Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Gods for a noob?

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CommandoKiwi View Post
    Hard to really say because you don't tell your preferred type. I'll just give you this.

Guardians
    Geb: Geb is generally easy to use, powerful in battle, and an all around great pick.
    Sylvanus: Sylvanus might have lost his lane clear capabilities, but that doesn't mean he lost that amazing harass! He's my personal favorite support.

Hunters
    Xbalanique: Xbal is easy to use and deals loads of damage, plus he's also rather fun to play.
    Cupid: Cupid is the god of pokes. He's annoying, deals lots of damage at range, and is an enjoyable pick.

Mages
    Agni: Biased? Maybe, but he still is a simple and fun god, plus he has a ranged stun and deals a good amount of DoT, unlike many others.
    Janus: Janus is a high damage mage that will punish you for just getting hit. Really easy to play, hits like a truck, and has enough evasive capabilities to make Loki jealous.

Assassins
    Loki: Loki moves fast, hits amazingly hard bursts, and without aegis under cc, he's almost unstoppable.
    Bakasura: Baka is just loads and loads of true damage. Don't get in his way while he's ulting or you'll be his next meal. Om nom nom...

Warriors
    Chaac: Chaac has a sustain and deals a generally good amount of damage. Has nice cc, good sustain, but lacks an efficient escape method.
    I would say for the Assassin pick don't choose loki he does terrible as a jungle much better at solo were he can get a steady gold supply. Then for mages your forgeting ra very easy to use then posiden now do the fact have to beads and aegis to get out of ult and well people don't learn how use either well till lvl 30
    Then Baka jungle is not easy due to the fact you have to place yourself carefully since dosen't have any cc except for the small radius of his ult.

Much preffer Thor for a starter assassin due to his stun and 1 and 3 being semi easy to hit.

Herc is still a easy solo lane god to learn as well do to his heal and well cc and damage
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by CommandoKiwi View Post
    Hard to really say because you don't tell your preferred type. I'll just give you this.

Guardians
    Geb: Geb is generally easy to use, powerful in battle, and an all around great pick.
    Sylvanus: Sylvanus might have lost his lane clear capabilities, but that doesn't mean he lost that amazing harass! He's my personal favorite support.

Hunters
    Xbalanique: Xbal is easy to use and deals loads of damage, plus he's also rather fun to play.
    Cupid: Cupid is the god of pokes. He's annoying, deals lots of damage at range, and is an enjoyable pick.

Mages
    Agni: Biased? Maybe, but he still is a simple and fun god, plus he has a ranged stun and deals a good amount of DoT, unlike many others.
    Janus: Janus is a high damage mage that will punish you for just getting hit. Really easy to play, hits like a truck, and has enough evasive capabilities to make Loki jealous.

Assassins
    Loki: Loki moves fast, hits amazingly hard bursts, and without aegis under cc, he's almost unstoppable.
    Bakasura: Baka is just loads and loads of true damage. Don't get in his way while he's ulting or you'll be his next meal. Om nom nom...

Warriors
    Chaac: Chaac has a sustain and deals a generally good amount of damage. Has nice cc, good sustain, but lacks an efficient escape method.
    Vamana: Vamana is just easy and fun to use, he's basically all basics when he ults, so make those hit hard.

I hope this helps, happy playing!
    I agree with most of your list exept geb and janus. With geb you need tons of awareness to know when to use his shield. Personally, if i am going to have a support with an X rank guardian, i would wish that the guardian was geb. If i am going to have a support that started playing smite yesterday, i would like him to pick sylvanus.
    Janus also needs a lot awareness to use his portals and ult. I find posy, vulcan, isis, ra to be easiest mages.

Fearlessing you into my tower ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'd recommend Chaac, very easy to play with a pretty effective kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggame2 View Post
    You have to be a mans man to be a solo. These guys are made of steel.
    IGN: Worbulow

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Locet's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LegioXI View Post
    Wouldn't recommend because you need to be perfect at aiming Q and aim&time R, and yes R must be aimed&timed, it's not an "I win" button like Loki's ult, plus he's a glass cannon and will die in under 0.5s of concentrated damage.

LOL wuuut? what is Q and R? should try not explaining things with your own key bindings..

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Wouldn't recommend because you need to be perfect at aiming Q and aim&time R, and yes R must be aimed&timed, it's not an "I win" button like Loki's ult, plus he's a glass cannon and will die in under 0.5s of concentrated damage.
    Everyone labeled assassin or hunter is a glass cannon and more than 80% mages as well. Invalid. You don't need to time his combo nor 3 in any special way. All you need with it is not to hit enemies with one edge but with the other (when escaping) or in the middle. Never try to hit an enemy at max range. Just land your slow and land tornado right after for 490+135%AP damage guaranteed. With that passive of yours. Another common misconception is that he is all about killing and damage...not even close. He's all about area control, with a little bonus that if you meet him in the jungle and engage he'll tear you to shreds.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Easiest in general is probably Chaac. Very simple and easy to land nuke, self sustain, and a passive that lets him avoid mana problems. He's a good pick for solo lane.

Easiest ADC is probably Neith. She isn't quite as reliant on auto attacks as just about every other ADC, and you start with her too.

Easiest jungle is Thor... Nobody else really comes close. He's arguably overpowered as well. Second pick? Maybe Fenrir, if you don't mind that his viability drops a bit in higher level games. His 3 is effectively unmissable and he has 3 escape moves if you count his ultimate.

Easiest mid laner is probably Scylla (low risk, high reward). A good second pick here would be Janus, as his kit is ridiculously flexible.

Easiest tank is probably Ymir. Helps that you start with him. Very simple combo, and his wall lets you easily setup kills. For an alternative, try Athena, less effective CC, but on a much lower cooldown, and she is much more capable of dishing out damage than most tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Now that he is useful again try Kukulkan. Simple combo, massive damage, free farm.
    No... Just no.
    If you can aim basic attacks, you can aim Zephyr. It's the only thing in his kit he can consistently guarantee hits with due to the delay on his other 2 damage abilities.

Also this isn't LoL. The skills aren't QWER, they are 1234.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    ra is actually a very good god. and his aiming will get you used to hunter role. the 1 skill is good for lane clear. 2. for odd cc. 3. for heals and group damage. 4. is great sniping fun. plus he is a very fast god and free. i think the fact that hes free starter god gets him underestimated.