Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Bring Back Old GUI

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubblegum View Post
    Dude...
    This forum isn't exactly the place you want to say "I like" and "trolling" next to eachother, especially not if Disquieted1 is on...
    Someone cast the Summon Disquieted1 incantation?

Well, I'm here.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Yup, remove this s**t and bring back the old one.

So what I noticed:
    1) after latest update smite forgets my resolution settings. I use "Screen type: window" and "Resolution: 1920x1080", but each time I launch the program it start the default settings.
    2) Login screen: wtf I hate to spent all second to type my name.... Where is the option to "Remember my name"?
    3) Some strange humanoid alliens on frontpage. That space/blue bg sucks.
    4) Profile" what happend to circle stats? Fix or remove.
    5) Skin page is funniest thing ever. If I wanna check a few skins I have to choose god -- back to left menu GODS -- CHOOSE GOD. It's ok if I wanna check just few skins, but if I wanna check skins from all gods that "back to left menu GODS" take some time and I, personally, won't do it. So it increase the chance I may not notice a skin I would like to buy.
    6) WARRRRRRDS! I went crazy when I didn't fint the button to change my default ward. The same thing with loading frames, announcer packs, etc. I just accidentally fint that it's now in pop-up window when I click on my icon. It feels strange to have a ward list in 1 page, but to choose it in another.

There are a lot of things in this "new UI" (used by almost all scifi games) I hate, I just shared a few which bugs the the most (and may not be mentioned by others).

sorry for my EN

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The new UI is way more ergonomic.

I think the new one has a weird scaling, but it still an improvement.

Community Manager Senior Cupidhead HiRezMartini's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, improvements are coming!

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezMartini View Post
    Good to hear, Martini-sama.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I don't care if they bring back the old UI. I get why they wanted a change. To make everything feel new for season two. But this current one is to... Spread out, and inconsistent. I don't mind so much the style they went for, as I do how everything is laid out. Along with the text colors. The light blue, on dark blue gives me a headache. It also took me five minutes after my first match to realise, I have to click the "home" button up top, that never was a button before, but a logo.
    Last edited by Xenzzul; 02-12-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    Bring Back Domination

-My god idea-

CHARON: FERRYMAN OF THE UNDERWORLD
    The Ghoul also known as DEATH

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...the-Underworld

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezMartini View Post
    Good.

Quite honestly, the new UI is horrible imo. The old one was intuitive and easily navigated, while the new one seems to hide things in odd places, overlapping windows in strange ways, etc. I REALLY hate the fact that you can't see who's in a chat lobby without clicking on a button, and that the chat window shrinks to 3 lines after a couple of seconds. Not to mention that it overlaps the god selection when you're in a lobby screen.

I doubt you'll go back to the old one, but rather just tinker with the new one, so there's little hope that we can get the old, nice UI back. Can we at least get the ability to modify the UI like we can the in-game UI, so we can move things around a bit, have the option to show who's in a chat lobby, see tabs instead of that horrible "other channels" button, etc?

If I'm sitting in (say) clan chat and having a conversation with two other people in other tabs, the old UI would hilite those chat tabs when activity was there. Made it really easy to see when someone replied. All that happens now is a little [1] pops up over "other channels", making it impossible to tell at a glance what activity it was. Was it someone logging on? Was it something in the system channel? Was it a reply? Who from? Was it a new message from someone else?

It's awful.

Junior Member Cupidhead Circuital's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    +1. It's probably fair to say that they will change the GUI with all this negative feedback.

Senior Member Honoured Mindblower77's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Oh and dont foget about the friends/notifications tab.it overlapped the bottom bar, AND the theme,it looks out of place with the new "sci-fi" theme.

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sationix View Post
    Yup, remove this s**t and bring back the old one.

So what I noticed:
    1) after latest update smite forgets my resolution settings. I use "Screen type: window" and "Resolution: 1920x1080", but each time I launch the program it start the default settings.
    2) Login screen: wtf I hate to spent all second to type my name.... Where is the option to "Remember my name"?
    3) Some strange humanoid alliens on frontpage. That space/blue bg sucks.
    4) Profile" what happend to circle stats? Fix or remove.
    5) Skin page is funniest thing ever. If I wanna check a few skins I have to choose god -- back to left menu GODS -- CHOOSE GOD. It's ok if I wanna check just few skins, but if I wanna check skins from all gods that "back to left menu GODS" take some time and I, personally, won't do it. So it increase the chance I may not notice a skin I would like to buy.
    6) WARRRRRRDS! I went crazy when I didn't fint the button to change my default ward. The same thing with loading frames, announcer packs, etc. I just accidentally fint that it's now in pop-up window when I click on my icon. It feels strange to have a ward list in 1 page, but to choose it in another.

There are a lot of things in this "new UI" (used by almost all scifi games) I hate, I just shared a few which bugs the the most (and may not be mentioned by others).

sorry for my EN
    1. Thats probably a bug.
    2. I can see it, and I use it.
    3. Thats the Pheonixes.
    4. That is most definitely a bug. Sorry about that.
    5. New skins are extensively advertised, and displayed on the home screen. You're not gonna miss them.
    6. That is much better than it was.

These aren't bugs, however. Well, except for one or two.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes