Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellona Feedback - 2/19

Community Manager Senior Cupidhead HiRezMartini's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points

Bellona Feedback - 2/19

Post observations here regarding the balance and game play of Bellona, Goddess of War
    Last edited by HiRezMartini; 02-19-2015 at 01:38 PM.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    My TV broke a few weeks ago. Doesn't turn on, screens broke among other things.

Bellona is more broke than my TV.

New Member Cupidhead TheHumanVacuum's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    "Rally Here!"
    -Bellona

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by glazeyb View Post
    my tv broke a few weeks ago. Doesn't turn on, screens broke among other things.

Bellona is more broke than my tv.
    loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Vanngarrd's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    I love the idea of her kit, the versatility of each weapon bringing something unique to her basic attacks, meaning if you can adapt to situations if you know the right weapon to use but can get caught out if you mis-equip yourself. That being said right now all parts of it are just too strong.

While I like the idea of the passive I think it needs to scale or something as early game its just too many protections especially when combined with the ult. Also it might be better if it was only physical as giving her both seems a bit much, (osiris is sad). Her 3 is the strongest part of the kit by far, I think shortening the durations of the disarm at all levels and maybe replacing the lifesteal or at least reworking it. As of now she can sustain better in the jungle than a god with bumbhas, can solo FG lvl 15 and can sustain off of towers. "The last I presume is a bug," I also think the damage scaling in the abilities needs to be tuned down a bit as right now it's far better to just build her damage than bruiser which doesn't really fit a warrior.

Like I said, I love this god and am really looking forward to playing it on the main client, her kit is quite clearly a warriors and has some great counter play in it. Just needs some adjustment so it also has some weakness in it. Rather than being a counter to some gods and weaker against others, she's a hard counter to some gods and still really strong against the rest. I think removing the magical protections from her passive would help with this, make her more vulnerable to mages.

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Love her, my new favorite warrior! Incredibly fun to play!

However: A few of her animations need some cleaning, they look a little wonky at times.
    I wish that the weapons didn't reset when she goes out of combat. Makes it tricky/annoying to plan out a strategy when it constantly resets.

And finally, I think that some damage and attack speed can be removed from her kit.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    what you think is wrong with her- if there is any?..they are asking that part. I enjoy humour (especially in this boring day) but you may want to give some details,too, for those who may want to enjoy your posts in some informative aspects as well.

I havent played her. she looks good. I liked the general look of her.quite like a warior, indeed. If i can, i would like to play it.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    She has a very interesting and needed kit. I love the disarm, despite thinking 3 seconds might be too much.
    At first, she looks mighty balanced and definitely has a place (many in fact) in the current meta. The problem is her numbers are too high. Both her passive and her 2 have crazy insane numbers.

For starters, the passive gives up to 25 prots, making her tankier the more you hit her and the more she hits you. That seems fair enough by itself, but add a whopping 30% additional movement speed and we have a problem.
    Her 2 simply does too much damage. By itself, if it hits only 1 god with the spin, it should comfortably do more than 400 dmg at 10 minutes in. That's mental.
    If stacked with 5 gods, granted very hard to pull off, she can hit harder than a scylla ult. That's even more mental.

So those are my thoughts on her. If her numbers get adjusted, she could be a strong and versatile god.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Passive – Better version of Sobek’s passive, plus some movement speed.
    1st ability – Better version of Athena’s dash. Yes, it’s short ranged, but it’s also instant and casually stacks a few other effects because balance.
    2nd ability – Solid wave clear and team fight presence, I like it.
    3rd ability – Disarm duration is clearly far too long.
    Ultimate – This doesn’t need to stun and deal damage, it already wins you team fights on a relatively short cool down; the kill securing is just extravagant.

I love the gameplay and art direction of Bellona, but her kit is clearly over-stuffed. Cut the movement speed from her passive, cut the additional effects from her block counters, reduce the duration of the disarm to 2s or less and cut the stun from her ultimate (maybe giving her 2 a short root when the hammer strikes, if she needs more cc) and it looks good.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Whilst people are going on about the length of her disarm, let me point something out, If you build pen along with attack speed (Ichaival, Executioner, Qin's, Etc.) You have a god who is healing 110 every 3 hits, and hitting nearly 2.5 times a second, and the bonus of this is that her passive gets quickly stacked up as well. I haven't tested her other abilities too much, as I'm having too much fun destroying people with her three xD
    RAINBOWS!
    Now that I have your attention, healers are fun
    Also purple is the best colour in the world.