Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hel Truly Needs a Nerf

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ggame2's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Exclamation Hel Truly Needs a Nerf

As a god that already has a form of cc remove, slow debuff, powerful nuke, speed buff, attack with healing potential, and another with even more damage. I feel her heals are too powerful. All this together makes an incredibly overpowered god, but her healing allowing her to go from near death to near full health? That's too much. Would it be possible to cut them in half, or even 25% for right now it's just too much of a game changer were the team with a Hel gets too big of an advantage. Under this you'll see what I consider to be 'broken' with Hel, though most is good, there's a few things that I prefer Hel, or any god/goddess, to have all at once or at all.

Stance Attunement(her passive): When Hel is in a stance, she gradually attunes to the strengths of that stance, gaining up to 20% damage in the Dark Stance and 20% healing in the Light Stance.
    -So your saying just by maxing her 4 (or putting a few points in it) she already has a passive that can equal or surpass most items?

1st Ability - Decay (Restoration): Dark Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+50% of your magical power)
    Light Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+50% of your magical power)
    Light Heal: 50/95/140/185/230 Cooldown: 8 seconds
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana
    - So assuming you have a fairly basic build of Warlock Sash, Shoes of the Magi, Bancrofts Talon, Chronos' Pendant, Obsidian Shard, and her favorite item Rod of Ascelpius. A Hel would have 420 magical power. Allowing her 1st ability to do at max rank in the Light stance 480 magical damage and in her Dark stance 576 with the additional 20% from the passive(Including the extra 60 power from her ult it would be 636). Her Light stance also granting 230 health back.

2nd Ability - Hinder (Cleanse): Dark Protections Debuff: 5/10/15/20/25 Dark Slow: 5/10/15/20/25%
    Dark Lifetime: 3s Light CC Immunity: .5/.7/.9/1.1/1.3s
    Radius: 20 Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana
    - This ability seems pretty well rounded. Nothing too extreme, nothing that bad. Cool downs decent as is the radius and debuffs. Taking away her CC Immunity will hinder a Hel too much with her lack of an escape or 'true' ultimate.

3rd Ability - Repulse (Inspire): Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+70% of your magical power)
    Heal: 60/90/120/150/180 (+50% of your magical power)
    Movement Speed: 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% Lifetime: 6s
    Radius: 30 Cooldown: 10 seconds
    Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 mana
    - This is a Hel's bread and butter. The one ability that will state who dies and who doesn't. Assuming a Hel still has the items mentioned before then In her Light stance a Hel would heal 420 health. Dark stance would deal 574 damage(634 with her ultimate). This is the main reason that I feel that Hel is currently broken and is in need of a nerf. With an ability that can heal her whole team for 420 health including her self, what's the need to go back? Stay out of the might for a 30seconds and tower hug and now the teams ready to fight and Hel (if she needs to) can go back and just mana up back at the fountain. While also sending her team in with a movement speed buff, which is an extra 5% FASTER than the speed buff! As we all also know when a person has a move that affect a circle around them, it's relatively hard to miss. In theory a Hel could hit a whole team of 5 with 634 damage, knocking adc's to half health, warriors to 3/4 their health and mages probably as much as the adc's. This is an incredibly powerful move. Moves in Smite should not be allowed to deal so much damage or heal that much. Some gods like Sylvannus heal more than that, but its an over time affect, not instant!.Immeditly do people feel the health regen from her 3rd, and will the enemy team feel the over increased magical power of it. It also cost less mana than her 1st or 2nd while doing so much more (what's that all about?)

Ultimate - Switch Stances: Dark Magical Power: 20/30/40/50/60 Light MP5: 15/20/25/30/35
    Cooldown: 2 seconds
    -Just by its self this is a scary ability, though not many people notice what it really does. This ability gives more power than obsidian shard, Spear of the Magus, ect. At first I thought it was just an ability to allow the stance changes to take place, never paying too much attention to how powerful it's passive really was. Just having it allows the player practically have a 7th item on them

KEY NOTES
    *Warlock Sash had 0 stacks on it during the making of these numbers
    *This is assuming Hel has reached level 20 with a full build and no potions or actives were used to boost her power
    Last edited by Ggame2; 01-28-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Senior Member Chosen Killgunner10's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Pretty sure she is one of the healers getting nerfed In the healer purge.

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgunner10 View Post
    Pretty sure she is one of the healers getting nerfed In the healer purge.
    First of all, yes.

Secondly, she's shut down hard by literally any assasin.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Banned Honoured ExtremelyCasual's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    If I had a quarter for every one of these threads, I'd have like seventy-five dollars in quarters.

Just because you see someone who knows how to play Hel well, doesn't mean she's broke....it simply means you haven't figured out that ganking will kill 99% of the gods in the game yet.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Now, really, why do the retarded threads are only made by people with a Cupid avatar? Is this supposed to make us hate them even more?

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Hel is balanced due to her very frail amount of health and defense.
    She also uses mana faster than any other mage in the game.
    Bacchus gets the equivalent of Void Stone and Legion Helm combined from his passive, without maxing his 4. He is also balanced. Please, do not use a god's passive being the equivalent of extra items as a reason for nerfing, because Anubis' passive acts as 2 extra items.
    Her 1 is very weak compared to some gods. Vulcan (who is not OP and is in fact deserving of a small buff to his turret) can do almost 800 damage with a proper build with nothing but his 1.
    Her 2 is actually quite powerful, and the only thing that makes her even slightly broken. She is the only god besides Xbalanque (who is technically a terrible hunter, whilst Hel is a very powerful mage) with non-ultimate CC immunity. Hers also lasts longer and cleanses current CC.
    You do realize that Ra can heal for much more than 420. 420 is Guan Yu level of near useless. 25% Is a lot smaller than it sounds. You make it sound like she just popped Heavenly Sprint and all of her team has speed buff. Also, please name one ADC with a total of 1268 health at level 20 with full build. That's right, there are none. Now, you say abilities should not be allowed to deal 600 damage in one hit. Looking at your profile, you main Neith, Ymir, and Isis. Neith can't do 600 damage in one ability, however Ymir and Isis can. Yet, you have not complained about them, have you?
    Again, NEVER compare a passive effect to an extra item. Also, never use the god's ultimate having the effect of an extra item as an excuse for the god being overpowered. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S THEIR ULTIMATE. THEY HAVE NO REAL WAY TO KILL SOMEONE LIKE OTHER MAGES SUCH AS ANUBIS OR RA. Hel's ultimate is actually total crap compared to the rest of her kit, and even the current worst god in the game (kukulkan) has a better passive than her ult, because he can get up to twice as much power as she can with his passive VS. her ult.
    Yes, I question Hel's balance, but if she was OP, she wouldn't be so for these reasons. Her damage is actually lackluster compared to gods like Ra, and Guan Yu has about the same heal.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Divine Ruin or Brawlers Beatstick.

Senior Member Chosen Killgunner10's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by White2abbit View Post
    Divine Ruin or Brawlers Beatstick.
    Don't forget about weakening curse.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Killgunner10 View Post
    Don't forget about weakening curse.
    Or just burst, maybe...
    Ooh, and Osiris.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    Now, really, why do the retarded threads are only made by people with a Cupid avatar? Is this supposed to make us hate them even more?
    It's because it's the default avatar.