Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Make golden/legendary skins free.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead HAVOK's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Its a free game. I for one love that they are charging. It encourages the community to give back to the game. Without the sales of skins/gods/voice packs/icons/etc, SMITE would eventually go away. The free-to-play model works because of these micro-transactions. Just look at how much money TF2 has generated after going free-to-play.

Continuing to support the game will only help the community in the end.
    GNWLAN Event Admin - Events Run: GNWLAN 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, SSL 2011, LANapalooza 2012, LANapalooza 2013

SMITE Game Moderator - www.twitch.tv/havok

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I have no problem with the cost of golden/legendary skins. If you want it, save up and get it. I bought the god pack, and by the time I'd gotten every god to mastery-1 (and a couple at 2) I had something like 50k favor. Enough to buy three gold skins if I wanted. By the time I get any given god to 10 I'll probably have another 20-25k if I focus JUST on one god. Which means that the favor I earn getting that god to mastery-10 can be spent to buy the legendary skin.

Not a big deal.

There's no reason they should just give them to you for free because you want it.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I find favor builds up rather quickly for me anyhow, especially with things like the "Win of the Day" bonuses, or the bonuses you get every level. Plus if you referred anyone to Smite, there's a decent payoff there as well. And don't forget, there's opportunities to take surveys to earn gems on Smite's website. Those payoff pretty quick too, at least the Peanut Labs ones. I used them to buy voice pack for Baka, 'cus he's "the bestest". :3 For a F2P, there are plenty of opportunities to afford those more expensive skins.
    “Game shows are designed to make us feel better about the random, useless facts that are all we have left of our education.”

― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead DesaCr8's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    No, there isn't anything wrong. They can make anything any price they want. It's a free game. Anything else is just a bonus.
    Since you keep insisting with the free thing here, let me remake this:

Normal skin recolour - no prereq, 9,5k favor, 200 gems
    Premium skin - no prereq, few at 600 gems, all others at 400 gems, not available for favor
    Golden skin recolour - mastery 1 req, 15k favor, 400 gems

Ok, they shouldn't change the favor price. But tell me, why should I accept being ripped off from real money? I don't know what you are trying to accomplish on these forums, by defending Hi-Rez everytime, and posting a lot (though I think I have a clue), but there is nothing wrong with my suggestion, even if you disagree with it.
    The meta is not mandatory, is an option.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BethanyBond View Post
    I find favor builds up rather quickly for me anyhow, especially with things like the "Win of the Day" bonuses, or the bonuses you get every level. Plus if you referred anyone to Smite, there's a decent payoff there as well. And don't forget, there's opportunities to take surveys to earn gems on Smite's website. Those payoff pretty quick too, at least the Peanut Labs ones. I used them to buy voice pack for Baka, 'cus he's "the bestest". :3 For a F2P, there are plenty of opportunities to afford those more expensive skins.
    Never any survey available in my country, I've only got 2 gems from watching a Barcelona video once. No other options. Which, anyway, they would still rip me off, 400 gems for a recolour.

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DesaCr8 View Post
    Since you keep insisting with the free thing here, let me remake this:

Normal skin recolour - no prereq, 9,5k favor, 200 gems
    Premium skin - no prereq, few at 600 gems, all others at 400 gems, not available for favor
    Golden skin recolour - mastery 1 req, 15k favor, 400 gems

Ok, they shouldn't change the favor price. But tell me, why should I accept being ripped off from real money?
    You aren't being forced to spend your money. Say someone offers you a hot dog. Your payment options are $500 or playing a game for a couple hours. You choose to pay $500. Are they at fault? No, you were silly enough to buy it. Now, if that person had told you that the hot dog a had magic powers, then they are at fault for lying, but they told you it was an ordinary hot dog AND gave you a different payment option. And you paid for it. You are to blame.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish on these forums, by defending Hi-Rez everytime, and posting a lot (though I think I have a clue), but there is nothing wrong with my suggestion, even if you disagree with it.
    Lol, why do I need to have a motive? How dare I be an active member of the Smite community.
    #HailSatan

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    In this game you can atleast buy outfits (some of them) with favor only.

If you play LoL you have to pay for every outfit with real money.

I cannot see how there are complaints about this.

If you reach mastery level X you will have enough favor for the skin.

And as someone mentioned, when you have the god pack there must be some things which you can buy with the mass of favour you gain.

Achievements:
    You know, to understand what a real company is, you have to play Marvel Heroes.

Gazillion tweaked prices and even game mechanics (which also made them earn less money), to make everything cheaper with real money, and also easier to get for free by playing. They also have less from the game available for real money. Is like 75% that you can get only by playing, 20% available both by playing and real money, 5% real money only. And still, even though they have such a small part only available for real money, one of them being buying stash space, guess what they did last 2 patches. They gave 50 free inventory slots. Yes, after they tweaked prices before already, and all other things that they've done. That's what respect to playerbase means. So, for people that know such an example as this, asking for a tweaking of price or making something free, doesn't make them look bad, greedy or anything. Instead, makes those that defend Hi-Rez look bad.

Have some self-respect, by being provided something for free, doesn't mean you have to be treated like this.

Jesus, I've noticed everytime when someone makes a suggestion (asking for a change, for something to be introduced and so on), you always disagree. Is Hi-Rez having the best minds in the world and we are all mistaken in our suggestions? That's why I said you are trying to accomplish something.

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    You know, to understand what a real company is, you have to play Marvel Heroes.

Gazillion tweaked prices and even game mechanics (which also made them earn less money), to make everything cheaper with real money, and also easier to get for free by playing. They also have less from the game available for real money. Is like 75% that you can get only by playing, 20% available both by playing and real money, 5% real money only. And still, even though they have such a small part only available for real money, one of them being buying stash space, guess what they did last 2 patches. They gave 50 free inventory slots. Yes, after they tweaked prices before already, and all other things that they've done. That's what respect to playerbase means. So, for people that know such an example as this, asking for a tweaking of price or making something free, doesn't make them look bad, greedy or anything. Instead, makes those that defend Hi-Rez look bad.
    That's very generous of them, but by no means does it mean that HiRez is required to do the same. They already have free content, something that its counterpart (LoL) does not offer.

Have some self-respect, by being provided something for free, doesn't mean you have to be treated like this.
    Have some humility. Just because you are given one thing for free, doesn't mean you are entitled to it or anything else.

Jesus, I've noticed everytime when someone makes a suggestion (asking for a change, for something to be introduced and so on), you always disagree. Is Hi-Rez having the best minds in the world and we are all mistaken in our suggestions? That's why I said you are trying to accomplish something.
    You're obviously looking at isolated cases. I have personally suggested and frequently supported various suggestions to change.
    #HailSatan

Achievements:
    See, that's what I wanted to demonstrate here, everyone brought worse examples than what Hi-Rez is doing, I've brought a better one, so in the end is all a matter of perspective. You can't tell me to stop posting and ask for this. Many people left their thoughts about this here, you don't have to tell me to stop. I ask for something, you disagree, say that and leave the thread. Others will come and write what they think too (maybe), but don't try to make me feel bad like i did the biggest crime ever with making this thread and then posting in it even more.

That's why I'm not on the crappy reddit anymore, after all. My post would have got burried within minutes, with only a bunch of people seeing it. I'm totally allowed to ask for this, so stop telling me to stop, or saying how some other game is doing these things worse, there are also better examples.