2 8.00%
  • Fix it when you can

3 12.00%

Thread: Oceanic Server Match Making

New Member Cupidhead Paltridge101's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Thumbs up Oceanic Server Match Making

Enough said in the title really...

Let's be honest here, Australian match making really needs some improvement ASAP. I cannot say how many games I have been in where I have been the only level 30. I was in a game of the day and it was a randomly picked god 1v1 joust - the guy I was versing was level 3! How does this happen?!

Honestly there are times where I feel like I am being a bit too harsh - SMITE is such an amazing game and I love that there are so many new people joining in all the time, but why am I, a level 30 of over a year, being put in games with them? Seriously I am so excited that more and more people are starting to play smite, but when I am always put in a bad team I start to feel like SMITE is purposely putting me in teams with these new players! I talked to a mate of mine about it and he agreed, he said to check out SMITE Guru and it turned out that I had a high ELO for normal's, and that was why I was being put in these games - because apparently I was meant to carry. But how am I meant to carry against a fed team? Now my score is a joke because of all these games and I have only been able to play ranked - which only happen at a certain time because there aren't enough people playing ranked!

Please, I know it must be hard, but please!!! We need better match making!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Whanny's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    All we can really do is encourage these new players to hang around and let them get experience.

I would take uneven matchmaking over shitty ping any day.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Matchmaking is garbage in every region. I can't even imagine how bad it must be in a less populated server like Oceania.
    Bring back Ranked Arena. At least try it, HiRez. The old Ranked Arena used a flawed Ranked system, however your improved one is now in effect. Why not simply try it?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BuntĂ 's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Whanny View Post
    All we can really do is encourage these new players to hang around and let them get experience.

I am contemplating 300 ping on the NA server at this point.

Recently all I have had in Joust is a team of 3 Vs. me and 2 potatoes.

Junior Member Cupidhead TheKrookodile's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 277
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Whanny View Post

Unfortunately, most people just troll instead. I have had a horrible time so far and I am level 10. there are multiple times I have faced teams of level 30s with at least 1 of them having a god mastery of 10. Meanwhile, a couple of ass holes on my team start calling everyone noobs and to quit. It's hard to make friends because nobody wants to be friends when your team is 3-30, or there are the trolls. I already regret buying the god pack

New Member Cupidhead Fattestkat's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I agree I am all for people learning but I think the sheer lack of numbers prevents people with similar skill participate together.

I wonder what queue times would be like in offpeak/peak times if you could select lvl 30+ as a queue option?

There is still a point where new players just don't listen, im always playing with people better than me and if they tell me to do something I try to take it on board.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Hello,

If you're lagging than please fix your side of the internet, AU server is fine with connecting. Matchmaking is a little trouble at the moment but please take a note that Hirez isn't a big company like Riot [Creator of League of Legends]. Over time Hirez will improve and matchmaking will be better.

It's best if you have friends or clan members to start a 5 party as it will help to learn your teammates play style and doing so you could win/have more fun playing smite.

Also, note that Hirez are doing their best to fix this problem.

Thanks.

- Mikasa

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    my biggest problem with it mostly for 3v3 is you cant tell weather you need to carry them or not , most of the time i could have won the game if i knew
    but in reality i pick a good thinking they'll do something and i just take a loss instead
    i sugessted low level players have a colour around thier icon when in the lobby so you can tell roughly how exp they might be , but i doubt anything like that would be implemented