Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Do stats matter ?

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Well, about stats: It's Smite, so noone even cares. It's a small game, with mostly low- or midskilled players, a bad matchmaking (Elo difference of 1,5k+, lol) and weird missmatches in joust 1on1. Maybe I would care about stats if it would be another game. But in Smite? Not really (even if I have good stats).
    Best regards khoRneELF / JustGankedANoob - Best so far: Joust 1on1 diamond 3, 87% WinQuote, KPR 7+ (all other smurfalternatives I don't care about stats and play them only for fun).
    Former Conq Master, over 2,5k Elo. (Main: Secret.)

A story about a friend and matchmaking.

My guides. Former games I played.

I miss the old SK Gaming and OCRANA. Had a nice time. zurückgenommen

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by as4mo3 View Post
    But trolls can screw up your w/l, and that's not your fault.
    Shouldn't have too much of an impact if you've done enough games to make up for the ones trolls ruin. But yeah, that's part of what I meant earlier when I said w/l doesn't tell the whole story.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Thiuss's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Kills/assists tell us nothing. A much better stat would be to show the player's KDA and win percentage on said God.

Banned Honoured ExtremelyCasual's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDOMnoNAME View Post
    Well, about stats: It's Smite, so noone even cares. It's a small game, with mostly low- or midskilled players, a bad matchmaking (Elo difference of 1,5k+, lol) and weird missmatches in joust 1on1. Maybe I would care about stats if it would be another game. But in Smite? Not really (even if I have good stats).
    Good idea. Insult the game on the official forums of that game. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends around here that way. Or like just in general.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCasual View Post
    Good idea. Insult the game on the official forums of that game. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends around here that way. Or like just in general.
    we dont want oppression here. He has a very good point there from his point of view. and I am sure if there is something that doesnt need to be heard in the offical forum, there are enough mods to clear that up. Thank you for your patience with people's ideas and thoughts.

For me stats matter well enough to give me depression.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 774
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Stats never matter, because its just a game.
    Though that being said, I try to keep my deaths down, assists up, and win/loss for each game mode above 45%
    MOBA
    Multiplayer.Online.Battle.ARENA!

ARENA LEAGUE PLAYERS! UNITE!!

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Grilleds View Post
    Only win/loss ratio matters, and it doesn't even tell the whole story. Why are you even asking this? This question gets asked like every week or so.

I'm actually getting annoyed by how often this gets posted as it's started to sound like some sort of elitist meme. Is there some sort of injoke I'm not privy to where everyone assumes people with low stats are taking objectives while people with high stats aren't? Usually the person carrying the match is also the person taking towers, soloing gold fury, and backdooring their titan. Getting a little annoying seeing people post barely related posts saying "prioritize objectives".
    The people with the highest stats, 95% of matches they're not carrying. They just have kills. And that's all.

Senior Member Honoured GroundStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    from my experience with all pvp games I have played the players with the best K/D ratios are not the best players. usually they are the ones who run, let their teammates die or play just to have good K/D ratios and not to win. They are some expectations but they are rare. Any decent player that plays to win will die a lot unless you have a very good premade team and don't face good players that often

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCasual View Post
    I wasn't aware we could only post "positive" feedback about the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    The people with the highest stats, 95% of matches they're not carrying. They just have kills. And that's all.
    I beg to differ. My experience has largely been the opposite. Usually the person with the best K/D ratio tends to be the one also focusing on "objectives", and usually they are also the one most religiously warding and using voice commands to help their team out. I know for a fact that the main reason I build lifesteal on Fenrir is to tank Fire Giant and Gold Fury.

Generally if someone appears to be carrying, it's because they are indeed leaps and bounds better than the rest of their team. Failing that, it's because they got fed early on.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Grilleds View Post
    I wasn't aware we could only post "positive" feedback about the game.

I beg to differ. My experience has largely been the opposite. Usually the person with the best K/D ratio tends to be the one also focusing on "objectives", and usually they are also the one most religiously warding and using voice commands to help their team out. I know for a fact that the main reason I build lifesteal on Fenrir is to tank Fire Giant and Gold Fury.

Generally if someone appears to be carrying, it's because they are indeed leaps and bounds better than the rest of their team. Failing that, it's because they got fed early on.
    I highlighted the key words.

My experience has been different. The one with the most kills roams for kills, and the one with the most deaths and assists is focusing objectives.