Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Constant lag spikes throughout entire games since patch

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Hello guys, this thread makes for an interesting read, ive played smite for almost 2 years now, I work away from home and this game is one of my little gems in life that allow me to dull out from work. although since I've come back I have been unable to play smite since the recent 3.8 patch before it was fine. exactly the same conditions, no changes to ping, no changes to fps, but still not firing basic attacks, rubberbanding, unable to buy items in game. however the ingame chat is the only thing that is instant.

What I did?
    re-set router
    un-installed and reinstalled smite plus full file fixes
    contacted smite (basically chinned me off saying it was all my fault and my job to fix "Their servers")
    I've messed around with everything else I can think of to improve lag but no success.

I'm beginning to lose the will with smite and Hirez.
    Also to highlight it is not my connection I've been playing battleborn (since I cant play smite) ive had perfect connection all week with battleborn and crappy connection with smite

New Member Cupidhead toneofthedead's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Relevant Again.

This thread is relevant again. Ping went up by 30-40 with constant lag spikes during game.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Yes , it happens to me too , in every single games I play , this shit happens every few patches and is getting really annoying =/

New Member Cupidhead PonyRoxasXIII's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    This thread was posted a year ago and is still annoyingly relevant. I didn't have ping issues until the Viking Invasion update.I can't play a match without being jumped all over the place. I am on NA servers... I may switch servers if this keeps up... ANd then if I can't get it fixed, will have to quit alltogether.

Hi-Rez, you're gonna lose A LOT of your fan base if this keeps up. You celebrate 20,000,000 users but do most of those users play regularly with lag?

Now that I know I am not the only one experiencing this, i don't feel so bad....

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    This is happening to me. I have tried absolutely everything I know of and cannot get it back to the way it once was. Here is my original post:

Let me start by saying that I've played Smite for almost 2 years now. For all but the last couple of months, I have never experienced significant lag that persists for weeks and renders the game unplayable. On the contrary, I was always happy because of all the people I played with, I had the best ping. Typically mid 60s. It is also worth mentioning that nothing has changed as far as infrastructure goes. My speed tests are always spot on at 112mbps down and 12mbps up. Even when I'm experiencing horrible latency, I will tab out and run a speed test and everything is fine.

Nowadays I typically get about 250+ ping. It seems to be worse in the evening but it's still bad early in the day. Here is a list of troubleshooting steps I have tried, all of which have failed:

1. Disconnected wireless, ran ethernet cable directly from Time Warner cable modem to PC, bypassing wireless entirely.
    2. Opened gaming ports on firewall.
    3. Run game in Admin mode.
    4. Complete uninstall/reinstall of game.

There is nothing running in the background, not on the PC or the entire network. I have verified network resources are not being utilized via Task Manager. As this issue is isolated to Smite, I'm guessing it must be an issue on their end. I have not even pursued support through my provider yet as they'll take one look at my speed tests and say everything is working fine. Additionally, all other games and applications run without any issues.

Let me know if you'd like make and models of TW modem and/or router. I have opened a support ticket with HiRez and included my speed test and ping results but I have not heard back from them.

At this point I'm willing to accept any and all recommendations.

Thank you,

New Member Cupidhead DaimajuClowes's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 364
    So since Patch 3.17 i now have his issue as stated here since 2015...the game was running totally smooth in the highest graphic settings...now i lagspike every 3!!!!! seconds making the game entirely unplayable...switching servers is no use since EU is just as crappy as NA server and the other servers arent used appearently....so just remove those and add them to the crappy servers that clearly need support...because no matter how low i set my graphics to this game it gives me those lagspikes and i have to predict my attacks by now...i loved this game til now...but at this rate i will have to stop i guess

Junior Member Cupidhead powerhead555's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by DaimajuClowes View Post
    So since Patch 3.17 i now have his issue as stated here since 2015...the game was running totally smooth in the highest graphic settings...now i lagspike every 3!!!!! seconds making the game entirely unplayable...switching servers is no use since EU is just as crappy as NA server and the other servers arent used appearently....so just remove those and add them to the crappy servers that clearly need support...because no matter how low i set my graphics to this game it gives me those lagspikes and i have to predict my attacks by now...i loved this game til now...but at this rate i will have to stop i guess
    same here and no reaction from devs. it seems that usually happens after patches. dont think its computer issue.
    just now started uninstalling after another spoiled match. shame.
    Last edited by powerhead555; 10-19-2016 at 12:58 PM.