Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: League Conq

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakeXsan View Post
    I read your whole post and this is what I understood.

The matches are so bad cauze you are low lvl. If you are lvl 30 this shouldnt happen, expect sometimes, cauze there are always trolls who try to ruin the game.

If I am wrong and you have these games and you are lvl 30 then you have really bad luck, but whats more important, everything you said here lets me know that you understand the meta , that you know to call a role and know the job with him, so my opionion is
    I'm afraid that's not the case. I've got more than 500 game hours, been level 30 for quite a while now, etc. and last match I played we had a support who had no idea how to support (no wards, etc.) but at least did what he was told to. The previous one we had a player who instalocked a Thanatoss when someone else had called jungle first, and then when on and died horribly over and over again. Etc.

Unfortunately, the casual conquest is full of good players and bad ones, all mixed together. Some know what they're doing, communicate, call roles and misses, etc. some don't. And you most usually see a couple of those, prople with horrible builds or with wrong characters for a certain role (seen Anubis support and things like that...).

So I believe you can't really learn to play in casual.Like Criyolite said, people too often don't care or are still learning the ropes, so games are a massive madness. To really learn how to play you need to enter leagues, start listening to what those in higher ranks say, etc. then you start to see the things that were hidden before, know a little bit about meta, etc. Or you can watch videos, if those don't bore you to hell like they do with me.

I never said about not learning in ranked , I am talking about ppl who dont care to learn or dont understand anything about the game.
    Well, people who don't care to learn will probably be stuck eternally in bronze, while those learning will slowly move up the ladder. Thus, eventually, if your elo is improving and so is your rank, you should slowly be leaving those that don't want to learn behind. Bronze is like the training ground for people who are trying to learn, silver is like highschool: still things to learn but you got the basics. And from gold on (I hope, I'm still silver, but from what I've seen) people are starting to really play.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MyDrama's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    This video pretty accurately summarize SMITE League Conquest experience!

Last edited by MyDrama; 02-16-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ggame2's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I don't believe that there's much Hi-Rez can do about this. There's no real way to force players to use Curse Voice in a game. Nor can they force players to play a specific way in a game by buying 'required' items.

I do agree that there should be a set number of conquest matches that MUST be completed to play in League matches. Playing Arena up to level 30 doesn't constitute as an experienced player in Conquest, only in Arena do they know what they need to do.

At the same time it would be unfair for Hi-Rez to force people to use curse. Not only is it not a part of their company, but also not all people have a computer that can handle curse without lagging its self out. I'm currently in Gold 3 and there's matches where people do use curse, but they don't have any mics so it's hard for them to really add an input to the conversations and ganks.

This isn't only a problem that Hi-Rez has, but also people since our wallets just arn't big enough for the extra bits of RAM or Mics to use Curse.

General team play wise some teams are just better than others. Period. They gank and rotate more. Hi-Rez would have a hard time controlling that. As for immature gamers who rage and complain all the time...there's not much to do about them either. Even if Hi-Rez found a way to move them all into their own game lobby my guess is they would get so infuriated with each other that they might end up quitting SMITE entirely, risking the loss of $$$ for Hi-Rez.

One thing that Hi-Rez CAN fix though is the poor match making. Us Golds should not go against the Platinums, yes when we loose to them not that much TP is lost, but it still ruins the point of us playing the game, to have fun! Hi-Rez should keep Bronze with Bronze, Silver with Silver, Gold with Gold, Platinum with Platinum, and Masters with Masters. Unless their in a Duo Queue. In which put them against another Duo Queue of people of same ranks so the teams stay balanced.

Junior Member Cupidhead Criyolite's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    At the same time it would be unfair for Hi-Rez to force people to use curse. Not only is it not a part of their company, but also not all people have a computer that can handle curse without lagging its self out. I'm currently in Gold 3 and there's matches where people do use curse, but they don't have any mics so it's hard for them to really add an input to the conversations and ganks.
    Tbh, since league of trolls, i was using CV. Problem with it is like - when i use it, i lag out completly and it's not hardware problem, it's my crappy ISP who provides probably worst internet connection in my country. It's same problem when i try to watch stream and play in same time ("watch" means listen). I would love to use it and communicate with people but honestly, maybe after i change my ISP to better one after it come to my village. Voice communication is a lot better for Smite becouse i am totaly confised with this "V" command menu made with totaly no logic and common sense (or it's just like memorize thing).

General team play wise some teams are just better than others. Period. They gank and rotate more. Hi-Rez would have a hard time controlling that. As for immature gamers who rage and complain all the time...there's not much to do about them either. Even if Hi-Rez found a way to move them all into their own game lobby my guess is they would get so infuriated with each other that they might end up quitting SMITE entirely, risking the loss of $$$ for Hi-Rez.
    There is a lot of ragers, at my actual (lvl 19) state. Was playing Serqet in jungle, had this bees adc in solo lane (instalock without call...) and he was constantly complain that he is loosing to Sun Wukong, was just feeding him from level... 2 or 3. For me it's simple solution - mute and focus on more valuable lanes. Snowballed our Kukulkan on mid, snowballed our Artemis in duo lane and pretty much won the game. But he was spamming constantly texts like "report serqet no help" etc, everyone in team told him to play safe and dont feed but he as adc tryed to fight sun wukong on melee range, i mean... wtf, cleary wtf.

Ragers are just... meh. Ignore and play your game.
    "Beaten by a little girl... ha!"

Junior Member Cupidhead oldsko0oL's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Achievements:
    imo they should also try to find a way to implement curse ingame ... what i mean is for example like in counter-strike everyone can hear the communication thats going on over mic ( your team ) and if u dont want u can mute em but u can hear them even if u dont start no other program its on by default ... that might help atleast a little because i can imagine even if u are not reading chat...if someone calls ur name over mic whole time and u hear the voice u will eventually take notice whatsoever

i dont really wanna go in on the other subjects since im just too new to the smite community and the game itself but i just was thinking why we really need a external program to communicate...im pretty sure curse can be implemented defaulty somehow ( dont know how to really explain this my english isnt the best )

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsko0oL View Post
    imo they should also try to find a way to implement curse ingame ... what i mean is for example like in counter-strike everyone can hear the communication thats going on over mic ( your team ) and if u dont want u can mute em but u can hear them even if u dont start no other program its on by default ... that might help atleast a little because i can imagine even if u are not reading chat...if someone calls ur name over mic whole time and u hear the voice u will eventually take notice whatsoever

i dont really wanna go in on the other subjects since im just too new to the smite community and the game itself but i just was thinking why we really need a external program to communicate...im pretty sure curse can be implemented defaulty somehow ( dont know how to really explain this my english isnt the best )
    I get what you are talking but curse is a small program and easy to install. You just run it and you are automaticly in the call with your teammates in the loby. But anyway not only curse that ist he problem its the fucking MM. I am gold 3 and I am paired with platinum 1-2 and silver and bronzebronze. Platinum is not the problem cauze you can learn from them but bronze are cauze they are not on the same lvl and have no clue what to do.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    16 gods mastered is nothing, only encourages smurfing, make it half the current amount or sth.

Junior Member Cupidhead oldsko0oL's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BakeXsan View Post
    I get what you are talking but curse is a small program and easy to install. You just run it and you are automaticly in the call with your teammates in the loby. But anyway not only curse that ist he problem its the fucking MM. I am gold 3 and I am paired with platinum 1-2 and silver and bronzebronze. Platinum is not the problem cauze you can learn from them but bronze are cauze they are not on the same lvl and have no clue what to do.
    yea but dont forget not everyone has a new pc
    i myself run a machine wich runs everything i need it for perfectly
    i dont wanna invest in a new system and the game runs fine
    but curse voice makes it lag so i avoid using it

i can imagine allot others do that aswell and keep off the chat with the team because of that very same reason...

here i mean only the subject of communication. the rest i keep myself out of
    also i tought about a system for a little on how to improve the competative side
    what bout people having to master 16 gods but not just that but them up to a certain level ( a level wich u can only obtain from scoring certain points wich require u to complete objectives in the map? mayb that they can implent ? )

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsko0oL View Post
    yea but dont forget not everyone has a new pc
    i myself run a machine wich runs everything i need it for perfectly
    i dont wanna invest in a new system and the game runs fine
    but curse voice makes it lag so i avoid using it

i can imagine allot others do that aswell and keep off the chat with the team because of that very same reason...

here i mean only the subject of communication. the rest i keep myself out of
    also i tought about a system for a little on how to improve the competative side
    what bout people having to master 16 gods but not just that but them up to a certain level ( a level wich u can only obtain from scoring certain points wich require u to complete objectives in the map? mayb that they can implent ? )
    There is 1 simple reason why you should master at least 40 gods. Only if you master a god you will atleast understand a bit about him.

Every 1 thinks: " I mastered this god so now I know how to play him"

Wrong

You need to know your god and more importand the enemy god. Cauze thats the problem.

You cant engage a thanatos or archne early on.

You cant pick apollo vs Amc cauze he is a counter etc.

There is soo much strategy in this game but man dont really know or dont care.

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakeXsan
    You cant pick apollo vs Amc cauze he is a counter etc.
    Agreed on the knowing your enemy part, really important. But why is AMC a counter to Apollo? I've mastered both and fail to see the conexion.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/