Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Serious problems with player quality/match making

Junior Member Cupidhead Boozebeard's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Thumbs up Serious problems with player quality/match making

Now there's n official forum I'd like to direct peoples attention to my thread on the fan forum regarding the atrocious skill level of the players I'm being matched with the abundance of leavers. I really want to play this game because it's a lot of fun when the matches are good but I am just experiencing horrendous match after horrendous match at the moment and have really had to pretty much stop playing as I am only being able to enjoy maybe 1 in 5 games. If that.

original thread: http://smite.boards.net/thread/1789/...-players-match

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Nothing's gonna change. HiRez are convinced that their matchmaking is better than a lot of other games'. It's also supposedly made for a much bigger playerbase so things should "automatically improve" after launch as more people get to level 30.

While I do agree matchmaking isn't very good my main concern are the servers, though.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Aaaand what goes on reddit stays on every other site for community feedback i guess
    Insanity's the best kind of sanity!

"If you cant beat em', Show off!"-Eddy, "Ed "Edd n Eddy"

Achievements:
    I'm mostly just shocked by the number of leavers I play with. How are these people not banned?

Junior Member Cupidhead CallsignEcho's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozebeard View Post
    I'm mostly just shocked by the number of leavers I play with. How are these people not banned?
    QFT. I assume the vast majority of people don't report. I always stick around in post lobby and often most people don't stay for long enough to file a report.

Achievements:
    So I've played 4 games today well 3 but I'll get to the 4th. Here is a summary of each one and believe me when I say this represents the average quality of matches I am finding in this game:

Game 1: Our team surrenders at 10. Jungler kills himself on creeps at level 2 and rage quits then every other player feeds 3-4 deaths to the enemy (except me, I die once 2 seconds before surrender vote passes). Team kills at end is 1-11

Game 2: We completely destroy the enemy team. Bit of a flip side this time but still example of terrible match making. Team kills at end is 31-6.

Game 3: 2 leavers who have no idea how to play. This game is actually the best one of the day as it actually ends up being close as we both have 1 terrible player each. We have instant lock Fenrir who doesn't talk to team when we ask if he is jungling so we have to assume he is (I had actually wanted to jungle and asked for it before he instant locked). At the start of match he makes me (the mid) tank red buff for him and then instead of jungling he follows me into mid lane and stays there, running at the enemy. even under the tower, until he's had enough of dying and leaves. Enemy have similarly bad Thor who just runs at us for free kills, although Thor does not leave until nearer the end of the game. Team kills at end 54-29

Game 4: I queue up for another game thiking that surely luck will be on my side this time. Evey player on my team instant locks an assassin or warrior. All melee. All physical damage. I leave in God select as I've simply had enough of these players.

I realise there are some people who are sick of seeing threads and posts about bad match making but I'm sorry when it's THIS terrible, and I swear this is a pretty average example of the games I get every single day, the only thing we can do is keep complaining about it until they do something about it.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozebeard View Post
    So I've played 4 games today well 3 but I'll get to the 4th. Here is a summary of each one and believe me when I say this represents the average quality of matches I am finding in this game:

Game 1: Our team surrenders at 10. Jungler kills himself on creeps at level 2 and rage quits then every other player feeds 3-4 deaths to the enemy (except me, I die once 2 seconds before surrender vote passes). Team kills at end is 1-11

Game 2: We completely destroy the enemy team. Bit of a flip side this time but still example of terrible match making. Team kills at end is 31-6.

Game 3: 2 leavers who have no idea how to play. This game is actually the best one of the day as it actually ends up being close as we both have 1 terrible player each. We have instant lock Fenrir who doesn't talk to team when we ask if he is jungling so we have to assume he is (I had actually wanted to jungle and asked for it before he instant locked). At the start of match he makes me (the mid) tank red buff for him and then instead of jungling he follows me into mid lane and stays there, running at the enemy. even under the tower, until he's had enough of dying and leaves. Enemy have similarly bad Thor who just runs at us for free kills, although Thor does not leave until nearer the end of the game. Team kills at end 54-29

Game 4: I queue up for another game thiking that surely luck will be on my side this time. Evey player on my team instant locks an assassin or warrior. All melee. All physical damage. I leave in God select as I've simply had enough of these players.

I realise there are some people who are sick of seeing threads and posts about bad match making but I'm sorry when it's THIS terrible, and I swear this is a pretty average example of the games I get every single day, the only thing we can do is keep complaining about it until they do something about it.
    Solutions to matchmaking do not grow on trees and "Complaining until they do something about it" is just a surefire way to be a thorn in the company's side. They know about this problem, they are working on this problem and to spam the people trying to solve this problem ala Navi isnt going to get anything productive done. PATIENCE
    Insanity's the best kind of sanity!

"If you cant beat em', Show off!"-Eddy, "Ed "Edd n Eddy"

Achievements:
    Sorry but I don't agree with you. They obviously need more thorns poking them to hurry up. Not like they havent had long enough to sort out something as fundamental as the match making system

Played another game, it's actually becoming comical just how many terrible games you can get in a row so I thought I'd see how long my streak lasted.

Game 5: Level 1 leaver (although he was nice enough to reconnect twice and give the enemy 2 free kills). Teams kills at end 4-20

That makes 3 out of 4 of the games I played today that had a leaver and 4 leavers in total.
    Last edited by Boozebeard; 03-21-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Achievements:
    Ah well my last game was actually pretty good no leavers on either side and though we won quite convincingly it wasn't a total stomp. Having said that no one on my team understood what a long and short lane were and it took quite a while for me to explain that and that the solo should be in the short one lol. Had 3 in one lane for a moment at the start lol.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    Matchmaking has its ups and downs for me, ranked is mostly the best for me though (currently in gold league)
    One day I'll be able to have a gif for my sig