Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BlueStone pendant.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TenWildAbras View Post
    Slight Necro..

I still think this item should be removed or nerfed.. While it does make some people more viable. It also erases some weaknesses that other characters had. Hercules mana problems aren't a thing anymore.
    Then you would make artemis, xbalanque, hou yi, and cupid worthless.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    And I think they should just build the passive into every god's natural mp5 because mana isn't a good mechanic for an action game and it'll make it easier for them to balance.

They just used mana because LoL used mana but it's not a great mechanic for the type of gameplay they seem to be going for.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Mana creates an extra layer of decision making, because using abilities doesn't just put them on cool down for a few seconds, it also restricts potential for future ability use. Bluestone is a great item and might do for some minor nerfs, but it creates another important decision. Most gods, with the attack speed removed from Death's Toll, don't really have a starter item (hunters and caster gods), meaning everyone has to rush their build, or fall behind. As it is, delaying your stacking item for a starter item can be worth it again, as in the Death’s Toll meta.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    Mana creates an extra layer of decision making, because using abilities doesn't just put them on cool down for a few seconds, it also restricts potential for future ability use. Bluestone is a great item and might do for some minor nerfs, but it creates another important decision. Most gods, with the attack speed removed from Death's Toll, don't really have a starter item (hunters and caster gods), meaning everyone has to rush their build, or fall behind. As it is, delaying your stacking item for a starter item can be worth it again, as in the Death’s Toll meta.
    Yeah, that's called the opportunity cost. They should really just look at implementing in and out of combat MP5 so that you can slowly refill if you refrain from using abilities. There would be more of a decision if inhand damage didn't start so low compared to ability damage.

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    I don't know about the other 3... but Cupid will be a-okay. ANYONE HUNGRY?!(He can just MP regen via his hearts and he isn't very mana heavy to begin with.)

I know Artemis and Xballer are mana heavy, but that can be fixed. As the conversation above states, mana was made to add an extra layer of thinking, but also as a way to control certain gods.

Gods like Hercules, Xballer, Bastet, who were given mana issues to limit their strength no longer have that flaw. It would be like them making an item that would allow characters to move during channeling abilities(I.E. Anubis' ult, Cab's tremors).

If they find a god who needs the item in order to be viable they can easily just increase their mana pool or decrease the mana per ability.

As bluestone is right now(not with the current nerf, I haven't seen it), it's way better than the mana buff.... and may if you combine the two...

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    I don't even get bluestone on Cupid to be honest.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Bluestone is good to have because EVERY ADC was perpetually thirsty. What I don't like is that it became an excuse to add the AS buff and enforce the hell out of the boring meta (and leave supports bone-dry, lest they do anything fun).

That said, its mana regen seems excessive. At a glance, what I see is "A starter item better than LoL's Chalice of Harmony."

New Member Cupidhead Toxicman007's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I love bluestone, and I'll very rarely get a different starter item for a physical god (unless I'm jungling). I no longer have to build Jotunn's before my boots, or stack Transcendence just for the mana. After bluestone was reduced to 3%, I feel that it is the starter item that the game has been missing. We probably won't need any more starter items, IMO

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    And that is exactly my point on why it's not a good item. It's an item that has no drawbacks but everyone needs it. You might as well raise all physicals MP5 or decrease their mana consumption.

It makes balancing via mana useless. Xballer and Hercules being the major offenders. They are strong gods that were weaker due to the mana issues they had. The item rewards people for using skills, because the lower you are the more it regenerates. So ADC lane is still a clear by skill lane. I have not had any issues clearing the lane.

There is almost no reason to pick another starter for physicals. Except BUmba's for junglers.

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Since the last nerf I think it's in a good spot now because I can actually run out of mana on Fenrir with it. Before the change literally never. lol