Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop doing chests.

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JinTonic49 View Post
    oh its not? then someone please explain to me why out of the 50 chests ive opened 15-20 of the rewards have been cheap recolor skins i never want, and still no exclusive :P
    Because the chance of getting an exclusive is pretty low and the chests operate on just that; chance.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRaven View Post
    Because the chance of getting an exclusive is pretty low and the chests operate on just that; chance.
    Yeah, this is pretty much on point. If it was that easy to get the exclusive items, there would be no point in the chests. As you remove items from the chest, however, your chance of getting an exclusive, naturally, will go up.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    It's ok, they will keep making these ridiculous greedy chests, I will spend my money elsewhere. In LoL maybe, where I get what I pay for.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaxe View Post
    It's ok, they will keep making these ridiculous greedy chests, I will spend my money elsewhere. In LoL maybe, where I get what I pay for.
    Ridiculously greedy. Usually better than buying skin out-right. Logic?

It is not compulsory to purchase the chests. They are a cosmetic addition. You are free to do what with your money with which you see fit.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    All I want is a good looking skin that I'm paying for, fuck me right? I just wish it showed the actual % chance of getting it. Last time I tried those chests, I got the most advertised skin from the last one, then a bunch of cheap stuff that I don't even use like voicepacks for gods that I don't even unlocked. Same thing now with the Spring chest - got few skins that were actually cheaper on Skin Sale. I'm not participating on this gambling bullshit anymore.
    You're the cat's pajamas

Achievements:
    Why would knowing the percentage make any difference? Would it change how much you want to get it?

Also, the percentage is tricky. It will increase with the more stuff you own in the chest so, for instance, if it's 2% chance of getting it if you have none of the items in the chest, that may increase to 5% when you purchase an item.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by as4mo3 View Post
    Chests are fine, they give more than their cost.
    But I can't have the chance to buy the skin with his originall price. I prefer that, more than open a chest and dicover that I've obtained the skin that I hate. Becouse it have just happened and I'm very annoyed.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Otakuwolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 520
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    TF2 crates Logic, but at least the Smite ones are better, you won't find same piece of shit everytime you open one.
    The talent is built on the battlefield

Fearlessing you into my tower ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty much on point. If it was that easy to get the exclusive items, there would be no point in the chests. As you remove items from the chest, however, your chance of getting an exclusive, naturally, will go up.
    Pretty much this, I love my exclusive skins and I can't afford to buy all the chests, am I mad about it? No.

Also the whole "I don't like something so it shouldn't be a thing" is probably the silliest argument ever. Some people do enjoy buying a few chests and taking their chances, myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggame2 View Post
    You have to be a mans man to be a solo. These guys are made of steel.
    IGN: Worbulow

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ProxyDamage's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Guru
    Then stop buying them.

You can say "Oh, RNG gamble mechanic-gated content is horrible anti-consumer behavior that preys on psychologically weak people..." which, true, but at the end of the day is utterly irrelevant if you then turn around and buy the bloody thing.

Money talks. If a million people say "chests suck!" and then buy them anyways the message the company gets is "We really just like to complain, but honestly we love this!".

I mean, by definition, if you pay for something then it's worth its price. When people keep buying the chests how can they complain? I promise you that if people stop buying them entirely then they don't even need to make 1 post about it. RNG chests will disappear immediately.

But they don't. Because people keep buying them.
    Flareb00t's Word of Thoth - If you have a question about SMITE mechanics, answer is probably here.

My own Professor Proxy series on SMITECentral!

I also do The Underrated, another series on SMITECentral.

I am a plague, yes.