Thread: Hercules Help

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TheCelt990's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Hercules Help

I've looked throughout these forums, and online, and all it is is builds guides and such. I don't need help with builds. What I need, is help with PLAYING Herc. That is, I need tips on how to better play him. I am extremely bad at pulling off the 2->1 combo. I am just bad at his 2. I don't understand the hitbox of his 1. I just don't fucking get it. I want to like and play Herc, but I need tips on pulling off the aiming of his abilities and stuff.

For his 2, I rarely hit the pull. I just can't get the timing and aiming down. If I hit the two, sometimes I hit the 1 too early. Do they have to be fully landed on the ground after the 2 to be able to hit the 1? I don't get it. Please help.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    How to Herc:
    Build full CDR and MP5 and level 3 first.
    Press 3 to win.
    At least, that's how I do it.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Moved to Gameplay Advice.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Awards:
    Guru
    Long time Smite player and Content Creator with Roles Guides and over 700 Videos dedicated to Smite.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LostScarf

http://www.twitch.tv/scarfplays/profile

https://twitter.com/LostScarf

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    For the record, if you build Mystical Mail in a physical lane and your opponent doesn’t, you’re going to out-clear them and out trade them. Even a Guan Yu will out clear and have kill potential on a Hercules if Guan Yu rushes Mystical Mail and Hercules doesn’t.
    In the solo lane, you really need a build against a physical opponent and a build against a magical opponent as a warrior.
    -----------------------------
    Physical Lane: Mystical Mail, Witchblade, Warrior Tabi, Qin Sais
    Situational Items: Runeforge, Hide of the Urchin, Executioner, Joton’s Wrath
    Magical Lane: Stone of Gaia, Warrior Tabi, Qin Sais
    Situational Items: Witchblade, Hide of the Urchin, Executioner, Joton’s Wrath

Junior Member Cupidhead Circuital's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Herc is one of my favourite gods so I'll try to give you some help. Change the targeters in the options to the 'flat' ones. That helped me a lot. I found the 3D, raised targeter was obstructive and hindered my ability to land the ability.

Boy, if I had a penny for every time I used prematurely used Driving Strike in his combo... It's tricky. They don't have to be on the ground for it to hit. When you see them at approximately Hercules' chest height is when you should use it. It will hit 100% of the time. Be patient with it. In the heat of a team-fight, you may get over-excited and preemptively trigger it. I find his 1 has a slightly wider hitbox than the targeter suggests.

I will admit that Earthbreaker is not easy to master. My aforementioned adjustment to the targeter should help you. 'Leading' is a huge component of it. All I can tell you to do is practice. There is no cheat or 'life hack' per se; keep training and you will get better.

Another tip for playing Hercules is to use his Mitigate Wounds before you initiate a team-fight. The damage you take will be healed back up like nothing ever happened (Hercules is hard). Furthermore, look for the bounces on his ultimate. If you use Driving Strike on someone and they end up in the middle of a lane, turn to face one of the adjacent walls and use your ultimate. You will have a much higher chance of securing that bounce and defecating on that poor under-levelled mage.

I hope I have helped you. If you have any questions, just ask.

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    hercules was op for a very long time. ppl have mastered countering him. he is dead.
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    … as demonstrated by his performance at worlds. Oh wait…