Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Make golden/legendary skins free.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DesaCr8's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Make golden/legendary skins free.

Did anyone ever wonder why they have to pay for something that they've already earned? Decide already, either have no mastery requirement, or give it for free at mastery 3 or 4 (golden). I just can't understand why do I have to pay for something that also have a requirement before that. Is the first game where I see something like this, to be honest, and I've played over 40 online games, if not 50-60. (Not counting the much bigger number that I've just tried for few minutes/hours)
    The meta is not mandatory, is an option.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Noisaka's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Its fine as it is now, Golden skin u need mastery I, something doesnt even need a huge effort, and Legendary Mastery lvl X, so if u want this skin u must play this god, it will show to other ppl that u re experienced with this God, or at least that u know how him/her work, w/o this requirement imo the masteries system will have no sense in game, in the fact of: "oh how nice Hel looks in Golden/Legendary, ill buy her skin" then i get it, without any effort and yet i have no dammit idea how to use her.

Also, having Golden Skin show ur rating with this god, if u have a good rating with this god probably u will like everyone see it, so pay 15k of favor for that is fair imo.

Achievements:
    Actually, from my experience, simply having a high mastery on a god makes everyone focus you anyway, even if you don't have your stats in the frame, so that's not a benefit, is more like a curse. You may like to show off in loading screen, but when you see everyone on you, then "FML".

And no, if you get Mastery 1 on 1 god, you didn't master anything, not with only 50 worshippers requirement, you need at least Mastery 3 on it, to even talk about that. Which is why if they give the golden skin at mastery 3, 4 or 5, you will feel like you've actually earned it, not just getting 5-6 victories, and now you mastered that god. No, you didn't master anything. And you are just buying a skin and a gold frame to show what? You should be more able to play that god before being able to use such things. Which, after so much work to reach mastery 3, 4 or 5, shouldn't have to pay for. You've already earned it pretty much, if you played so much of that god.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,077
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    it is free. 15k favor. favor is free.
    If you want assault to be balanced, you're playing it wrong.

You're mine now. Ymir will love you and squeeze you and call you george.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokiko View Post
    it is free. 15k favor. favor is free.
    Yes? Do you know how much favor you get if you play just 1 god up to mastery 1? If we were to estimate, let's say you play 10 matches and earning 150 per match. You will have 1,5k favor. Can you get your "free" golden skin? Or wait, you need to play 10 times more games at least to get it. Which if you play the same god, you will reach mastery 3 or 4 easily. What's the point having to pay for it after that time? You already played that god enough that you've earned the right to show how much you've played him and what you accomplished.

You deserve either the skin or the frame at that point, even if they split them and keep selling one, but granting the other.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Takix's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Personally I'm fine with Hi-rez making anything and everything cost something (gems/favour) as long as it doesn't change the game and gameplay itself.
    Gotta understand that its a f2p game, they have to make money somehow and skins/voice packs is a good way to do it. Even if you argue that favour is free and their not making money, it still means that the player will play enough games to earn 15000 favour which time spent in Smite. This will leads to people getting more into the game and ultimately (maybe?) them buying other skins since now they have a sense in attachment.
    As long as everyone is on an equal playing field in terms of abilities and gameplay, i don't care what they do or charge regarding aesthetics.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Drächen's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I agree with this. The skins should be rewards for your accomplishments.

At least make the Legendary skin free. Acquiring 10 Mastery in a God takes a long time and a lot of patience. I believe you earn it.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    it's only cosmetic. it doesn't bother me.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    It gives purpose to the resource known as favor.

If you do not have the god pack you have the luxury to spend and unlock gods, avatars, skins or even rent when you please. The moment you purchase the God Pack favor has no use outside avatars and skins alone, and once you have what you desire it will pile up to ludicrous amounts, never to be used again...

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drächen View Post
    I agree with this. The skins should be rewards for your accomplishments.

At least make the Legendary skin free. Acquiring 10 Mastery in a God takes a long time and a lot of patience. I believe you earn it.
    This is an idea too. If you don't think you'll ever play a god up to mastery 10, or just don't want to wait until then, you can buy golden skin+golden frame. While if you wish to wait until mastery 10, you'll then get legendary skin and golden frame for free. So you pay for faster access basically. Most people would still buy, since they would have to play a huge amount of games to unlock legendary+frame.