Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Serqet blind fear.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    The typical response to that is Thor being a hard counter to her and, while I could see him being a soft counter, I really just think we haven’t seen any great Serqet players yet, even in the pro scene, due to how frequently she gets banned out.

In theory, Thor’s high cc and excellent AoE damage, as well as his dominant early game, should give him a slight edge on Serqet, but a good Serqet player, in my opinion, should be able to dodge most of his cc based on my experience with other gods (eg. Dodging Thor’s wall or ult with Bakasura’s jump is a cake walk, provided I’m not already engaged). Similarly, Kali has a much weaker early game, which lasts for much longer and still managed to consistently find the farm to turn into the late game monster that she is, even if all of her team’s lanes were losing, in the hands of a strong Kali player.

Admittedly I’m also in the group confused as to why Mercury isn’t getting picked up, with Serqet banned so often, so it could be that I’m just out of touch with the meta. The fact that the entire league and pro scene is terrified of her too though makes me think not.

Senior Member Honoured Vorleser's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Party Person 10000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Its called "beads"
    If you don't have "beads" don't try to 1 v 1 her
    She's almost guaranteed to win 1 v 1 .
    Just like Ao Kuang.
    "How do I know I'm balanced? I have my own SCALES!" - Nu Wa
    R.I.P December 2013 - August 2014
    You'll always be hissstory in my heart and keep a low profile in my love.
    May you be raised to the heavens.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    She is not prone to slows, since she has 2.5 escapes. All characters are “weak” to stuns, that’s why everyone buys beads, though Serqet is less so since stuns tend to be short ranged, have a slow cast time and/or have a slow projectile speed, allowing her to dodge quite easily with the hyper mobility in her kit.

If she is considerably more mobile than any other assassin, has more damage than most assassins (which is impossible to counter, as well, due to her ability to hit for both percentage damage and true damage) and has two of the best cc moves in the game, don’t you think that just might be a small problem with her kit? Please stop insulting players who are making well thought out and kit-centric arguments and actually contribute something to the discussion – I clearly know what I’m talking about based on the depth of my arguments, it is your knowledge that is currently in question.
    None of her 2.5 abilites removes slow from her... WTH are you even on about. two of the best CC moves? Really? Which ones? Only her ulti is semi-good CC.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    She has the best taunt in the game + a long stun + knockback combo (on top of great true damage) on her ultimate. Jumps and dashes are unaffected by slows, meaning if she really needs to get somewhere when she's slowed, she can just dash or jump there (or, if 'there' is an enemy god, she can also ult them), giving her 2.5 answers to a slow before even looking at items or actives.

Beads is a rather mediocre answer to her, not only because beads answer just about everything, but also because it still doesn’t block the damage from her ult or prevent her from securing damage from her dash, jump, or basic attacks.
    Last edited by Aerman; 02-17-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead DeHavik's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree Serquet is very strong, my 10 year old son with whom I share my account wrecks with her. Initiate with 2, if they start attacking team mates let them be, otherwise follow up with 1. Finish with basics or ofc 3 or 4 when available.

A large part of her power lies in the fact that her 1 and 3 are both excellent finisher moves and escapes. It also helps that her 4 can be used to escape from a chasing enemy when low on health, it creates just enough time to get either your 1 or 3 off cooldown. As a result, she is rarely killed except when under the influence of hard cc.

Even though me and my son only play arena, such that I can't really evaluate Serquet's potential for Conquest, from my experience it is very difficult to shut her down, it almost never happens. The built we use is ninja tabi, jotunns wrath, deathbringer, malice, rage, titans bane. when deathbringer is online, the shred fest usually starts. This was slighly more powerfull when ninja tabi still had CDR, but still works very well.

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    I've had my figurative shiz shoved up my figurative arse by serq. Only when I play someone with no prots though. The only thing that will SCREW anyone over, isn't her ultimate. It's the mini hun batz elite she does. That has killed me on guardians. That weak 600 True damage ult is nothing on geb (main support I play.) tbh, I find it kind of funny. The fear though, that's some serious op face wrecking CC in any sort of group fight larger than 2 v 2. Never played serq, but she seems like one of those gods, whose effectiveness is SOOO highly dependent on the players skill level, un like loki, where its an easy entry, hard to truly master. She's difficult to play from step 1, from what I saw in jungle practice.

/10c
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    1. Stealth.
    2. Highest mobility - able to get in and out (without any time limits like Bastet's Pounce).
    3. Has critable ability that can hit 3 times.
    4. Taunt.
    5. Ult with knock back that also prevents the rest from coming close to dieing teammate - true damage poison bomb.
    6. Passive applying more damage on autoattacks.
    Seems like the most op kit in theory, but she is really squishy and can be countered with some beads
    You're the cat's pajamas

Achievements:
    Beads is a rather mediocre answer to her, not only because beads answer just about everything, but also because it still doesn’t block the damage from her ult or prevent her from securing damage from her dash, jump, or basic attacks.
    Greater Aegis. It's a thing.

Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Her ultimate takes too long to be fully blocked by Greater Aegis, which has also coincidentally been nerfed, so it's pretty bad now, both against her ultimate, her cc, her autos and most other characters' abilities. I personally wouldn't buy Greater Aegis just to block one instance of her dash (does it even block the poison off of it?), would you?

Achievements:
    Her ultimate takes too long to be fully blocked by Greater Aegis, which has also coincidentally been nerfed, so it's pretty bad now, both against her ultimate, her cc, her autos and most other characters' abilities. I personally wouldn't buy Greater Aegis just to block one instance of her dash (does it even block the poison off of it?), would you?
    Dude. You have no idea how to play against her. You use Greater Aegis to block the passive damage when she gets 3 catalysts on you. Her poison isn't all that deadly by itself.