Thread: Help me pick a God please

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Question Help me pick a God please

Hi, I'm new to Smite and I want help to pick a god.
    I have decided to only play Norse gods, to begin with, as I have a tenancy to buy every character in mobas and never master one.
    So I thought that I could try to focus on a group, and as Norse gods are my favorites, lore wise, I decided to go with them.
    In other mobas such as Dota and Lol, I tend to like to play tanks and fighters, more importantly initiators.
    I already got Ymir, which I've heard from friends are a good tank, but he lack the initiation that I want.
    So I'm thinking about 3 gods, Thor, Odin or Tyr.
    Thor seems like the obvious choice, he seems to have everything, but I like my fighters on the tanky side, and he seems more like a glasscannon type, but I don't know.
    So, anyone got a suggestion? Which one is more fun to play and would fit better with my preferred play-style?
    To re-cap, I want a tanky initiator, with CC, and some decent damage.
    Thanks for the help.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Herezulo View Post
    So, anyone got a suggestion? Which one is more fun to play and would fit better with my preferred play-style?
    To re-cap, I want a tanky initiator, with CC, and some decent damage.
    Thanks for the help.
    Well if your looking for a character that can initiate and tank Odin and Tyr are good choices. Odin has a really good jump to get in and out of combat and has an ult that can section of a whole area. Tyr is great at pushing people around to start team fights. Though tyr needs blink 90% of the time.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    IMO, Odin is much more worth it than Tyr.

Odin has a shield/jump/good damage/clusterf*k ult

Tyr has dashes and a slow jump(ult)..

In terms of initiating and decent damage, Odin.

Tyr has annoying CC but he's not as effective as Odin would be in a team-fight.

IMO.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    If you like to play jungler. Thor is recommend. Hes a beast in the jungler since he has good def and attack. So if you into that mastered him you should
    I Love You DiamondTessa<3

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldX View Post
    Well, im part of your sig. And theres a girl who has my name as well.

My fan club is bigger. Suck it R1ven !
    Quote Originally Posted by Rıven View Post
    I'm too cool for you anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    So where's my fanclub..?
    Happy now?

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Thor is not really a glass cannon. It depends on how you build him and out of the characters you listed he is the most "pro" tier god for initiations and experienced players panic a bit when they hear his ult. On the downside he can be difficult to play to bring the most out of him.

Odin is more of a counter pick against healers. He can clear a wave with his abilities and has a slow but his big initiation is his ring and too many of the gods in the game can simply jump out of it.

Tyr is very good at blinking and pushing with fearless but if people build cc immunity in late game then he is not so good.

If you are really stuck on norse gods then one you haven't mentioned is Fenrir. He has a lot of mobility and can be very annoying while his ultimate is a very good initiator early in the game. I would say that he is easier than Thor and less easily countered than Odin.