Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Could Hel make a return to meta?

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryBìrd View Post
    The problem with Hel is, she is to reliant on actives to survive being focused. Her heals can be shut down by many abilities and items. Weakening curse is such a hard counter to her. Even if she cleanses it, it is not hard to pursue her afterwords and the healing debuff lasts long enough for any melee god to slaughter her. Hel is only strong if she manages to get fed. If she falls behind, she is useless.

With the nerf to Aegis and Beads, she has become more vulnerable then ever. That 5 second cooldown reduction was clutch in bursting down assassins who would otherwise kill her in a stun. What Hel needs to be competitive is to remove weakening curse from the game and give her more base health. I don't think the removal of weakening would cause problems anyways. Aphro in my opinion is not a hard god to burst down. Herc may be an exception and yet the only reliable way to kill a fed herc is to group up on him and most the time, weakening was never necessary.

This is my perspective anyway for her to be considered a top tier pick and worth playing in tournaments. Atm, she has too many counters to be considered worth playing.
    You are overrating curse. It removes a single heal. And not even that if you have agility. Asclepius is also a great item and hel passive will assure she will always heal.

Ppl are building hel glass cannon. Ofc she is gonna get blown. Name a full dmg mage who doesn't get blown up.

Buy a warlock/ethereal, and an urchin and then you are tanky, have a lot of HP and still deal great dmg. If she get focused pop aegis. She will eat some free ults/CC and you won.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AngryBìrd's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    You are overrating curse. It removes a single heal. And not even that if you have agility. Asclepius is also a great item and hel passive will assure she will always heal.

Ppl are building hel glass cannon. Ofc she is gonna get blown. Name a full dmg mage who doesn't get blown up.

Buy a warlock/ethereal, and an urchin and then you are tanky, have a lot of HP and still deal great dmg. If she get focused pop aegis. She will eat some free ults/CC and you won.
    I am not overrating anything. I don't think you understand what a single heal means when Weakening is cast on you. Weakening, similar to Odins shield is a beacon which screams, pounce on that bitch. At that point you have 2-3 gods bursting you down. Hel is hands down the squishiest god in the game. a 35% heal is nothing... Gods with penetration are still going to rip through Hel even if she buys tank items. Wasting a slot on Rod is also a waste.

Like I said, she is reliant on actives for survival which is where the problem lies. If Weakening didn't exist, her heals would be a more reliable defense in most situations.

Senior Member Honoured Ramenyolo's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I am not overrating anything. I don't think you understand what a single heal means when Weakening is cast on you. Weakening, similar to Odins shield is a beacon which screams, pounce on that bitch. At that point you have 2-3 gods bursting you down. Hel is hands down the squishiest god in the game. a 35% heal is nothing... Gods with penetration are still going to rip through Hel even if she buys tank items. Wasting a slot on Rod is also a waste.

Like I said, she is reliant on actives for survival which is where the problem lies. If Weakening didn't exist, her heals would be a more reliable defense in most situations.
    I wanna know your build on hel. Heard you were diamond 2.

Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered

Even herc/vamana go down when 3 ppl bash them. What is the supp doing? The long range CC gods are just sitting around? When athena taunt and hel use the 3?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AngryBìrd's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    Even herc/vamana go down when 3 ppl bash them. What is the supp doing? The long range CC gods are just sitting around? When athena taunt and hel use the 3?
    Herc and Vam have mobility abilities let alone inherent tankyness. There is a huge gap in comparing what happens to warriors when grouped up on as apposed to mage who has no CC, no mobility and a bunch of items to counter her defense.
    Last edited by AngryBìrd; 02-13-2015 at 04:55 AM.

Achievements:
    Herc and Vam have mobility abilities let alone inherent tankyness. There is a huge gap in comparing what happens to warriors when grouped up on as apposed to mage who has no CC, no mobility and a bunch of items to counter her defense.
    Inb4 she is as mobile as ra.

But you missed the point. You are supposed to defend hel, not let her die