Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: League Conq

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    I tought the same in june when I hit 30....
    Even now, I'm not sure I can stand up to plats. Goldies? Sure. Plats, not really
    Exactly my point. When you just hit lvl 30 you might be doing really well because youve been playing against people who are also new to the game. So you think you are good.

Then they go into ranked and get pooped on. End up in bronze and then some even blame their teammates or the mm for being in bronze.

when i was "qualifying", was just b5, i got inatantly promoted into gold. Not saying im a god but im average. I played the game and watched tourneys/streams for about a year before going into ranked. I have now been playing for almost two years.

I believe my knowledge of the game is good but my mechanical skill has something to be left wanted. I know that. Bronzies do not.

Not saying all bronzies are like this but most are.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTranziztor View Post
    Exactly my point. When you just hit lvl 30 you might be doing really well because youve been playing against people who are also new to the game. So you think you are good.

Then they go into ranked and get pooped on. End up in bronze and then some even blame their teammates or the mm for being in bronze.

when i was "qualifying", was just b5, i got inatantly promoted into gold. Not saying im a god but im average. I played the game and watched tourneys/streams for about a year before going into ranked. I have now been playing for almost two years.

I believe my knowledge of the game is good but my mechanical skill has something to be left wanted. I know that. Bronzies do not.

Not saying all bronzies are like this but most are.
    Thank you mate, some who understands what I am talking about. Same goes for me, was watching streams and everything else and after qualif. Was promoted to gold 4, I am good but still have bad matches, but I learn from my mistakes

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Then poor bronze players will eventually do the same

Fearlessing you into my tower ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTranziztor View Post
    I played the game and watched tourneys/streams for about a year before going into ranked.
    I wish more people did this before hopping into ranked, hell I played a shitload of Joust 3v3 and watched streams and read dozens of guides before even hopping into casual conquest. Now I'm Gold 4 and I consider myself an average but I still feel horrible for going into ranked with only 50 gods mastered and only around 300 something conquest games played.

If more people tried to make an attempt at learning more about the game before going into ranked then maybe there wouldn't all these "QQmmr" and "QQcommunity toxic kek" threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggame2 View Post
    You have to be a mans man to be a solo. These guys are made of steel.
    IGN: Worbulow

Junior Member Cupidhead Criyolite's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    My personal opinion as new player here:

By playing normal conquest i cannot learn literaly sht about this game. I can learn how gods works, about their mechanic and how to counter it but about overall gameplay - nope. I cannot count number of times when enemy pushed me into tower and sit there - jungler is farming with solo lane for no reason insteed of comming and taking easy kill. Duo lane is just a joke, literaly all possible combinations starting from 2 mages, enging on like 2 guardians. Half of games are without jungler or with someone who try to be one.

Now how normal game looks from champion selection:
    - noone call lanes, just pick and lock, many times i am only one who call (after short time) lane, pick god and lock
    - game starts, i mainly play mid so i go to dmg camp, ping that i need it and.......... noone react, i need to wait till finishing tier 2 dmg item when i get it solo
    - jungler is taking mana camp from solo laner insteed of speed camp (considering that there is any jungler)
    - people fight in enemy minions like.... i mean...... ok, i am old LoL player and i know very good how ends fighting in enemy minions but when you take 2-3-4...x more dmg you should KNOW there is something in mechanic but THEY STILL DO THIS AND DIE
    - logic doesnt exist, teamwork doesnt exist, mostly one who is fed carry rest
    - in mid i try to gather people for objectives, rotate lane towers or GF but noone listen, people prefer to chase one guy with 4 ppl from one side of map to other and die in trap
    - chat doesnt exist
    - CV doesnt exist

Now tell me dear league players - how you expect new players to actualy learn proper laning, rotating objectives, seting up traps, stealing enemy buffs, keeping vision in crucial points, farming (i don't even know if ~550 g/min is good or bad)? I can agree that watching streams, YT videos can teach you a lot but not many people doing this, not many actualy analyze every death and pick points "why i died now?".

For me, as player of other MOBA, some mechanics are obvious, some of them are new and i had easy start but i miss something here.
    "Beaten by a little girl... ha!"

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Because they expect greatness from 800 casual games

The point is, if you group everyone up with similar skill levels, there's no room for advancement, unless you're trying to slow the process down so there's no hope in new blood in pros. Newbs won't know how to play better if they don't play with/against people who actually know what to do. It's just basic

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    @Criyolite I dunno, I'm only a little above your win level but it's never been that bad with me. As in, most things you say don't happen apart from junglers generally having no clue how to jungle/gank/be useful in team fights whatsoever.

Also, further OT: Qualifiers should NEVER be first pick and ban, even if they're highest elo. They should be excluded until they're qualified. When I was top elo and qualifying atleast I knew to ban Ao, Serqet, Kali, Nox, Geb/Sylvanus and it also depends a little on what the enemy team does, like don't ban any mids if they've already picked a mid for example.

However I've seen qualifiers ban Vulcan and then say "oh why can't I pick him, I wanna go mid. Oh, I banned him? Oh..."

Or the first pick being something dumb, like not picking Ao when he's not yet banned and someone says he is really good with him and wants to trade. Picks Bacchus support. Goes full damage. Doesn't pick any support items. Doesn't ward... (List goes on).

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Criyolite View Post

By playing normal conquest i cannot learn literaly sht about this game. I can learn how gods works, about their mechanic and how to counter it but about overall gameplay - nope. I cannot count number of times when enemy pushed me into tower and sit there - jungler is farming with solo lane for no reason insteed of comming and taking easy kill. Duo lane is just a joke, literaly all possible combinations starting from 2 mages, enging on like 2 guardians. Half of games are without jungler or with someone who try to be one.

- noone call lanes, just pick and lock, many times i am only one who call (after short time) lane, pick god and lock
    - game starts, i mainly play mid so i go to dmg camp, ping that i need it and.......... noone react, i need to wait till finishing tier 2 dmg item when i get it solo
    - jungler is taking mana camp from solo laner insteed of speed camp (considering that there is any jungler)
    - people fight in enemy minions like.... i mean...... ok, i am old LoL player and i know very good how ends fighting in enemy minions but when you take 2-3-4...x more dmg you should KNOW there is something in mechanic but THEY STILL DO THIS AND DIE
    - in mid i try to gather people for objectives, rotate lane towers or GF but noone listen, people prefer to chase one guy with 4 ppl from one side of map to other and die in trap
    - chat doesnt exist
    - CV doesnt exist

Now tell me dear league players - how you expect new players to actualy learn proper laning, rotating objectives, seting up traps, stealing enemy buffs, keeping vision in crucial points, farming (i don't even know if ~550 g/min is good or bad)? I can agree that watching streams, YT videos can teach you a lot but not many people doing this, not many actualy analyze every death and pick points "why i died now?".

For me, as player of other MOBA, some mechanics are obvious, some of them are new and i had easy start but i miss something here.

Except that`s not true. In casual from 400 CQ games, 30-40 were strange combinations and what you say. True, lvl 5-29 CQs teach you nearly nothing. The ones after 30 are the good ones.
    Creator of the Vent Thread

Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Started leagues b4 the new league system. Had only 60 casual cq games played, was an arena addict. 17 masteries, and my actual god pool was 3-4 gods. Never watched any streams or pro players. Result? Was about to promote to gold, but the new system came in.

Started fresh in bronze 5, because there were no qualifiers back then and no tier/division skipping, unlike in these easy times, 22 masteries, god pool of 5. 2 weeks after I'm in silver 1. Then, 25 masteries, 2 weeks after, on june 8, plat 4.

Then took a 2 month break, came back, got plat 2, 30 masteries. Another 2 month break, d5, 33 masteries.

I don't know what you're trying to prove there with those increased requirements, but if me, who was a scrub back then, was able to climb, then anyone can.

EDIT: Yes, I improved dramatically, playing with good players gave me so much knowledge, that I would never get in casuals, those were only for mastery grinds. So don't hesitate, hop into leagues, play, learn, get better and the rank will come.
    Last edited by ViralMarketer; 02-16-2015 at 04:04 AM.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Criyolite View Post

- chat doesnt exist
    - CV doesnt exist

I read your whole post and this is what I understood.

The matches are so bad cauze you are low lvl. If you are lvl 30 this shouldnt happen, expect sometimes, cauze there are always trolls who try to ruin the game.

If I am wrong and you have these games and you are lvl 30 then you have really bad luck, but whats more important, everything you said here lets me know that you understand the meta , that you know to call a role and know the job with him, so my opionion is

You mate should start playing ranked.

I never said about not learning in ranked , I am talking about ppl who dont care to learn or dont understand anything about the game.