Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Stop doing chests.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    I can plainly see that a lot of the posts here are by people who didn't play other MOBAs.

"Hi Rez needs to make money"
    Other MOBA's usually do a good job of making money without gambling.

"It wouldn't be exclusive if it wasn't in a chest"
    You have a very different definition of exclusive than me. LoL for example just sells skins only at certain times, for example the Noxus Poppy skin returns every once in a blue moon, however you can at least buy it directly.

"Don't like don't buy"
    Doesn't change that it's a dumb business practice that's unfair for the playerbase. That's like an author saying "don't like don't read" when someone criticizes their books.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Senior Member Chosen DirtyDiggler's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    if you dont like it, dont buy it. I buy everything so I don't really care. I can get stuff with 1 chest buy. How about instead of spending your time crying about them on the forums, get a job you hippy.
    “ Remember: What Cupid gives, Cupid takes away.”

Senior Member Chosen TristynTrine's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Well when I was a child and used my dads money, I spent a lot on games... I'm ashamed at how much of his money I wasted to tell the truth. Now that it's my own money, heck no. I'm not gambling for "a chance" at what I want. That's stupid, and I don't have the 100+ dollars that other people have to blow on a game. So, I don't support any kind of chest. Looking at Aeria Games and Trion lol...

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
    if you dont like it, dont buy it. I buy everything so I don't really care. I can get stuff with 1 chest buy. How about instead of spending your time crying about them on the forums, get a job you hippy.
    I do have a job... I also pay bills, car insurance, student loans, grocery prices, etc, and I already covered why "don't like don't buy" is a bad argument... Quite frankly I'd rather just buy something outright rather than having to gamble for it.

What I don't get is the lickspittle here. People defending exploitative business practices. Jeez, are you people sitting on a massive trust fund or something?
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    idki knocked them all out during oddyssy and got some very rare skins like coventions actually only a very few skins i dont have are some i just dont care for and the twitch ymir since the client for twitch in smite is uber broken. and poolsidin. (woulda bought him for the red cross deal but 100$ is just too much for one skin)
    once you get all the chest items its really easy to get the special skins from new ones since you only have to get 1 or two chests but it does take a heafty invest to get that far. just wish we had domination back so it would be worth it

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    I have probly spent about £60 on chests and still no pixel buster Freya guess it's just bad luck I dno :/

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Grilleds View Post
    I do have a job... I also pay bills, car insurance, student loans, grocery prices, etc, and I already covered why "don't like don't buy" is a bad argument... Quite frankly I'd rather just buy something outright rather than having to gamble for it.

What I don't get is the lickspittle here. People defending exploitative business practices. Jeez, are you people sitting on a massive trust fund or something?
    What ia this, "trust fund" you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDiggler View Post
    This has to be the most asinine argument I've seen to any discusssion on this board...

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    ive got my account with almost everything on it and it didnt happen over night most of the time i only put between 8-16$ on the game each week. sometimes when bills were low id put in a good 50$ but most of the time just small purchases of gems generally every patch day with new oddyssy item. after about three months had just about everything.

on a side note it did help dramatically that i work nights and sleep schedule kinda has me not having much else to do with my cash. still point being just do a little at a time and youll get there. though i do agree that special holdiay skins should be able to be outright bought on that holiday.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Caeliüs's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 250 Experience Points
    People tend to forget the game is free. If you want updates and such, you have to pay the man ; and if chests bring more money to the company than just selling the skins normally, then why should they stop ? Plus, you have a lot of skins that you can straight up buy. I think it's nice that some are chest exclusive and deserve a gamble. It's actually making them more exclusive and I'm glad not everyone has the Buccaneith skin (for example).

If they still have it, it's because a lot of people buy chests. I do!
    « Hey! Keep your eyes off me booty! »
    IGN : Caeliüs

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    Just give the two options. Let me buy it directly for a more expensive price or random skins for a chaper price.