Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81

Thread: Reporting people for being bad

  1. #1
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RevivePlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    77
    4
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7

    Reporting people for being bad

    I know you can report people for INTENTIONALLY feeding, but a lot of people seem to think that reporting bad players is ok.

    So many times now, after a match, have i heard "report [playername] for being bad" and when i point out that there is no option for that, they mostly respond with "just report him for feeding".

  2. #2
    FACEIT Prestigious Kaostic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,303
    42
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Rep Power
    50
    I would like some sort of "Needs Improvement" button, but it will never be added unfortunately. It's far too easy to abuse.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

  3. #3
    Senior Member Honoured Dammu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    703
    4
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    I would like some sort of "Needs Improvement" button, but it will never be added unfortunately. It's far too easy to abuse.
    Actually, it would be great, but the button actually wouldn't do anything. So, the reporter can feel the satisfaction of reporting someone for being bad, but the bad player doesn't actually get anything negative from it. But it should remain a secret. xD
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf!

    Assault Specialist
    Favourite gods: Ymir, Neith and He Bo

  4. #4
    Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,858
    30
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,798
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Rep Power
    23
    I tend to report people for harassment if they say "report [this player]" with an obvious lack of a justifiable reason and write in the field below that the person is calling for false reports.

  5. #5
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ponetron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Somewhere on Earth
    Posts
    56
    1
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    7
    If I remember correctly they had something like this in League of Legends. I forgot what the actual report was called (Poor Play or something like that) but what it did was adjust that players ELO if they got enough reports. At least I think that's how it worked.
    My last survey of my performance told me that I lacked enthusiasm.

    Which makes me lack enthusiasm.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    13
    This must be a function... In all matches I've played in the past weeks, at least one obviously didn't belong in the Elo/skill bracket.

  7. #7
    Member Worshipper Sensua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Too far up North
    Posts
    252
    3
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammu View Post
    Actually, it would be great, but the button actually wouldn't do anything. So, the reporter can feel the satisfaction of reporting someone for being bad, but the bad player doesn't actually get anything negative from it. But it should remain a secret. xD
    You've ruined the secret.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Cupidhead Wholesomejoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    17
    3
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    This happened to me last night. A group of more experienced players were trying to help me learn the game, and one of the other guys on our team we were matched with for some reason decided to be super rude, and wanted everyone to report me for feeding, even though I was only level 8 (they were all 30) and I died less than him. Someone said "You can't report people for playing badly, no offense". I was just there to learn. No matter what we said, the guy was just not very nice. Makes you wonder how some of these people function in the real world.. if that's how they act in a game.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Honoured Nightr0d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    537
    4
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wholesomejoe View Post
    This happened to me last night. A group of more experienced players were trying to help me learn the game, and one of the other guys on our team we were matched with for some reason decided to be super rude, and wanted everyone to report me for feeding, even though I was only level 8 (they were all 30) and I died less than him. Someone said "You can't report people for playing badly, no offense". I was just there to learn. No matter what we said, the guy was just not very nice. Makes you wonder how some of these people function in the real world.. if that's how they act in a game.
    You realize that you went in a game at lvl 8 with ppl who are lvl 30 and have hundreds of games more than you? Do you realize how selfish your actions and that of your "friends" are? If you want them to teach you then use custom games. Don't go into a match with lvl 30s just so YOU learn because you won't. No amount of games at that lvl will teach you anything except that you are not at that lvl. If you want to learn lvl up to 30 and then go from there.

    Eventually things will turn and once you hit lvl 30 and will be placed with someone of lvl 8 you will understand that guys feelings. Nobody likes to loose or waste time. You, being lvl 8, don't help the team in a match where ppl outclass you. You might have less deaths but I bet it's NOT because of your skills (unless you are some sort of god of SMITE which I doubt) but because your "friends" where always there with you and supported YOU more than the others. I've been on countless games where I could see favoritism such as that only to look at smiteguru and figure out those ppl where in a party!!!

    Stop being a jerk and lvl up to 30 through the proper means. If you want your friends to teach you things then use custom games. Don't ruin the game for others just because you are too selfish to do things the proper way. No sympathy from me here. Soon you will be on the receiving end of the stick yourself. Bet you won't like it either.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightr0d View Post
    You realize that you went in a game at lvl 8 with ppl who are lvl 30 and have hundreds of games more than you? Do you realize how selfish your actions and that of your "friends" are? If you want them to teach you then use custom games. Don't go into a match with lvl 30s just so YOU learn because you won't. No amount of games at that lvl will teach you anything except that you are not at that lvl. If you want to learn lvl up to 30 and then go from there.

    Eventually things will turn and once you hit lvl 30 and will be placed with someone of lvl 8 you will understand that guys feelings. Nobody likes to loose or waste time. You, being lvl 8, don't help the team in a match where ppl outclass you. You might have less deaths but I bet it's NOT because of your skills (unless you are some sort of god of SMITE which I doubt) but because your "friends" where always there with you and supported YOU more than the others. I've been on countless games where I could see favoritism such as that only to look at smiteguru and figure out those ppl where in a party!!!

    Stop being a jerk and lvl up to 30 through the proper means. If you want your friends to teach you things then use custom games. Don't ruin the game for others just because you are too selfish to do things the proper way. No sympathy from me here. Soon you will be on the receiving end of the stick yourself. Bet you won't like it either.
    Honestly, I have to agree here. People like the ones described here are not rude. They're just highly competitive. Besides, you'd learn the game a lot better if you played with people at your own skill level.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •