Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mixed defense items working better than dedicated ones

Senior Member Honoured Ramenyolo's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    the hp aura is nice in assault if it's a pokewar and noone has a way to heal.
    How useful is it tho? How much sustain is +25hp5? 5 hp every sec?

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenyolo View Post
    Combine that with telaria and gaia and you have a lvl1 rain dance

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramenyolo View Post
    Better then having no bonus team hp regen at all if there's no healer.

It depends on enemy comp though, if they're 5 physicals, then sov is very meh, but if the enemy has a bunch of magical poke, the defense aura + hp regen is pretty nice to have.
    And for yourself, you'll prob have a stone of gaia aswell, so you have a very nice amount of hp regen in total as a tank to keep your hp up.

And if one side doesn't have a healer, the other tends not to have on neither I noticed, either both sides get a ra/aphro/chang'/ etc etc, or neither gets one
    Last edited by Nalessa; 02-19-2015 at 02:43 AM.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    The combo cost 860 more gold, but I think that's a relatively small price to pay, less than a level 3 active.
    its a massive difference. 860 gold can/will be the difference between having hog3 and having hog1, think about that for a momment.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Sov and amulet VS Hide of the Urchin + Spirit Robe.
    Its about the auras. You will stay alive longer with Hide and Spirit Robe, but your team wont. Right now supports are in a tough spot, we will have to see ends up happening. Because i agree, Sov and amulet simply aint good enough right now, compared to build max CDR with boots+chest and the building something like hide and magi's for more defense and then 2 offensive items.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    And if one side doesn't have a healer, the other tends not to have on neither I noticed, either both sides get a ra/aphro/chang'/ etc etc, or neither gets one
    except for Cupid and Isis, which i've seen constantly one team have and the other not...(healerwise) :P
    http://smite.guru/stats/hr/Snip3rkid/summary

Ever loved someone so much, you would do anything for them?
    Yeah, well, make that someone yourself and do whatever the hell you want

-Harvey Spectar

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

-Socrates

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitefulOne View Post
    The aura is for your team. You're the support, you're supposed to hang back, provide auras and ward and do your best not to leech any xp or gold from the team.
    But fed supports win games, haven't you heard?
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    There's another advantage in going for mixed items, in that it doesn't leave you open in one side when you first get the other. If you go for aura or other specialized items, starting with Sovereignity, you can still get stomped by their support (particularly hard-hitters, like Ares, Bacchus or Athena). So you can get Urchin (maybe rush it, if you are playing a high mobility god), build something else (boots, if you rushed), then get Spirt Robe,in time before everyone start hitting too hard for only Urchin. Then you can decide going for more defense items or getting damage and utility .

Yes, it's more expensive, but you won't be getting much more money when you have to back up each time the enemy support/adc sneezes in your general direction. I also think the benefit of auras was nerfed in S2 patch. There aren't pen boots anymore, which the old Sovereignity neutralized (when it also gave the most defense for the tank himself). As I said, I'd consider using the basic combo coupled with Lotus Crown for support healers - 40 protections, now we're talking. Particularly Sylvanus, particularly for assault.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 02-19-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    I was being a tad facetious when I described the support's job but there's more truth there than sarcasm. The aura's are indeed less valuable because of the pen boots change due to diminishing returns on protections but it usually won't push anyone up over the 150 mark where the gains start to become more minuscule.

You're still giving them an extra 9-6% mitigation or more at pre-20 if they haven't bought any protections.

The choice is really to play selfish and make yourself as tough as possible or to make your team tougher while sacrificing personal stats. The entire support position is based around self sacrifice for the good of the team so why would this be any different?

I don't like how support is handled in most Moba's in general and this change just reinforced that the devs don't want to innovate to try to make it more fun so that's pretty much all there is to it.

Banned Honoured ExtremelyCasual's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class

Junior Member Cupidhead Yarzahn's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Yeap, Sovereignty is pretty weak now. Heartward too.

I would be fine with these items if they added the correspondent armor / magic resist to the item type (sovereign adding armour aura and heartward with magic resist aura).

I don't agree with the whole "mr providing armor aura and armor providing mr aura" thing. Aura items are sutuational. You want different auras for diff team comps. You dont always want some fixed "hp/ mr aura". You might want ad debuff vs auto atks, anti heal, spell vamp, spell penetration or ad pen on warrior supports.

If i feel the need to provide aura magic resist, chances are im gonna want to stack magic resist on myself too. If i rush some defensive aura, chances are i need to benefit as much as i can from that stat too. Not get the resist to the opposite damage type.
    Last edited by Yarzahn; 02-19-2015 at 06:19 PM.