Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guides & Gurus Program Announcement

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender

Guides & Gurus Program Announcement

Guides & Gurus

We, as the forum staff, would like to help nurture the community that we currently have, and to help it grow to it’s full potential. We cannot do that without you, so we’ve created the Guides & Gurus program.

What is a Guide?

A Guide is a member of the community who is willing to go out of their way to help other users, both new and old, and assist them with basic questions, gameplay advice and the such. They are seen as custodians of the community and are expected to behave as one.

What is a Guru?

A Guru is a member of the community who has an incredible knowledge of certain aspects in relation to SMITE - a Subject Matter Expert, if you will. They are incredibly knowledgeable in an area such as ADCs, Healers, Conquest, Video Creation, Streaming or Writing. There is a wide variety of different potential spots for Gurus, but this position is top-of-the-top and difficult to attain to.

How do I become a Guide?

Anybody can apply to become a Guide. By clicking here, you will be taken to a form that you can fill out to apply for this position. We are not looking to flood the forum with guides, but we will consider every application carefully.

What does being a Guide entail?

If accepted, you will be granted access to a private sub-forum for yourself and other Guides to talk and discuss ideas on how to better the community. Along with this, we expect that you will go above and beyond our expectations in terms of assistance. Guides will be regularly assessed to make sure they are still upholding their position.

To allow new blood into the system without over-saturating it, we are currently putting a three month cap on Guides. After you have ‘served’ three months on the team, you will be replaced by a new Guide. You may still apply again.

How do I become a Guru?

Gurus are individually selected and approached by the forum team and asked if they would be interested in the position. You cannot apply to become a Guru; you just need to prove yourself within the Smite Community.

What does being a Guru entail?

Much like a Guide, Gurus will be given their own sub-forum to discuss with others gurus. You will then be expected to assist community members with questions that they may have concerned Medium-to-High difficulty questions. You will not be expected to answer the basic questions, but you are free to do so, if you so wish.

Currently, we are not looking at removing Gurus from the system overtime, but just adding new ones. Your performance as a Guru will be monitored however.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below.
    Last edited by Dmantakae; 02-02-2015 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Amended Guru
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    If I had the time I'd probably sign up for this, but at the moment I don't have anything to help people since my studies come first. But this is a fantastic idea, and I encourage anyone with the time and passion to sign up immediately.

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TraumaHunter's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Cool stuff :3

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Interesting idea, I may apply.

It seems like a good system.
    Bring back Ranked Arena. At least try it, HiRez. The old Ranked Arena used a flawed Ranked system, however your improved one is now in effect. Why not simply try it?

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer Guide. I work off my own knowledge. I do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Junior Member Cupidhead Lordwhizzkid's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Sounds awesome, I'll certainly try and be more active on here, it's very difficult to get on mainly because half the time you can never stay logged in :L But certainly will do more than I have been <3

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwhizzkid View Post
    Sounds awesome, I'll certainly try and be more active on here, it's very difficult to get on mainly because half the time you can never stay logged in :L But certainly will do more than I have been <3
    Yeah, this isn't something that I can change, I don't think. It's to do with the single-login system that connects both your game and your forum account. It isn't TOO bad, just clicking Login though ;D.

Community Manager Senior Cupidhead HiRezMartini's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwhizzkid View Post
    We'd love to have you!

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Does a guide/guru get any reward for their time by chance?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Does a guide/guru get any reward for their time by chance?
    Undecided.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    I'd love to be a guide.
    I've had people say I should be a moderator, but I don't have the time for something like that, but a guide sounds just right!
    Despite all appearances, I am not, in fact,
    an onion.