Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Arena Tier List (2/16/15)

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

Arena Tier List (2/16/15)

I'm looking for some feedback on this arena tier list that I made. I'll explain the top picks and why they're there.

Xbalanque: Monster of a god in arena. You're immune to cc like Ares' ult which is HUGE, Hades ult, makes it so Ao's slows are irrelevant to you. This one ability makes me cry in itself. Not only that, but his damage in general is HUGE. Boxing this god with no way to get close is insane, as just trying to get close means that half your health will magically disappear. His ult also gives his team a great advantage.

Ares: Still one of the best gods, if not the best god in Arena. Ult forces you to pick up beads or magi's very early due to the fact of how fast you get to level 5 in arena, this means that you waste tons of money on one god. Early/mid-game is a huge portion of arena meaning that the Shackles are extremely powerful, and that's it. He's a one trick pony, but unlike Loki, if you don't counter this pony, you may get deicided. Oh yeah, and the nerf to aegis means that you HAVE to buy beads or magi's.

Thor: Thor brings so much to the game. An ult that makes people run in fear of being the target he chooses to dunk, strong early-game means that he asserts huge pressure on the enemy team, usually pushing them back to their base. He's so hard to catch up to, and his CC is unreal for an assassin. Simple god, but very strong in many situations.

Agni: Tons and tons of burst. Agni clears waves extremely easily and walks into teamfights scared of very little. If your entire team stands in one place, consider them at half health when you're against an Agni. The burst he brings is very hard to counter or even check, making him a very good pick overall.

Ao Kuang: Still a nasty god to fight as always. Maybe not the best in teamfights, but still VERY relevant. He can dive into a huge fight, get huge damage off, kill with ult, get back into base, and do it again. He's similar to thor in his own way but worse in teamfights, but far far better at picking off people that are staying out of teamfights as well.

Bakasura/Kali: (God so many 4 letter gods here..) I put these two together because obviously best ship. No, it's because they do the exact same thing. Use 1 to initiate, 3 to start up, ult if you really need to, and 2 is situational sometimes (unless you're Kali against a really tanky enemy). Their kit is made out of penta kills, who gives a crap if their bad in teamfights if they can walk in, kill 1-3 people and still get out fine.

Cupid:So. Much. Lategame. Honestly, Cupid is probably one of the insane gods to fight. A few days back I went 15-0 with him. I also had 2x the 2nd highest player damage on my team. He has what he needs to survive, strong basic attacks, decent stun/burst damage, sustain, an escape, and an ult that means "if you stand in this have fun living out of it". Cupid is just so ridiculous right now that I was hesitating to put him in S. He simply doesn't have the utility that Ares and Xbal have though.

Geb: Do I really need to say anything about Geb? Being able to remove CC from a god, even if it's one, is awesome. He has INSANE CC with his 1, 2, and ult. His passive means that he can bodyblock against even the strongest of crit gods and overall, he gives more than any other support in arena.

Scylla: Also a simple god. Get to late-game. Land Sic Em', IAM, then just go on a rampage of absolute WHY. Scylla walks into a temfight and says "nou" to the enemy team. 1+2 is around half their health mid/late-game, and her ult can give you so many pentas. I've seen my friend use Scylla (given he is diamond Scylla with over 3k kills but hey) and get a penta with only a little help. Need I say more?

Bacchus: Personally, I have not seen this god much in arena, or at all really. But many many many people have been telling me that this god is a threat in arena, a huge threat in fact. His early-game/clear weakness in arena is usually covered if your team is smart, his ult disorients the other team and does huge damage, he has a knock-up and a well ranged stun which lets his team initiate. He's pretty mana hungry though, and I haven't seen much about him, so I'll need more opinion on him. Before I can really staple him in place.

If you disagree about anything feel free to tell me. I'm all ready for the people who will say "lmao this tier list sucks you probably only played like 2 games of arena noob" but it's okay as long as you leave some feedback on what I should change. Also, you can go ahead and just remake the tier list on your own so you can do that and have fun so yeah. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Cyrillic; 02-19-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Last edited by DuhSexy; 02-16-2015 at 11:08 PM.
    :] Smile, I'm right behind you.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 201
    It's pretty good but holy gods do you undervalue Isis.

Not only is Isis the absolute, bottom line, hardest counter-pick to Ares, but she generally provides some of the best peel and utility out of any mage while contributing pretty respectable damage.

Back in Arena League, the metagame was always Damage Mage, Utility Mage, Tank, Warrior, and Physical Flex (Hunter, Assassin, or Warrior, as needed by the composition and counterpicks). Isis was easily the top pick in the utility mage category, followed by Aphrodite, Chang'e, and the occasional Athena (with a secondary true Tank).

Move Athena and Isis up to S tier, and Artemis up to A tier. Tusky is a force to be reckoned with, and Artemis is a strong ADC counterpick to Ares because of how Tusky interacts to disrupt Ares's team during his initiations.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by VVVC View Post
    It's pretty good but holy gods do you undervalue Isis.

Not only is Isis the absolute, bottom line, hardest counter-pick to Ares, but she generally provides some of the best peel and utility out of any mage while contributing pretty respectable damage.

Back in Arena League, the metagame was always Damage Mage, Utility Mage, Tank, Warrior, and Physical Flex (Hunter, Assassin, or Warrior, as needed by the composition and counterpicks). Isis was easily the top pick in the utility mage category, followed by Aphrodite, Chang'e, and the occasional Athena (with a secondary true Tank).

Move Athena and Isis up to S tier, and Artemis up to A tier. Tusky is a force to be reckoned with, and Artemis is a strong ADC counterpick to Ares because of how Tusky interacts to disrupt Ares's team during his initiations.
    i dont play arena much but isis is indeed very good at team fights and isnt thats what arena is about?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Yep. Her ultimate functions a lot like a Shell, which counters so many gods...but what makes her so good as a counterpick to Ares is that she has an answer for his entire kit. If he's chaining someone, she can silence him or stun him to stop successive chains from firing. If he's flaming, she can cut it short the same way. If he ults, she drops a Circle underneath where he would pull and mitigates massive amounts of damage for her team, possibly also doing massive damage to him and to his team in the process. All she has to do is protect herself with Beads and/or Aegis and she will protect her entire team from him for the entirety of the match. It's beyond frustrating. My friend CeeVee taught me all about the matchup when I constantly ran Ares in Arena League, and we would snipe one another's games and ban out the other's main god just to bring things down a lot.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Ares is not a top pick in arena. I mained guardian in ranked arena just so no one on my team could waste a pick on him. He isn't bad, but there are MUCH better options that shouldn't be missed.

Here is my guardian tier list for arena:

S+: Bacchus
    S: Geb, Athena
    A: Ares, Sylvanus, Kumba, Ymir
    B: N/A
    C: Cabrakan, Hades, Sobek

Bacchus is the best arena guardian, bar none.

His biggest weakness is his early game (due to his poor clear). None of that matters in arena where the early game is only 2-3 minutes long and guardians don't need to do any clearing.

He has the best initiate of any guardian, and the third best ult (after Geb and Sylvanus), giving him the best late game overall. Initiation is by far and away the most important characteristic of an arena guardian. You need to be able to initiate team fights every few seconds (not just when you have your ult/blink up). Bacchus does that better than anyone else. Geb and Athena are also very good at it.

Ares cannot be nearly as aggressive as those three due to his lack of mobility and AOE disruption (outside of his ult).
    Last edited by Chlamydia1; 02-17-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Completely agree, Bacchus > all. Not even close.

Ares is super hard to play in high level play and only the more skilled players can make him work because he is so fucking easy to peel and if he's peeled he is worthless, he doesn't contribute much at all. In any composition with him, he is best slotted in as a utility mage with a true initiator/peel tank so that he can just do his damage duty. He can't function as a tank in high level play, except in the sense that he is a meat shield. Pure mage warrior who is good because he's a strong counter to a lot of the assassin and hunter picks.

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrillic View Post
    sigh, any tier liste outside conquest without Bacchus in the top 5 strongest gods is just off. Bacchus is properly THE strongest guardian in 3vs3 joust, arena and siege. Massive dmg, lots of cc, got a anti-heal build in and can build for dmg because he got the best tanking passive in the game. Yes Bacchus needs someone to carry him out of early game, but in arena, joust, siege and assault thats no problem. So you more or less just play it safe for the first few mins, then unleash hell.
    Last edited by Konfuzfanten; 02-17-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    No. Arena is nowhere near that balanced. Most assassins, particularly Arachne should be a heck of a lot lower.

Nu Wa should be lower. Vamana should be lower. Sun Wukong should be lower. Kukulkan should be lower. Xbal is greatly overvalued. Odin should actually be higher, but not by much.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Quote Originally Posted by Grilleds View Post
    No. Arena is nowhere near that balanced. Most assassins, particularly Arachne should be a heck of a lot lower.

Nu Wa should be lower. Vamana should be lower. Sun Wukong should be lower. Kukulkan should be lower. Xbal is greatly overvalued. Odin should actually be higher, but not by much.
    What are you basing this on? Wukong is one of the best offtanks you could possibly have. I agree that Vamana isn't so great, he's a little slow to come online as far as hypercarries go and it's not too hard to escape him. Xbal is all that; he is easy damage and he now scales the hardest with attack speed - he's stronger now than when he was top tier in Arena League.

If you're going to adjust it, at least argue your points. I agree that most assassins are overvalued. Hun Batz should switch places with Bastet. Bastet isn't what she used to be when she could jump back out of CC.