Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please Bring Back Old GUI

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class

Angry Please Bring Back Old GUI

As stated by the person in a previous post elswhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracheherr View Post
    This UI looks clear and HD, but really, I keep waiting for Captain Kirk to pop up as the new god.

Apparently the designer is also left handed. The God and Ward Skins on the right was very intuitive and now seems oddly out of place on the left side of the screen. The boxes are very disjointed and visually look terrible.

These blue "Tron" like colors and buttons do nothing to conjure up images of might Hercules, or one of Zues's palatial temples. I see nothing of the Temples, Pyramid, or Alters that still exist in our modern times reflected in this "Starcraft" themed UI.

Whats with the Huge Buttons, I mean I'm sure there isn't many gaming that have a hard time seeing.

The new way you view gods & skin is also terrible. I now have to click on the god, then click back to the gods page. This makes it a real pain to quickly view gods and different skins. Also the gods clipping behind the UI when they are doing their animations is pretty annoying. The word "Owned" below the skin instead of unowned skins being greyed out seems confusing and unnecessary.

All the text is very hard to read, page text is way to small. The color of the text is horrid as well as the background that it is on.

"Other Channels" - This may be the biggest functionality failure of this entire UI change. Nevermind the terrible fade out, nevermind the buttons at the bottom. "Other Channels" to get to different chat boxs.... wow.

I have to click a button now to see who is in the chat channel.

This just looks very cheep, clunky, ugly, & off.

Personally I think whomever is in charge of this design should get a "Pink Slip".

Does anyone else notice the excessive amount of extra buttons you have to click to get anywhere now?
    Nothing is placed in an easy or convenient location. Navigating windows and sub windows is like re-writing the Webster's Dictionary. It's very time consuming and unrealistic.

The old GUI was great, Modernize it a bit with better graphics. DON'T attempt to "fix" something that is not broken. There's a ton of things you could have done to modernize it and improve it's look. Completely changing it takes it out of the "Smite atmosphere", is this Planetside2 where it's modern and hi-tech? No, people play Smite because they love MOBA's, Gods, and the Medi-evil/ancient themes that SMITE offers. This is not LoL where blue and black are dominant colors in the GUI.
    I have yet to talk to a single person in any games or on my friends list that actually "like" the new GUI.
    Please for the love of "SMITE God's" Bring back the more rustic GUI (previous version), with easier navigation and with a more appropriate theme. The above poster is right. Pink slip should definitely be in the making. If you need help modernizing the look of the GUI, I'm sure even I could help with that. This made several people think they were on the test server and relog to find out "nope, this is the update?...." "ewwww".

Sorry, I love this game, I love the community but wow... downhill rollercoaster with these unwelcomed changes.

Aside from the GUI, there's other issues as well.
    Assault matchmaking screen does not show loading counters (green blocks) indicating people are accepting, severe lag and the inability to select/re-roll/switch gods with teamates.

And the new maps... Yeah I guess I could learn to live with them.. not a fan myself, but playable.

Also what is with the Pings and frame rates? My ping nearly doubled from 52 (Steady) to 89-91. My frame Rate went from 150 to a low of 130, down to 100 to a low of 60... Are you serious?

System Specs:

Windows 7 x64
    i7-5960x
    Triple GeForce GTX 980
    32GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
    2x 500gb Crucial BX100 SSD's

No way I should be ducking below 100fps even on max settings.

Please leave any additional feedback here people. Hi-Rez may need some more critisism to re-think their "modern/Space" look.
    Last edited by SiNNiR; 02-11-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    +1

/10chars

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    +1

"DON'T attempt to "fix" something that is not broken."

Thisx10000

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 91
    +1

#Nightteencaracters

New Member Cupidhead ZeroDeezire's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    +1

"DON'T attempt to "fix" something that is not broken."

I totally agree

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    The new UI is okay, my only problem is the vomitastic god menu.
    So I guess that works as a vote.
    +1
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    im not care about lobby ui, bcs i only 10 minutes in lobby per day whil in game 2 hours. But i like trolling in eu us chat and new chat looking terrible and unconfortable

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromun View Post
    im not care about lobby ui, bcs i only 10 minutes in lobby per day whil in game 2 hours. But i like trolling in eu us chat and new chat looking terrible and unconfortable
    Dude...
    This forum isn't exactly the place you want to say "I like" and "trolling" next to eachother, especially not if Disquieted1 is on...
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    It's upsetting that so many people dislike the new GUI, yet nothing is being said about it on Hi-Rez's behalf.

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Is Ui livable yes but is it enjoyable no.
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark