Thread: What was he thinking?

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class

What was he thinking?

Ok, so It's going to be a long story so stick with me.
    Starting last night, I got in with a normal non premade group, I think 2-3 were coming over curse voice. (The Freya and the chaac.)
    We had chaac going solo, Freya going jungle. Nox in mid. Sylv was playing support. And I was Neith. A first time Neith. ADC wasn't called so I got stuck with it, didn't have cupid, and Apollo/art seemed like bad choices. Neith is what I settled on.
    I start off with bluestone pendant, the beginning of devourers gauntlets and 1 HP pot. I went to the duo lane damage buff camps!(on my minimap's left.) Nox joined me. Sylv was over with Freya and chaac. We asked him to join us, and he did so. (I was assuming he forgot duo lane has no designated side.(It happened to all of us at some point.)) We get going, he hog's he monsters right away, all done. I head over to attack speed, he ran off to middle xp camp. (I think of ifne whatever, hes sylvanus.) I decide to lane instantly and not attack the purple buff camp. I'm in duo by myself atm, getting lots of delicious XP and gold real quick. No big deal! Enemy ADC Apollo shows up as minions are under his tower, I retreat expecting to see his support coming real soon. Apollo's support didn't show up for like 3 more minutes, we have a back and forth battle for a while. No tower damage was done to mine, I got a nick or 2 off of his.
    So about this time, I'm thinking ya know... Where's??? Oh NVM! There is Enemy Athena. She comes barreling down the lane with Apollo, and push me back to my tower. (I tank the minions in the tower, so the tower doesn't take dmg.) Around 7:00 in and I haven't returned to base yet. Cause sylvanus still hasn't entered duo lane, not even once. I take it in stride, and keep them there for another 3 minutes. I'm nearly out of mana and HP, even with bluestone. And I return back to base. Athena and Apollo take the time to do the same rather then push. (Hallelujah.)
    I come back with devourers at full, and t2 boots(going to build ninja's.) Tower took a small amount of dmg form minions but nothing significant. So, I'm feeling pretty good with myself I've held duo lane by myself, even got an Apollo kill. And it freed up sylv to help other lanes, (I guess that's maybe what he was thinking?)
    So I take a look at the score. 4/14... Our team has died 15 times non of them our mine... Freya died 7 times in the jungle, nox was at like 3. Chaac was going 3/4/0 (I'm ok with those numbers.) And Sylv died twice. So Here I am, thinking, it's a dam 4 v 3 (5 v 5 minus one cause im not there. And two because I'm holding off both Athena and Apollo.) And we are losing the battle over in mid and solo.
    TO summarize the rest I held my lane until I was ganked by all 5 of them, they swiftly took all of left lane, followed by all of right. Ninja ganked middle, resulted in a deicide. I pushed left hard. Chaac tried for a VVVP, with right lane. No avail, they took the titan after 30 minutes and a 27/0 KDR thanatos.

I was salty towards the end, and repteadely wanted to know exactly what was going on, that resulted in the loss of the game. After being very bitter both in words and in spirit towards my sylvanus, who should have been in my duo lane, but only ever poked his head in twice as a "Hi! Doing good, ok BYE!" I finally decided to call it a night.
    TL;DR
    I'm attempting to understand the reasoning behind my sylv never visiting duo lane, was he bad? Was he trying a new meta? It kept me on par with my enemies, but the rest of my team was her derp level and gold wise. It seems like it might work, but why/what was the reasoning with support acting as a second jungler, I've never seen this before. When I play geb, I camp duo lane and stay there like my siz is gonna be beat in if I move from it. In this match I saw my support do JUST the opposite. What is the currently defined 'correct' practice for support, and what can we take away from what this sylv did, was he overall helping or hurting, if I CAN hold duo by myself and only need support to recall(VVB)

Halfway confused/halfway numb with curiousity on the behavior of our sylv.
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Sylvanus was attempting to roam.
    Usually if an ADC is doing good in the duolane, a support will roam around.
    He took it too far, but in reality he wasn't at fault. You were just beaten.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Sylvanus was attempting to roam.
    Usually if an ADC is doing good in the duolane, a support will roam around.
    He took it too far, but in reality he wasn't at fault. You were just beaten.
    I understand we were out played, and these things happen in random conquest a lot. I accepted that last night, I'm confused as the roam thing, escpecially in light of the new map, cause if you miss out any xp in lane your sort of screwed. no? Even junglers now I see fall up to 3-4 levels behind in normal games now. Even ranked players that have X mastery in thor and stuff, fall behind levels. Leeching off of another lane, or even worse not being in lane most of the time seems counter intuitive, unless duo in solo lane, may actually be viable for the sake of boosting the ADC's levels quickly?
    Last edited by Jezereal; 02-17-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: HER DERP adc's levels not supports.
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezereal View Post
    I understand we were out played, and these things happen in random conquest a lot. I accepted that last night, I'm confused as the roam thing, escpecially in light of the new map, cause if you miss out any xp in lane your sort of screwed. no? Even junglers now I see fall up to 3-4 levels behind in normal games now. Even ranked players that have X mastery in thor and stuff, fall behind levels. Leeching off of another lane, or even worse not being in lane most of the time seems counter intuitive, unless duo in solo lane, may actually be viable for the sake of boosting the ADC's levels quickly?
    Falling behind happens to everyone, and junglers are especially susceptible to underleveling.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I feel sorry for you , I aslo myself had bad matches like this where wither the support doesn't know what he is doing or the jungler doesn't know when to gank or fails all the time .
    The Forum's Official Noble Warrior!

Need to contact Hirez Support? Use this link!
    Find an annoying Bug or Glitch? Post it in here!
    Make sure to read the Smite Forums Code of Conduct!

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer member. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    a good support won't stay in lane except for 1 odd wave usually. The new meta allows the support to take the red buff and back harpy exp, and noone falls behind.

Incon made a really good video of it using sylvanus (Check my signature, book of thoth > sylvanus > incon's video)
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.