Thread: Terms for Different Personalities in SMITE (Work In Progress)

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ggame2's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Lightbulb Terms for Different Personalities in SMITE (Work In Progress)

We all know there's different types of players in smite. The vets know which ones they enjoy the company of, and the new players quickly learn the ones they hate. I believe these different types of players have formed factions within smite, and constantly contest during a game. Surely leading to an inevitable defeat to their team. In order to help people avoid this, I've decided to name, explain, and show different examples of the different types of players. I hope my side jokes keep it interesting for you guys!
    JUNGLERS
    "Some people love 'em some people hate 'em, but we all know we can't win without 'em."
    -Players who know whats going on
    *WARNING*NOT ALL JUNGLERS FIT UNDER THIS, SOME ARE ACTUALLY REALLY COOL GUYS!!! Also not all of these criteria are required to be labeled with Jungler Ego *WARNING*

Jungler Ego-No body but the jungler enjoys Jungler Ego, but they don't even enjoy it all the time either! (it often leads to teams loosing) When you see a jungler who's in platinum, or has the skill to get to platinum. They tend to have this ego.
    Key Features
    • egotistic
      - Junglers think they're (pardon my language kids) the hottest shit to ever be born. If you give them a 1v1 they have a great chance of winning that encounter. No lie these guys will wreck you if you try and solo them. Though that's their down fall. They're SO GOOD to the point they think they no longer need a team. So don't go relying on these guys to stop getting their buff, harpy camp, or objective to save your life. Cause they DONT CARE.Their ego sooner has them get the thing that'll give them a bigger edge than to risk helping you out. Which is a segway you the next point
    • A Set Job
      - Junglers have a method. This method is do what they do every game the exact same way, and blame other people when it goes wrong. Ever been in that situation where you're trying to capture an objective but can't do it alone and get ignored? You ask them to get you a buff and they don't listen? You tell them to retreat and they keep pushing? Well they don't listen to you because it's "NOT THEIR JOB" - Junglers with Jungler Ego. Since Jungler Ego gives you set boundaries on when you can go to objectives, expect a gank, expect to loose any potential ganks it becomes very easy for the other team to out play you. With a junglers 'Set Job' attitude and ego they don't feel the need to help and are often willing to leave you in the dust, blaming you when you or them die, all so they can have self gain.
    • The Jungle
      - The jungle is the home of the jungler(no dip let's move on). You ever get pissed when someone takes something from you? You have this sick pen at school and a kids steals it; youre pissed. You had a cool trading card and it gets taken; youre pissed. You invite someone over to your house and they took from you; youre pissed. Well this is how junglers feel. (NOTE THIS IS NOT ALL JUNGLERS WITH JUNGLER EGO!) You would have been cool to let them borrow your pen, something from your house, or trade for the trading card (hence the name TRADING card) but it's the fact that they did it without your premission or without you. Junglers have one primary source of xp and gold, the camps. Stealing from these will not earn your brownie points (which lead to ganks) you need to ask them for buffs and xp camps. (For people who DONT have Jungler Ego they would be cool to share it, and might just take a few minion kills to help balance out their bank accounts) A person with Jungler Ego would flip their shit all the way to next week. In which they'll play poorer than before (since theyre too mad to focus or are typing to you rather than playing the game) and start blaming loses on you the rest of the game (even if theyre only doing SLIGHTLY worse off than before). On many occasions I have seen them start to make up that things weren't going too well for them when in actuality it wasnt too bad.
    • Your Lanes
      - haha you thought the only thing that belongs to the jungler is the Jungle?!?! Youre funny, its not called Jungler Ego for nothing. When someone has an intense case of Jungler Ego not only does the Jungler belong to them, but your minion kills (pointing at you Lokis), player kills, and your buffs. Yes thats right I said it "your buffs". Remember how I said junglers "A Set Job" well this jobs includes taking your buffs if youre not their to claim it. What you thought since you were dead and just 10sec from respawning he was just going to wait for you? Think again. Your buffs times out and you got no share of xp or gold from it. What most people with Jungler Ego don't realize is that if we don't ask you to defend our lane DONT DEFEND IT! Unless we're dead and the tower is under siege dont go touching out gold and xp and we wont go touching yours.

That was A LOT to read, congratz on finishing it. Sorry for all the bag junglers. We know with out you we can't win a the game! It's just so many of you acted like this I had to give it a name. #JunglerCarry
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SOLO Laners
    "Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success."
    -Napoleon Hill

Solo Fever-Nobody cares about the solo lane, let's just move on...JK! This role is so important to a game you have no idea! Think of these guys has the extra beef to yo paddy.

Key Features
    • Patience
      - These guys know how to wait it out. If you've never been in the solo lane before here's how it goes. You start with the jungler and push, other team pushes back. Your jungler leaves. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Both of you back for a refill on HP and XP and items. You return. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Hoping for a gank to turn the tides. Sounds f***ing boring right? You have to be a mans man to be a solo. These guys are made of steal.
    • Focus
      - Ever see a solo loose focus of their goals? Well you probably lost without a hyper carry(People who go like 15/0 with top player damage) on your team. Unlike most other roles solo's dont have to worry about the whole team rotating to their lane, warding objectives like the duo, or spending too much money on wards since the jungler should be doing that for them. With focus the solo will take the tower and be able to rotate to mid. Freeing up the jungler from the left map side and let them gank right more often.
    • Fever
      - Being in the solo lane is lonely(hence the name). Not much team play goes on their mid game. Between mids battling it out and junglers trying to collect enough buffs, youre alone. This is why being a solo can be difficult at times, like the supp they don't get that much rep for their action. They go over seen, take your tower? No on really notices since most people are on the other side of the map. Your build will probably be focues on the person you've been 1v1ing for 15min straight so mid would wreck you. The Fever is real on the isolation of a solo.
    • The Back Up Carry (I like to call them our BUC's pronounced "Buck")
      - Your ADC wont always be able to carry the game for you. If you were unlucky enough to be given a jungler with Jungler Ego, or an ADC with a poor game, it's now up to the solo to carry. Solo's are mean green fighting machines. They take a whopping and deal one right back! If they were fightning a physcial solo then the enemy jungler would loose a 1v1. A Magic solo would mean the mid cant do shit. These guys are your back up plan to finish off a game. They can take the place of your Supp if he's dead, or they can dish hellish damage if the ADC has bombed.
    • Fruitful
      - The BUC's arn't limited to only just warriors. A Mage can do the job just fine. Receiving just as much farm as mid and ready to be the second barrel to your double barrel shotgun!

Don't over look the value of a well played solo, it'll surprise you what they can do. Even though they tend to be more well rounded for 1v1 plays and don't play too well in team fights if theyre the more secluded type, a difference will be apparent. #BeefShutgun
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mid Laners
    "The difference between being a victim and a survivor is often a low level of situational awareness. You can't be a super-spy, watchful and paranoid every day. But I am more watchful than the average American."
    -Barry Eisler
    Mid Tension- Mid's need to pay attention with all this damn tension. These guys are your eyes and consist of some pretty nice people...mostly

Key Features

• Tense
      - Being in Mid is like being in a ball pit with a bunch of rabid rabbits in it. Practically everyone's out to get you. Not only do you have to stay on caution for jungler ganks from solo lane, but from supp ganks in duo lane. In addition to the ganks that you'll inevitably receive, mid harpy camps always feel like theyre about to come up. If all that wasn't enough to at to the tension of mid it's not the supp and junglers job to ward you, it's your job to. Yes they should ward the lane once in awhile, but primarily you need to buy your own wards.
    • Expectations
      - Mids are in the middle of the map. Thus they must now maintain a watchful eye upon their map. As already covered a Mid should always be ready to jump back to hug their sweat hunk of a tower when that scary ass Thanatos or Bakasura is on the way, but also tell the other teams when theyre leaving. A Mids favorite command is VF2 & VI3/VI1. I'm yet to go a game as Mid that I hadn't said that at least once in between minion waves.
    • Rotations
      - You think only supp and jungle rotates? Ha! The only ones that dont rotate are them damn minions, but theyre still willing to follow into that jungle! Once a mid has managed to take down their tower they now should rotate to gank either duo or solo. This depends on if you can land the other lane a kill, help them push the enemy back, or help secure an objective. This does not mean the Mid can TAKE the kills. After farming in your lane for so long you shouldnt be so greedy as to not share kills with the team.
    • The Pillar
      - If Mid falls the whole map falls. Mid camps are worth so much xp and gold you cant risk the other team taking them. You're also a important treasure to the team for without your calls on enemy movement lanes will be lost. Perhaps the most important part of Mid is their furthest tower. If that's lost not only is it harder to spot ganks, retreat to safety after pushing, but also you allow the enemy team more room to rotate through for larger ganks. Without the Pillar the whole building will collapse.

ADC
    "It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it."
    -Lou Holtz
    Last edited by Ggame2; 02-15-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Hating on junglers okay then.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Fearlessing you into my tower ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggame2 View Post
    [*]Patience
    - These guys know how to wait it out. If you've never been in the solo lane before here's how it goes. You start with the jungler and push, other team pushes back. Your jungler leaves. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Both of you back for a refill on HP and XP and items. You return. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Your push, they push back. Hoping for a gank to turn the tides. Sounds f***ing boring right? You have to be a mans man to be a solo. These guys are made of steal.
    This is pure greatness, as a solo main I couldn't have said it better myself.

I tend to get a lot of PM's by the opposing solo laner that usually read something like this:

"how the fuck are you playing so passive, but are 4 levels ahead"

"how are you winning lane you've gotten no ganks"

The solo life is a good life.
    Last edited by Worbulow; 02-15-2015 at 05:47 PM.
    You have to be a mans man to be a solo. These guys are made of steel.
    IGN: Worbulow

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    this is going to be nice i hope you complete it.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Hating on junglers okay then.
    I said that it didn't apply too all junglers, but those who it does apply to act like that. Sorry if I offended you in anyway.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    I said that it didn't apply too all junglers, but those who it does apply to act like that. Sorry if I offended you in anyway.
    I wasn't offended but I understand what's going on. I main jungle and when I'm not jungling, 95% of junglers are like that.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    mostly i think this is a pretty useless thread. :/

It's just placing a stereotype on the various roles, and looks more like a vent thread.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    mostly i think this is a pretty useless thread. :/

It's just placing a stereotype on the various roles, and looks more like a vent thread.
    Why is it that you think this is a pretty useless thread?

I don't think I'm putting stereotypes out there that havent already existed either. You are right, however, about the vent thread part...partly. The "A Set Job" feature for Jungler Ego was definitively a vent, but after that I started enjoying it and am adding fun terminology SMITE players would enjoy using. Me and my friends already use it for fun already lol. Good laughs are shared by it.

Do you feel that this will not have the terms used in a fun manor? Or do you hope, as I do, that people will adapt this into a friendlier manor?

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    I think it will mostly go unnoticed, very few of us ever log into the forums, and lesser still read each different topic. So I doubt the terms will popularize or the archetypes will be codified as you've done unless you get some serious followers on twitch or something like that.

That said, the thread doesn't really add much to what is known, but it is kind of fun to read.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/