Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellona

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    Yeah, I was soloing the gold fury with just boots and jotun's. That ... seems excessive. That heal is incredibly potent once you get it to rank-5. Soloing the gold fury at 9th level with zero risk...
    Maxing the heal and a fully stacked devo glove lets you just heal through just about anything: Gold Fury, Fire Giant, Towers, and Phoenixes. I soloed FG with boots, devo, and executioner at level 14.
    Support Main.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    another god I will NOT be playing because I'm sexist.

also.... her 1 is total athena rip off.

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rıven View Post
    Her abilities on hit don't deal high numbers either. The Hammer SMASH does good damage but everything else is average.
    You and a lot of other people forget, that she has 3! damaging abilities! This means you have to sum up the damage of all 3 abilities for total damage.

Of course her abilities deal less damage then someones who has only 2, but in total they deal the same or more!

Also you forget, that her 1 deals additional damage from the reflection of the basic attack.

She deals around the same total damage as Odin (using shield for damage and hitting both time with 3) with her abilities.

The only 2 warriors dealing more damage with abilities are:

Guan yu (but he cannot autoattack for 3 seconds!) and Tyr using all attacks from both stances. (When the enemy has no beads/anti CC cape).

Actually her 2 is not that strong damagewise, since it takes quite long so there you lose some autoattacks, but it is aoe and when having more enemies around it can become insane scalingwise.
    Last edited by TigrisCallidus; 02-20-2015 at 07:08 PM.
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Bellona is anti attack. So her reflect fits into her kit like the disarm. There's a lot of gods who have 3 damaging attacks, Awilix is the most recent, but her 2 is the only one that's good. Everything else is mediocre in damage. I do believe you can also prevent Bellona's 1 and 2 with cripple, not 100% sure on the 2.
    You can also stun, root and silence Bellona mid slam down with her 2 which has quite the wind up animation and stop her from doing it. She's a jack of all trades warrior. As for her reflect, I don't think it's really that strong. Even if they lowered it to 20% you still have things like Nemean Lion that always has that on, or Shield of the underworld which reflects a gaudy 40%. That's way worst than an ability you need to land 3 hits to get 1 stack opposed to every hit being reflected back at you.
    just wait until they retrofit disarm unto existing gods, Bellona won't seem as OP. Although I still think the 14 on her ult and her passive being Sobek's only better in every way will probably be nerfed down.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    Yeah, I was soloing the gold fury with just boots and jotun's. That ... seems excessive. That heal is incredibly potent once you get it to rank-5. Soloing the gold fury at 9th level with zero risk...
    Osiris, arachne, bakasura with devo gloves full stacked can solo those ez at lvl 9-10

Fearlessing you into my tower ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The only thing I have a problem with about her kit is that she can disarm creeps and heal off of any objectives. That's either a bug and if it isn't it's pretty broken. Also I love how Bastet is apparently a counter to her even though the cats stack her passive which is again pretty silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggame2 View Post
    You have to be a mans man to be a solo. These guys are made of steel.
    IGN: Worbulow

Junior Member Cupidhead Spekter's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Worbulow View Post
    The only thing I have a problem with about her kit is that she can disarm creeps and heal off of any objectives. That's either a bug and if it isn't it's pretty broken. Also I love how Bastet is apparently a counter to her even though the cats stack her passive which is again pretty silly.
    She can no longer heal off towers, phoenixes or the titan. She can heal off jungle objectives just as anyone can.

Minion disarming may be removed if it seems problematic, but considering that minions can be stunned, I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to remove minion disarming. It's literally never been a problem that, for example, an Ymir stunned the archers. I think you've got bigger problems than that.

Disarm is very narrow and people are crazily overreacting to it. Scourge has the cooldown of a guardian primary CC (18 seconds!) and significantly less utility than one that will completely disable you and root or pull you. All it does is peel, it can never be used for initiation.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Spekter View Post
    She can no longer heal off towers, phoenixes or the titan. She can heal off jungle objectives just as anyone can.

Minion disarming may be removed if it seems problematic, but considering that minions can be stunned, I don't think there's any reason whatsoever to remove minion disarming. It's literally never been a problem that, for example, an Ymir stunned the archers. I think you've got bigger problems than that.

Disarm is very narrow and people are crazily overreacting to it. Scourge has the cooldown of a guardian primary CC (18 seconds!) and significantly less utility than one that will completely disable you and root or pull you. All it does is peel, it can never be used for initiation.
    This.
    This.
    And more this.
    You're the cat's pajamas~
    ▶That's no way to talk to a hero◀
    What is broken can be reforged

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...

Junior Member Cupidhead Spekter's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    My impressions and analysis of Bellona and building her from PTS and general theorycrafting:

Bellona is a true warrior in the sense that she thrives on staying in the front line and dishing out while tanking medium area damage. I have to emphasize the area damage thing: you will have assassins and hunters who do good single target damage in bursts, but Bellona will do the most damage by being in the fight around multiple opponents over a long duration. Hammer stance is incredibly strong when you are in a large melee. Doing double damage because two enemies are nearby is practically like critting, and this is even more if there are three.

Mystical Mail is an absolute core item for Bellona. Not only does it do good damage, but it keeps her in combat easily, helping her to not drop her current weapon. It wins out in sustain wars versus other warriors, and will always be relevant with her playstyle.

Frostbound Hammer is uniquely powerful with her because not only does she not have many other slows in her kit, making it not very redundant (as it is on, for example, Osiris), but she has a cleaving basic attack chain in Hammer stance that applies on hit effects to all of her targets. There is no more powerful on hit effect in this game - it feels like using a Gem of Isolation on a physical god! This also allows her to leverage her passive for unbeatable sticking power - her foes must use an escape move, which you may choose to follow up with an Eagle's Rally as a counter. If there are enemies clustered to cleave with Hammer stance, this will keep them clustered longer which will hugely improve your damage contribution.

Building adequate protection is a must due to your need to stay in combat, so either Bulwark of Hope or Hide of the Urchin is core, with my bias going to Bulwark for the greater health contribution. Health scales incredibly well with Bellona due to her innately extremely high protections from her class and her passive.

Winged Blade is probably strictly superior to any boots option on Bellona due to her passive making up for the 8% of lost movement speed of boots when in combat. Forgoing boots is a choice that will mean slower rotations, but she loses almost no damage from boots due to her already low scalings (meaning little gain from the 40 power boots) and inability to build as a hypercarry (meaning little to gain from attack speed boots). I assume that if you build the Winged Blade option, then Frostbound Hammer will be bought to completely close the movement speed gap.

Besides these four items, she has multiple viable builds. Here are a few examples but it's not an exhaustive list.

Off-carry: Executioner, Qin's Sais or Rage (situational versus a tanky or less-tanky lineup)
    Sticking bruiser: Magi's Blessing, Titan's Bane
    Damage bruiser: Shifter's Shield, Titan's Bane
    Utility bruiser: Jotunn's Wrath, Titan's Bane
    Off-tank: Heartward Amulet or Sovereignty (freeing up a slot for your tank), Jotunn's Wrath or Spirit Robe
    Last edited by Spekter; 02-21-2015 at 04:08 AM.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guide
    Never thought of Mystical Mail.
    You're the cat's pajamas~
    ▶That's no way to talk to a hero◀
    What is broken can be reforged

SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY ...