% damage reduction. But when you literally cannot use basics (meaning bye bye FREYA, CHRONOS, AND AO KUANG [who are mages, you forget]) for 3s, assassins and hunters cannot heal, mages can no longer us Poly, Loki literally becomes useless, so does Bakasura, all assassins but Thanatos, Bastet, and NeZha, and all hunters except Neith. There is too much in this form of CC. Since it technically doesn't count as hard CC, magis cannot defend against it, meaning if she is paired with Ares, either your beads go to Ares or they go to Bellona. 3s Doesn't seem like much, but it is 1.5x longer than rank 3 aegis, and against hunters, assassins, chronos, ao, and Freya, it acts as an aegis (Freya has her ult to attack now, YAY 2 abilities gone, Chronos loses Accelerate, and Ao can no longer use his 2, and his 4 no longer has any way of executing you (because he can't burst you down fast enough WITHOUT HIS BASICS), Bellona counters, lets see, a total of 34 gods that gain benefits from their kit towards AAs, are AA based, or build core items based around AAs. This is over half of the gods in this game at this moment. Meaning she needs a HEFTY FUCKING NERF. She is the go to support, solo, jungle, and ADC simply from Disarm. To top this off, I believe she has a dash, and movement, and protections. Lets see how many passives she nullifies, shall we?
    AGNIS
    ANHURS
    APOLLOS
    ARACHNES
    ARTEMIS
    ATHENA
    AWILIX
    BAKASURA
    CHAAC
    CUPID
    FENRIR
    FREYA
    HADES (you say she doesn't counter magicals, yet Hades needs basics for his passive and the effects from his kit. Hades. The worst guardian.)
    HUN BATZ
    KALI
    LOKI
    MERCURY
    NEZHA
    NEMESIS
    NUWA
    POSEIDON
    RAMA
    SERQET
    SOBEK (she gains more prots, movespeed, and she can disarm him, denying him stacks)
    SUN WUKONG
    VULCAN
    YMIR
    ZEUS
    Looks to me like there's a few magicals in there, too. And that's just considering basic attack usage. There are so many other gods who her disarm benefits a ton (Kumbhakarna is one).
    So please, just because you like using her, and because she is meant to counter a few gods, doesn't make it okay for her to counter 60% of the gods in this game.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.