Thread: Continuous DC from Servers/Qualifying 'Deserter'

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338

Continuous DC from Servers/Qualifying 'Deserter'

So, I've been playing Smite for the past 6 months or so, and my laptop has been running it quite well. However, since the Season 2 patch, especially within the past 2 days, I have had continual disconnections from the server, booting me back to the login screen. This event occurs practically anywhere ranging from in-game to just sitting on the home screen.
    I am not sure if this is an issue with my computer, my internet, or something on Hi-Rez's end, but any help on the matter would be much appreciated.

In addition to this, the most recent time this occurred resulted in a 60 minute deserter after being booted to the login screen while in character select for a League Conquest game. This is not too much of an issue, but when I looked at the 'competitive' tab in the Smite lobby, I noticed that the game that never even started due to me 'leaving' the match lobby counted as a loss, giving me a total of 3 matches won, and 4 matches lost. I then went to my profile, and checked to see if there was any information on the match; I found that the matched showed up as a loss in my recent matches, but when I looked at that match in detail, there is no information given whatsoever, there isn't even a Match ID. I am just wondering if it really does count as a loss towards my qualifying games, and if it does, why?

Attached is 2 images that show the 'loss' in my recent matches, and that is gives no information.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 506
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTMS View Post
    In addition to this, the most recent time this occurred resulted in a 60 minute deserter after being booted to the login screen while in character select for a League Conquest game. This is not too much of an issue, but when I looked at the 'competitive' tab in the Smite lobby, I noticed that the game that never even started due to me 'leaving' the match lobby counted as a loss, giving me a total of 3 matches won, and 4 matches lost. I then went to my profile, and checked to see if there was any information on the match; I found that the matched showed up as a loss in my recent matches, but when I looked at that match in detail, there is no information given whatsoever, there isn't even a Match ID. I am just wondering if it really does count as a loss towards my qualifying games, and if it does, why?
    Oh man I can't believe this... it just happened to me right now ! -.-''' I was at the god selection of a league match and suddenly started experiencing huge lag spikes. Luckily i was still able to pick the god, then i thought :"Well deserter i won't get... match will just start even if i need to restart the client" HELL no! I just got directly to the login screeen and bam deserter 30min WHY!?! WHY!?

EDIT: AND.... just confirmed through the competitive tab from the client that it counts towards a loss (lost 6 tp) .... it may not mean that much but i'm mad right now.
    Last edited by Vislux; 02-15-2015 at 04:33 PM.

New Member Cupidhead WarriorWounds's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Yes this has happened to me just now as well, absolutely unacceptable for these to count during qualifying league matches.

New Member Cupidhead onestarwarrior's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    I have had this issue as well. It used to only happen when I left it sitting on the home screen for a while, but Ive recently had i t occur more often. Ive been bumped off to the login screen while looking at the gods as well right after selecting my god for a match. That of course led to a 30 minute deserter and a loss of all my goodwill. Its fairly upsetting and it would be nice to know if there any information on what is causing this.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sunariel's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    are you guys getting the ping surges as well?

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Ya, my most recent attempt to join a game happened like this:

MATCH IS READY! Click "Accept" to join

I click accept about 3 or 4 dozen times with no response

About 1 minute after the timer ran out and I was still clicking "Accept", I get booted to the login screen

DAMNIT!

I log back in

30 minute deserter penalty

HiRez, If this crap keeps up, I may be done playing. This is just unacceptable and very irritating when all I want to do is enjoy a game. Even in game, I get massive ping spikes. Isn't this something you should be taking care of BEFORE you release your new updates?

New Member Cupidhead onestarwarrior's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Ive never really had any lag spikes before this happens, I hold a strong connection. It just freezes for a couple seconds then boots me onto the login