Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New matchmaking ?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead zKeyy's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

New matchmaking ?

Alright so I know the matchmaking has been discussed a lot, but I never really complained about it.
    Sure maybe 1 game out of 4 was filled with the worst filth mankind has ever known, but at least you had 3 good games.

Since last patch though, 1 game out of 5 ISN'T filled with wretches.

I seriously loved this game (notice the "ed") but since last patch it's becoming less and less enjoyable. Hell what am I saying, it's actually becoming a damn nightmare !
    Troll pick or autolock, feeding AND bad gaming skills combined in the same team DOESN'T make it a good game. (and when you actually have a good team (what am I saying, a NORMAL team ffs), the ennemy team just surrenders(which leaves us with 10 minutes to enjoy and about 80 minutes to cry (1 out of 5, remember ?))

I'm pretty sure the only feedback you guys listen to is the one of Pro players but I'll try anyway, so I'm going to say those few words I saw a lot of people say before: "HiRez plz fix"

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    As ExtremelyCasual would say it...

It's backwash from other MOBAs, namely League of Legends and DOTA2. They take their troll shit and bring it to Smite. Why? They heard about Smite through the SWC.

___

Also, because of the Season 2 patch, people have to re-learn the game. I picked it up quickly, but some people still insist on Season 1 meta.

But I agree. Matchmaking needs fixing. That's why there's no "decline" button on match invite. So matchmaking makes matches, gets data, then gets fixed.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post

It's backwash from other MOBAs, namely League of Legends and DOTA2. They take their troll shit and bring it to Smite. Why? They heard about Smite through the SWC.

___

Also, because of the Season 2 patch, people have to re-learn the game. I picked it up quickly, but some people still insist on Season 1 meta.

But I agree. Matchmaking needs fixing. That's why there's no "decline" button on match invite. So matchmaking makes matches, gets data, then gets fixed.
    MM just can't handle the new meta, and people not knowing it.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead zKeyy's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 329
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

It's backwash from other MOBAs, namely League of Legends and DOTA2. They take their troll shit and bring it to Smite. Why? They heard about Smite through the SWC.a
    Yep you're right, there were trolls during late beta too but definitely not as many

Quote Originally Posted by as4mo3 View Post
    MM just can't handle the new meta, and people not knowing it.
    Alright I get what you mean, I did take some time to get used to it too.

But it's not only about the meta (although I did notice a huge disinterest in mid camps as people tend to forget them because they're not spawning at the beginning) it's also about "raw skill" like people trying to trade 3v5, diving someone with a hard CC ability only to die, I even got to play with a beginner Ymir who would just randomly ult the wave (even though this is a one time thing)

Also I did realize right now are holidays so it might be linked, I remember back in CoD days, during holidays it was a nightmare too

New Member Cupidhead hostesscake's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    idk before the last patch i could get a few good games in now things are just a crazy stupid lopsided mess. team just rolls over and stays in base very quickly and cant do anything. have four teammates chase one god and get killed by them. and this is very early in game after about three of those they just stay in base till game over hate being the only one able to put up a fight in a match. yeah its low levels but the other team shouldnt always be that much higher skill level.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Dont worry they will fix the MM in 2018

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Oh my god there were so many little shits yesterday who not only had no idea what they were doing but insisted on following me after the match ended into pm and harassing me over random shit. What the hell is wrong with people?

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Oh my god there were so many little shits yesterday who not only had no idea what they were doing but insisted on following me after the match ended into pm and harassing me over random shit. What the hell is wrong with people?
    They just suck and don't want to admit it.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Yesterday we had the forum Warrior club going until As4mo3 fed along with me after

yeah going be waiting awhile till everyone picks up the meta.
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    They just suck and don't want to admit it.
    Yeah, nothing worse than a noob who thinks he's a pro because he's already reached level 26 and has been kicking the shit out of other noobs.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/