Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Make golden/legendary skins free.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HexisCopiae View Post
    It gives purpose to the resource known as favor.

If you do not have the god pack you have the luxury to spend and unlock gods, avatars, skins or even rent when you please. The moment you purchase the God Pack favor has no use outside avatars and skins alone, and once you have what you desire it will pile up to ludicrous amounts, never to be used again...
    I agree.

At least make things cost half as much favor when you buy the God Pack as a perk for supporting the game directly.
    Thanks and Good Day

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 526
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I'm fine with things as they are with this. Favor becomes far less valuable/useful once you have the godpack. My understanding is they implemented it because the community was seeking another favor burn. Back then it was used only for simple recolors for the gods who had them or nothing. Some of the long time players had mountains of favor. They tied it in with Legendaries to give the old players a sense of progression (masteries) and to be able to use some of that accumulated favor. It was a 2 birds 1 stone scenario.
    Prepare to get Assaulted!
    (Been around since the original forum, still as low key as ever!)
    IGN: Chernobog3

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Drächen View Post
    I agree with this. The skins should be rewards for your accomplishments.

At least make the Legendary skin free. Acquiring 10 Mastery in a God takes a long time and a lot of patience. I believe you earn it.
    i agree with this.
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    You're complaining that you have to play the game to get things for free. Stop it. Be happy that you get it for free at all. You aren't entitled to anything for playing the game. You're given a free game, and you're saying that's not good enough. Just stop.
    #HailSatan

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 617
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    You're complaining that you have to play the game to get things for free. Stop it. Be happy that you get it for free at all. You aren't entitled to anything for playing the game. You're given a free game, and you're saying that's not good enough. Just stop.
    literally this, please read it several times.

And the legendary skin .... I have no idea what amount of games needs to be played for mastery lvl 10, but I'm sure it will give you 15k favor for the skin.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DesaCr8's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    You do realize that golden/legendary skins are inspired by statues in the medieval world. They basically let you play with a statue made for a god, if it ever came alive, instead of playing with the god itself. Now, we can think about this in 2 ways, both mythological world and real one. In mythological one, those statues were made for gods to please them (and sometimes because those gods so desired). In real life, people made these statues for what they thought is real, to show their appreciation for good crop, for rain, and other things. Or to stop gods from being angry, when it was storm, when it was too sunny and they had no crop, and so on.

So tell me, did those gods pay for their statues? No, they've earned them, basically. That's what makes golden/legendary skins different from normal recolour skins. That and the golden frame. Isn't it funny how I can play maybe lots of games with Kali, then at 9,5k favor go and buy Sun Wukong recolour. But if I wanted his golden skin, other than having to earn it in the first place, by being mastery 1, also have to pay 5,5k more? +Let's admit it, most golden skins suck, legendary ones are more decent.

You really don't see anything wrong with this system?
    The meta is not mandatory, is an option.

Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DesaCr8 View Post
    So tell me, did those gods pay for their statues? No, they've earned them, basically. That's what makes golden/legendary skins different from normal recolour skins. That and the golden frame. Isn't it funny how I can play maybe lots of games with Kali, then at 9,5k favor go and buy Sun Wukong recolour. But if I wanted his golden skin, other than having to earn it in the first place, by being mastery 1, also have to pay 5,5k more? +Let's admit it, most golden skins suck, legendary ones are more decent.

You really don't see anything wrong with this system?
    Do I see a problem with me not being given free stuff? No. I don't think of myself as a god that is entitled to things. Again. You're being given a game for free, and you think you're entitled to more. Be happy that you get the game for free. Smite is one of the few MOBAs that allows you to buy skins win in game currency, and even THAT isn't good enough? Please, you're sounding like a spoiled brat. Stop it.
    #HailSatan

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokiko View Post
    it is free. 15k favor. favor is free.
    free? freeeee? favor = time wich u spend, time=money even childrens must know

time - the most expensive thing on the planet

i not buying golder/leg skins bcs they ugly, and expensive

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DesaCr8's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    Do I see a problem with me not being given free stuff? No. I don't think of myself as a god that is entitled to things. Again. You're being given a game for free, and you think you're entitled to more. Be happy that you get the game for free. Smite is one of the few MOBAs that allows you to buy skins win in game currency, and even THAT isn't good enough? Please, you're sounding like a spoiled brat. Stop it.
    Are you ignoring things that I say because you want so?

Normal skin recolour - no prereq, 9,5k favor
    Golden skin recolour - mastery 1 req, 15k favor

There is nothing wrong here I suppose.
    The meta is not mandatory, is an option.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DesaCr8 View Post
    Are you ignoring things that I say because you want so?

Normal skin recolour - no prereq, 9,5k favor
    Golden skin recolour - mastery 1 req, 15k favor

There is nothing wrong here I suppose.
    No, there isn't anything wrong. They can make anything any price they want. It's a free game. Anything else is just a bonus.
    #HailSatan