Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SmiteGuru scoring, how does it work?

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by JIeBuc View Post
    Smiteguru could be better, because it counts new games. F.e. i have 2.2k games, so my average is much lower than current playing.
    not really. You can easily get a 2k+ rating within the scope of about 100 games.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    not really. You can easily get a 2k+ rating within the scope of about 100 games.
    It's incredibly hard to go past 1800 rating. I've gotten ~1820 but any loss would be -45 or so.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    Only if you win them all.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Junior Member Cupidhead Markillion's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 619
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Hey guys - thanks for using SmiteGuru

The scoring system on the site is going to be redone soon simply because it isn't working as good as we would like it. (Its not rewarding wins as much as it should). So stay tuned for that update soon, once that is done we will explain a little bit how the new system works.

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Markillion View Post
    Hey guys - thanks for using SmiteGuru

The scoring system on the site is going to be redone soon simply because it isn't working as good as we would like it. (Its not rewarding wins as much as it should). So stay tuned for that update soon, once that is done we will explain a little bit how the new system works.
    Awesome. Is there a web page that explains how it works currently?
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    I always get sad when I go to smiteguru and I see that I lost ~50 points because we had a D/C or two and couldn't have possibly won.

And then there are games when I carry the team as a 0/1/21 support and only get +5.

Member Worshipper Lagministrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    From what myself and a few friends can tell, the MMR ranks people by elo, but smite guru also factors the god used into the equation.

Its like you have another hidden elo for each god used, so even though you are paired (and stats shown) by the base elo your rating changes based on the specific gods elo. If I win with Loki when he's unmastered I'd gain more elo than if I played with nuwa at diamond. The opposite it true for the loss.

What's tricky is that it seems to say "this guy was better with that god, so you should have had an easier game" and adjusts the remainder teammates accordingly too.