Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I take this as an offense.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran

I take this as an offense.

I just had an Assault match that the matchmaking paired me with literally people who just started playing. It was the guy's fifth match and another guy had some matches but i bet he wasn't lvl 30 yet.

I take this as an insult from the game: "Here, you suck so hard let's put you with people of your actual level". The problem is my opponents are not as bad. Even when i get paired AGAINST beginners i still feel offended, "Here let's give you at least one win since you can't win for shit."

Is it me of the matchmaking is getting worse? And offensive.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    sometimes that happens nothing to do about it we can only wait : P
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by lNogard View Post
    I just had an Assault match that the matchmaking paired me with literally people who just started playing. It was the guy's fifth match and another guy had some matches but i bet he wasn't lvl 30 yet.

I take this as an insult from the game: "Here, you suck so hard let's put you with people of your actual level". The problem is my opponents are not as bad. Even when i get paired AGAINST beginners i still feel offended, "Here let's give you at least one win since you can't win for shit."

Is it me of the matchmaking is getting worse? And offensive.
    If you get offended by the matchmaking putting you where it thinks you belong, MOBAs may not be the games for you. And definitely don't ever play ranked.

This is the sort of game where, if you want to be really good at it, you need to have an honest, accurate view of your own strengths and weaknesses, the strength to admit when you need to improve, and then actually take steps to do so.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Teevell View Post
    If you get offended by the matchmaking putting you where it thinks you belong, MOBAs may not be the games for you. And definitely don't ever play ranked.

This is the sort of game where, if you want to be really good at it, you need to have an honest, accurate view of your own strengths and weaknesses, the strength to admit when you need to improve, and then actually take steps to do so.
    I have my fair share of time put into the game with 57 Masteries and i consider myself experienced enough to NOT be put with people who just started the game, and considering you never saw me play you have no right to claim what i should or should not be paired with in the first place.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Happens for me during certain times. Seems to be worse when my preferred region is Europe, then after 12 (AM). It can't find anyone, so it just pairs you with anyone who queued (that sorta thing).

I just had a Siege match where the right lane was getting stomped. Looked it up, they were both lower lvls (21 and 26) with the level 21 having won only 12 Siege matches and this was his first time on Anubis. Together they were sitting ducks for the enemy Serqet and Vulcan, who were lvl 30 with more than 200 matches, and they also happened to be partied up.

Kindof annoying when we are easily winning our lane, but we need to go to their lane to defend usually 2v4 and the Anubis also went afk when we didn't want to surrender - yes he was dragging us down a bit, but if he just did what I said (stand near a tower/Phoenix and just farm) it might've still worked out. But noooo... Anoobis wants to go clear waves and into enemy towers by himself so he can be ganked from behind.

For me it's almost as if the game wants them to have a win so they hope the better players carry them to victory... Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
    Last edited by Sensua; 02-16-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    I don't think you're special enough for the matchmaking to do that.

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The MM isn't offending you, it just fucked up. As it does every once in a while.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by lNogard View Post
    I have my fair share of time put into the game with 57 Masteries and i consider myself experienced enough to NOT be put with people who just started the game, and considering you never saw me play you have no right to claim what i should or should not be paired with in the first place.
    Wasn't commenting on your play style, I was commenting on your attitude. If you are getting offended by a game's matchmaking system, it's time to take a step back.

EDIT: Also, I solved your problem for you. You're in a party, that's why you are getting this matchmaking. Parties mess up the matchmaking, badly. I can count on one hand the amount of good experiences I've had with parties and this game's matchmaking.
    Last edited by Teevell; 02-16-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The Matchmaking is beyond screwed up today. I have been doing fine every Conquest (worst 1 negative K/D)m but even then im towards top player damage and top minion damage. The problem is every game I get a feeder, someone who feeds 0-9-0 and literally has no clue how to play. I've lost like 200 ELO in 1 day because of this, it's really pissing me off, I never have before but I'm seriously considering quitting SMITE until Matchmaking is fixed, I'm tired of the enemy team having 2 PLATINUM players (I can tell by the Season 1 border) while my team LITERALLY has everyone below 50% win rate and goes negative every game, I checked the stats afterwards. I'm sick of being on the trash team while the Matchmaking makes the game one sided in the enemy team's favor. 2 Platinums against newbies? Someone tell me that's fair.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 346
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The Matchmaking isn't offending you, it just messed up in a horrible way. As it does every match you join in .
    The Forum's Official Noble Warrior!

Need to contact Hirez Support? Use this link!
    Find an annoying Bug or Glitch? Post it in here!
    Make sure to read the Smite Forums Code of Conduct!

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer member. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.