Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Make golden/legendary skins free.

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DesaCr8 View Post
    See, that's what I wanted to demonstrate here, everyone brought worse examples than what Hi-Rez is doing, I've brought a better one, so in the end is all a matter of perspective. You can't tell me to stop posting and ask for this. Many people left their thoughts about this here, you don't have to tell me to stop. I ask for something, you disagree, say that and leave the thread. Others will come and write what they think too (maybe), but don't try to make me feel bad like i did the biggest crime ever with making this thread and then posting in it even more.

That's why I'm not on the crappy reddit anymore, after all. My post would have got burried within minutes, with only a bunch of people seeing it. I'm totally allowed to ask for this, so stop telling me to stop, or saying how some other game is doing these things worse, there are also better examples.
    The entirety of this post just sounded like "Stop picking on me". There are better and worse examples, so Smite is in the middle of the road. There's nothing wrong with that.

By telling me to stop telling you to stop, you're being a hypocrite. As long as you are free to express your opinions, I am free to express my disagreement.

Also, why complain about me posting? By me disagreeing with you, I keep your post visible and increase the odds of someone else seeing the thread.
    #HailSatan

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DesaCr8's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    "I ask for something, you disagree, say that and leave the thread."

With this I didn't mean that if you disagree shouldn't post anymore, I mean that you don't have to post 5 times saying that you disagree, I understood it first time.

Is fine for me to say why I want this many times, because I've made the thread, was my suggestion, need to answer to everyone that makes a good point. But if someone post and say they disagree, ok, no need to spam my thread saying how you disagree.

Jesus, this wasn't for you, you actually make a different point everytime (to some degree), and having a conversation, but everyone else, not really.
    The meta is not mandatory, is an option.

Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    Is fine for me to say why I want this many times, because I've made the thread, was my suggestion, need to answer to everyone that makes a good point. But if someone post and say they disagree, ok, no need to spam my thread saying how you disagree.
    Just because you post a thread does not give you particular rights on it. By publicly posting your thread, you make it public property. You have no ownership over it.
    #HailSatan

Senior Member Honoured Lefargon's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    So let me break it down for you:

Player wants skin, player can't be bothered to grind for skin because it would take a lot of time, player uses real money to pay for skin, Hi-Rez makes more money.

Simple as that, it's a business model designed heavily around maximizing profit in a free-to-play environment. You know who has a generous system? Valve; DotA 2 has several items that you can get completely for free and every single hero in the game is free, ya know why, because Gaben is literally swimming in money and playing with knives as we speak and he knows from experience that people will buy keys for a "what's in the mystery box" style item.

Hi-Rez relies on making a profit more than valve because their game couldn't possibly compete with them directly, they have to do something to make the game more profitable and gold skins is one of those ways. Everyone wants free stuff but at the end of the day Erez gotta eat.
    Last edited by Lefargon; 04-22-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they are going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Saying "please give this for free" is no suggestion it is just a pledge.

Why should they do this? Can you give a reason? Would it be good for them, good for the game? or just good for you?

Gaining Mastery with a god is really easy. So giving a costume just for this (which should be a special costume) just does not feel special anymore.

And When you play a god to legendary gave you enough to buy it, so here also no giveaway for free is needed.

I have played this game for only a little more then a month but I got 860 gems and a lot of favour for free.

I mean when you make 2nd accounts and play them to level 30 you can earn even 200 gems each time you do it.
    So you can get everything in this game for free.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DesaCr8's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    Just because you post a thread does not give you particular rights on it. By publicly posting your thread, you make it public property. You have no ownership over it.
    You really don't understand, do you.. "because I've made the thread, was my suggestion, need to answer to everyone that makes a good point." Anyone would understand that I was talking about a responsibility here, not a right. Oh wait, you do understand, but you seem to keep trying to make me look bad, no idea why. But know that won't work, I had to deal with such situations before.

@Lefargon

OK, I want to pay real money right now and buy the golden skin. But I don't have any mastery on the god for which I want it, and also guess what, no point. With 400 gems I can buy a premium skin which looks 10 times better. And I still want the golden maybe, so I should pay 400 gems for a recolour, and even that only after I've played that god enough, because Hi-Rez so desire?

@TigrisCallidus

So, let's see, I gave lots of reasons already, starting from original post, and you come and ask for a reason. Ok.... No, I won't make a list with all, just for you, read whole thread.

+Another guy abusing Refer-a-Friend system, already reported one, maybe I should continue with more.

PS: Talking about THIS Hi-Rez: http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen...o_explanation/

Also, an old reddit post of mine:
    "So, I just logged in, played an assault match with Ymir, and when i look in recent matches is showing my AMC Assault match as being last (which was like 2 days ago), not this one. Then, when i want to apply again, it seems i have no timers on any game type in normal ones. So, I joined arena co-op. When there were 5 seconds left, on left side where it shows team, someone disappear, I disappeared. 1 slot is shown as empty, and Nemesis appear 2 times. Then, I get returned to menu - 540 minutes deserter. After 10-15 seconds, is suddenly dropping to 30 minutes. I've already got deserter like 6-7 times, and was never my fault. 2 times was because game crashed, the other times because of those amazing servers."

Not to mention how I have to reinstall game every patch, how I can't see when someone is locking a god in lobby, and how Smite is always crashing when I quit, sometimes even crashing the Windows. While a huge number of games, programs and everything is flawless.
    Last edited by DesaCr8; 04-22-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    The meta is not mandatory, is an option.

Achievements:
    You really don't understand, do you.. "because I've made the thread, was my suggestion, need to answer to everyone that makes a good point." Anyone would understand that I was talking about a responsibility here, not a right. Oh wait, you do understand, but you seem to keep trying to make me look bad, no idea why. But know that won't work, I had to deal with such situations before.
    I'm not saying you can't do that. I'm saying that others can as well. You implied that it specifically your right.
    #HailSatan

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    OK, I want to pay real money right now and buy the golden skin. But I don't have any mastery on the god for which I want it, and also guess what, no point. With 400 gems I can buy a premium skin which looks 10 times better. And I still want the golden maybe, so I should pay 400 gems for a recolour, and even that only after I've played that god enough, because Hi-Rez so desire?
    Because that's how they've set the system for gold skins? Look, we get it, you want them easier and cheaper. However, HiRez has decided that in order to get a gold skin, you must achieve mastery first. It's a prerequisite. And saying "which looks 10 times better" is completely your own personal opinion. Some people really like how the gold skins look. So that's a moot point.

If you want the gold skin, work for it. Or if you can't be fussed to put in the effort, you can buy it once you reach mastery. And once you reach rank-10, you can pick up the legendary skin.

You want them to be cheaper, or even free. Other (most) people seem to disagree with you. That doesn't mean you can just say "only post if you agree" or "stop posting if you disagree". It doesn't matter what other games do, or what their pricing schemes are. This is Smite. It has its own setup.

I personally find the current system just fine.

Also, an old reddit post of mine:
    "So, I just logged in, played an assault match with Ymir, and when i look in recent matches is showing my AMC Assault match as being last (which was like 2 days ago), not this one. Then, when i want to apply again, it seems i have no timers on any game type in normal ones. So, I joined arena co-op. When there were 5 seconds left, on left side where it shows team, someone disappear, I disappeared. 1 slot is shown as empty, and Nemesis appear 2 times. Then, I get returned to menu - 540 minutes deserter. After 10-15 seconds, is suddenly dropping to 30 minutes. I've already got deserter like 6-7 times, and was never my fault. 2 times was because game crashed, the other times because of those amazing servers."

Not to mention how I have to reinstall game every patch, how I can't see when someone is locking a god in lobby, and how Smite is always crashing when I quit, sometimes even crashing the Windows. While a huge number of games, programs and everything is flawless.
    How is this remotely relevant to the thread? Even then, I have never had any of the problems you describe. It sounds like something wrong with your machine.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead HAVOK's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Have some self-respect, by being provided something for free, doesn't mean you have to be treated like this.
    You are open to your opinion. However, are you being treated poorly by Hi-Rez because the gold skins have requirements that other recolor skins do not? I don't mean any harm. Just curious as how you are thinking on this one.

Also, in the end, its just a recolored skin. Why are we so passionate about it?
    GNWLAN Event Admin - Events Run: GNWLAN 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, SSL 2011, LANapalooza 2012, LANapalooza 2013

SMITE Game Moderator - www.twitch.tv/havok

Senior Member Honoured Aximundi's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    why would they be free takes like 10 games to get a mastery . I wouldn't mind seeing them lower the favor but that's about all golden should be saved for the gods you really enjoy.
    Color my life with the chaos of trouble